Hey
So I am moving out of rez, and I am packing my car tonight. I have a Fender Deluxe III tube amp. Now I am in Sudbury Ontario Canada, and it is supposed to get to -8 and snow tonight. Is the amp and tubes gona be ok in the car overnight?
Thanks guys!
Should be fine. Just make sure to let the tubes warm up to room temp before turning it back on. Heat to cold tubes will cause them to break
I wouldnt if I were you. The cold can crack the tubes and the wiring isn't meant to be in those temps. I don't leave gear in my car if it's below freezing or above 90. Could just be me though
I you bring a freezing amp inside you risk getting condensation on the internal components.
tbh i don't think it would be a problem, but just to be sure i'd leave amp til the morning, also it'll be added security incase your car goes AWOL you still have your amp rather than filling insurance details in about what was in the car that they won't pay out for because you never told them...
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Put the amp in the car but pull out the tubes and keep them with you where its warm. Problem solved.
Cold alone can't crack the tubes.

If you let it warm up for a while before turning it on, condensation won't be a problem. (you can't short something without juice in it)

The amp will be fine, just make sure you put it so the speakers are facing the direction they normally face - if they're lying down or facing the sky, the cones don't handle the magnet weight extremely well.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs

If you let it warm up for a while before turning it on, condensation won't be a problem. (you can't short something without juice in it)

The amp will be fine, just make sure you put it so the speakers are facing the direction they normally face - if they're lying down or facing the sky, the cones don't handle the magnet weight extremely well.

Thank you. Someone that knows.
/thread
Quote by bubb_tubbs

This. Try not to keep it exposed to the open air as well though.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??