I ordered an egnater tweaker from GC in Florida, and today when I called to get a tracking number the guy told me he was packing it yesterday and he used some foam or some shit because it's a fragile item.

But he told me that It had gotten all over the grill and that he managed to clean most of it up but there's like 1 or 2 spots that you can see from a foot away.

He asked me what I wanted to do about it, then said he would send me a picture of it, but I didnt get a chance to ask what he meant by "do about it"
I know it's cosmetic, but shirley, this is going to affect the resale value even a little bit when im ready to pass it on.

Could i get some cash back or what would this kind of thing constitute?
Last edited by SKArface McDank at Apr 19, 2011,
Quote by SKArface McDank
I ordered an egnater tweaker from GC in Florida, and today when I called to get a tracking number the guy told me he was packing it yesterday and he used some foam or some shit because it's a fragile item.

But he told me that It had gotten all over the grill and that he managed to clean most of it up but there's like 1 or 2 spots that you can see from a foot away.

He asked me what I wanted to do about it, then said he would send me a picture of it, but I didnt get a chance to ask what he meant by "do about it"
I know it's cosmetic, but shirley, this is going to affect the resale value even a little bit when im ready to pass it on.

Surely.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Surely.

shirley you cant be serious? Thanks for all the help though bubbs!

Also, how much do you think something like this would constitute in refund?
He's taking a while to send the pics but ill post them as soon as I can
Yeah I would say hey the amplifier I am now receiving is not what I paid for. Ask for the seller to knock off a few bucks and refund you the difference.
here's the picture

how much of a refund do you think this is worth?

there's two on ebay in mint condition for 185-320

and i paid $325 for it originally, but if i get a total refund It would be like 5 days til it showed up on my debit card

Quote by SKArface McDank

between this and the guitar you are having bad luck lately. ok but to the problem itself. i dont know what the issue really is. i see the picture but is it stuff that just got in the grill that you can vacuum out. im not really sure what kinda "foam" he means. if this is permanent ask them to speak to a manager and tell them this is unacceptable if he says blah blah, literally write to the ceo of the company. with the picture attached. this has worked in the past it will work in the future. (do this only if you need to). im just curious if it worked its way in the wheat grill and just needs to be sucked out. and just to clarify, they have shipped this already??
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Quote by SKArface McDank
shirley you cant be serious? Thanks for all the help though bubbs!

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by thejester
between this and the guitar you are having bad luck lately. ok but to the problem itself. i dont know what the issue really is. i see the picture but is it stuff that just got in the grill that you can vacuum out. im not really sure what kinda "foam" he means. if this is permanent ask them to speak to a manager and tell them this is unacceptable if he says blah blah, literally write to the ceo of the company. with the picture attached. this has worked in the past it will work in the future. (do this only if you need to). im just curious if it worked its way in the wheat grill and just needs to be sucked out. and just to clarify, they have shipped this already??

It looks like the fresh foam they use for packing peanuts, but from the looks It was wet foam that made contact and set and dried into the grill. Im thinking I could screw around with it with a hobby knife for a few hours and get most of it out, but I dont know what the grill material is =[

and no, it was supposed to ship yesterday but he kept it cause i didnt get his message

Quote by 667
Did they charge you shipping?

up the ass, cause im in california and theyre in florida, the amp was originally $279 on the used website, but with taxes and shipping it got up to $325 somehow.
A guitar, which is much bigger obviously, shipped for $12 from Illinois. I dont think its THAT much of a difference between them to constitute double the shipping
Eh, I thought they would weigh alot less, but it's apparantly double.
themoreyouknow.jpg

Holy shit...
I remember the dude told me it was going to be $325
But i went to check my bank account and I only had $302 when I ordered it, and the GC charge was $301

They didnt charge me taxes for some reason.. only $21 shipping..

but back OT, How much should I ask for?
from experience with that kind of foam, when its on fabric, its reallly hard to clean off, Im pretty sure its polyurethane

When i was making skimboards last summer I would use that kind of foam to fill in dings in the styrofoam, and when I would get some on a piece of clothes, you could tear the big chunk off, but the contact point would stay on it no matter how many times you washed or scraped it

think super glue when you get it on a shirt
Quote by SKArface McDank
here's the picture

how much of a refund do you think this is worth?

there's two on ebay in mint condition for 185-320

and i paid $325 for it originally, but if i get a total refund It would be like 5 days til it showed up on my debit card
Questions left unanswered... Why did you get it for $325? If it was new then they should have just replaced it with another new unit. If it was used then 15% off for the additional cosmetic damage would be resonable. Heck I got mine from MF new for $400 - $80 (20% discount code). Actually I got another $20 off on top of that because of some silly survey. Plus free shipping.
Quote by fly135
Questions left unanswered... Why did you get it for $325? If it was new then they should have just replaced it with another new unit. If it was used then 15% off for the additional cosmetic damage would be resonable. Heck I got mine from MF new for $400 - $80 (20% discount code). Actually I got another $20 off on top of that because of some silly survey. Plus free shipping.

I said i got it used but it got buried in the posts. but yeah, I asked for $35 that it would cost to replace the grill cloth, just waiting for a response.

musiciansfriend
just realized :P
quite a facepalm moment for me since I look at stuff on their site mostly

whered you get that coupon code though?
Stained and beat up shit is the bomb.

worn stuff looks cool most of the time, but the point is, if I wanted something worn, i would pay a lot less for it than a mint one
good one dude, great one

why post just to be a douchebag?

that shit on it looks bad, why wouldnt I care about my first full tube that I spent all my cash on?
Quote by SKArface McDank
good one dude, great one

that shit on it looks bad, why wouldnt I care about my first full tube that I spent all my cash on?

i got your back man. some people are idiots, obviously, welcome to UG. anyways i think what you asked, 15% is extremely reasonable. if they say no then tell them NOT to ship it and refund your money on the spot. There are others out there for that price, you will be able to find them, guaruntee it.

you said you are in cali, as i am and we have two of the biggest used music markets out here. LA/OC & San Francisco. Something will pop up. At the end of the day I say just cancel your order. replacing grill cloth isnt the most exciting, especially the basket weave stuff they use on egnator, i just used that stuff and it is hard to stretch and to get 'tight' so what can easily happen is you get soft spots. anyways good luck. which guitar center is this by the way? someone must live there on UG, go in and check it out for you.
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Quote by effyeahjade
buy one of these and get over it
bet youll go to the store an get it next time

You are really an idiot. You are pretty hard to talk a mess on the forums. You are obviously one of the cool elitist guys that only buys things in person, from the sounds of it also a guy that pays full price because all the new gear is always there. When looking for something pretty specific and you want to save a grip of cash sometimes you have to look harder and farther away. Am I talking mess now, well yes I am but I am defending homie TS because you were rude initially.

Now guys, don't feed the troll. It's a no-no.
Gear-Ibanex rg7321 w/dimarzio pups--->Ernie Ball Jr. Vol pedal--->TS9-->Line 6 DL4--->ADA MP-1--->Marshall 9005 poweramp--->Line6 4X12 straight cab w/v30s
You guys need to relax.

Insulting people creatively is the best part of these forums.

Quote by SKArface McDank
good one dude, great one

It's not a douch bag, it's a tampon. Geeze.

Also, I would probably just let it go. I don't think reselling it will be an issue. People will buy anything.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Apr 20, 2011,
Quote by Jack Off Jill
It's not a douch bag, it's a tampon. Geeze.
Apparent reading comprehension problem.
success I got them to lower the price from $279 to $249

An extra $30 that can go to some new texas specials winning! duh! at war! goddesses.

also, thanks jester :P
Quote by SKArface McDank
success I got them to lower the price from $279 to $249

An extra $30 that can go to some new texas specials winning! duh! at war! goddesses.

also, thanks jester :P

no prob man and great job!!!!