here is my new Epiphone Emperor II Joe Pass sig. i bought it used off ebay for a great price. made in '95 in korea. excellent jazzbox, one of the best for this price range. i was debating between this and a sheraton ii. honestly either work fine, but i wanted the feel of a full hollowbody to quench my jazz GAS so i chose this. my only complaints are that it gets a little bit of buzz in the bridge on certain notes when playing acoustically and its a tad sensitive to feedback (not that big a problem cause i doubt anyone will be using this guitar for overly loud venues). if anyone is interested in purchasing a cheap hollowbody for jazz, this should definitely be at the top of your list. enjoy the pics..

Dude, thats absolutely beautiful! You lucky ****er! Enjoy playing the shit out of that thing man! HNGD!
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

damn it that guitar just fueled MY jazz gazz

anyway HNGD i hope you two have lots of fun
daaaaamn she's gorgeous! whats the amp in the top right of a few of the pics?

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Yum.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Quote by SYLrules88
daaaaamn she's gorgeous! whats the amp in the top right of a few of the pics?

Marshall jmp 2203 running thru a 1960 ax cab
She's a beaut for sure. I looked at one at Guitar Center a couple of weeks ago but I decided to pull the trigger on the Sheraton II as I wanted a few more options than just jazzy type stuff. CONGRATS!!!
That's a gorgeous guitar, enjoy.
78' Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender 60th Anniversary Tele
Fender Nashville Tele
Fender MIA Fat Strat
EVH Wolfgang Special
Schecter C1+
Martin DC-16GTE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Egnater Renegade Head
Tourmaster 2x12 Cab
Fender Champ (1966)
Quote by rokshox
She's a beaut for sure. I looked at one at Guitar Center a couple of weeks ago but I decided to pull the trigger on the Sheraton II as I wanted a few more options than just jazzy type stuff. CONGRATS!!!

You really can't go wrong with either. You made a great buy
beautiful! HNGD
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!
holy crap. that is one nice epiphone. best part? with what 6? 7? ply binding on the fretboard? crazy. especially from an epiphone. i though i was special cause my epi has 6-7 ply on the body/heastock and just 1 layer on the fretboard.....
Quote by ikey_
holy crap. that is one nice epiphone. best part? with what 6? 7? ply binding on the fretboard? crazy. especially from an epiphone. i though i was special cause my epi has 6-7 ply on the body/heastock and just 1 layer on the fretboard.....

Mine seems to be 5-ply all around (headstock, neck, body). Epiphone definitely has a gem on their hands. What really suprised me is that Joe pass actually used this model. Just out of curiosity, what guitar are you using?
epi les paul custom. it has binding all around and a bound fretboard but the fretboard its only 1 thick white band - pretty standard with most bound fretboards.

very rarely do you see a multiply ply bound fretboard.

actually, most places charge about 100 more for a les paul custom. i checked musicians friend, and les paul is 699 and your is 599. personally i think thats silly, cause yours has more appointments and flashy features AND its a hollowbody. no hollowbody of the same quality should be as expensive as a solid body...should it?

heck, the les customs dont even have a cap. customs are from solid mohogany and gives a warmer tone. so your telling me a 100% solid peice of wood is the same labor as hollowing a peice of wood out?

those joe pass guitars are a real steal!!!
Last edited by ikey_ at Apr 20, 2011,
Quote by Mr Winters
So am I the only one who finds that guitar awfully ugly?

Anyway, HNGD

I'm sure there are others, but you'd be hard pressed to find them. :p
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

Quote by Mr Winters
So am I the only one who finds that guitar awfully ugly?

Anyway, HNGD

How??????

Jk, I'm sure there are a lot of anti-hollowbodies here