Ok, so Im not exactly new around here but this is my first time posting so I hope this in the right section.

Anyways, My problem here is that while playing my Peavey Cirrus through my amp I started noticing that my bass would randomly produce loud scracthy feedback kinda sounds (exactly like the sound made when you plug into an amp after its already been turned on) and now it has escalated to the point where my bass will completely cut out and the only way to get it back (unfortunately) is to give the body a nice smack with my palm.

Now my best guess is that there is something going wrong with the jack (patch cord seems to have some wiggle room almost) and that perhaps my patch cord isn't always touching the circuit or whatever. But i really dont know so ya...

Also is this a big problem or is it something small and easily fixed? Im kinda worried since ive had the bass little more than a year and i paid about a grand for it.
It sounds like either a soldering joint failing in either your cable, or the input of your bass, nothing major just have a good look at everything, maybe try a different lead and try rule out possibilities
Fender Custom Shop Designed 50's Classic Player Strat
Orange Micro Terror
First you need to pin down what the problem is.
Try playing your bass with a different amp. If the problem still persists then try a different cable.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Then most likely you have one of two problems ten.

1 solder coming loose on input jack

2 the ground is going wonky on you.
Quote by FatalGear41

sounds like the output jack.

Easy fix.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Ok i thought it was probably something to do with the input jack.. Thanks everyone btw. i just hope it doesnt cost much to fix. cause i definitely dont know how to fix it myself.
Skinny sweaty man IN A GREEN SUIT!
If it's just a resolder it should run no more then 25 bucks depending on your area.
Quote by FatalGear41

It would probably cost me $90

Seriously, it's the easiest thing in the world to fix yourself

IMO it's a waste of monet to get someone else to do it.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by gilly_90
It would probably cost me $90

Seriously, it's the easiest thing in the world to fix yourself

IMO it's a waste of monet to get someone else to do it.

Well I would definitely rather do it myself its just that i dont know how. Is there perhaps a guide i could read or something?
Skinny sweaty man IN A GREEN SUIT!