Here's some rings I've been making out of guitar strings. If there's enough interest, I'll offer them for sale in the Classified section. These rings are made out of silver and gold plated strings, flat wound nickle, phosphor bronze, and regular round wound steel strings. I can make them any size.
What do you think they might go for? We've sold the gold and silver plated ones for $25.00. Thanks for your input.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I have no idea what they would sell for, but those are awesome.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Was gonna say 'inb4 the lock' but those actually look pretty cool

But still... inb4 the lock
Quote by maidenrulz19
When playing any pokemon game and encountering a fisherman with 5 or 6 FUCKING MAGIKARP!!!!!!! I mean the thing is useless and it only gives like 7 exp points each. Yeah eventually that guy can have an army of gyarados but still.
you know what would make me buy them

if you can unwind it and it becomes a string again so in gigs if you break a string you have extra on your fingers!!!

but no there pretty cool:P id buy one maybe for a little cheaper though
Epiphone Dot Cherry red
Fender Standard Stratocaster black 1980s model
Epiphone EJ-200CE Natural
Telecaster Fender custom
Roland Micro Cube
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
orange tiny terror
Dude. I want one.
Quote by AlecMag
You have made a potentially boring thread epic. Be proud.

Quote by rabidguitarist
deanwad could be right, actually.

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
i could never wear them. they're secretly waiting to untangle and spike me in the eye.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Lol, it's just a turk's head knot. Nice job though, it's tricky to make with any sort of metal or wire.
I forgot how to play guitar. Q_Q
Was there not a thread on this yesterday?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
+1 if you came in this thread expecting a noob TS asking why the strings on his cheap-ass guitar make such an awful noise when he gets to the 5th fret or higher.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
So do we get our $25.00 back when they corrode and look ugly?
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
So do we get our $25.00 back when they corrode and look ugly?

lrn2coatedstrings
I wouldn't pay much more than a pack of strings costs

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
That's pretty badass! I'd buy some if you asked for a little less.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
I'd definately wear them if they were cheaper, but now someone's said what kind of knot they are, i'm going to make them myself!!! Mwaahaahaahaahaaaaaa!

BIIITCH! :P
Quote by Rocker007
Blackrat has won this thread. That is an awsome post.

This was posted right after I posted said post in a completely different thread... Whups.

"There are 3 types of people in this world... Those who can count, and those who can't."
Last edited by Black Rat 1214 at Apr 19, 2011,
Pretty good, I wouldn't wear one but I'm sure a lot would.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by Black Rat 1214
I'd definately wear them if they were cheaper, but now someone's said what kind of knot they are, i'm going to make them myself!!! Mwaahaahaahaahaaaaaa!

BIIITCH! :P

Lol, good luck. It's tricky, but if you have a few hours and some patience you can learn it.
I forgot how to play guitar. Q_Q
Wouldn't these things eventually cause rash and stuff on your hands?

If not, I'd totally buy one. Or more.
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
Thanks for your input guys. You're all right. They will wear out. They are costume jewelry at best. I'm guessing using bronze strings might turn your finger green, metal strings will tarnish, etc. That's why we tried the gold and silver plate strings, they don't react to skin allergies, or tarnish as fast.
I tie mine around a ring mandrel to get the right size. There are different ways to tie the knot, my way may not be the easy way for you.
Because the rings are flexable, they can fit a bit larger finger than a regular ring.
The rings in the picture are available. For the UG'ers that might want one, send me a P.M. with your ring size, and we'll see what can be done. If there's enough interest, I'll sell them in the Classifieds. Around 15 scooties for the regular metal strings, 20 scooties for the gold or silver strings sound fairer?
Thanks again for your help with this idea.
I have to be completely honest, I probably wouldn't pay more than $5 for a ring and maybe $10 for a braclet. I just don't see the quality in them. If you get a good procedure and technique going, they shouldn't be that hard to make at all. I mean, that is with all the problems of skin reactions and rust getting figured out which I think would be cheap fixes. But hey, I hope it works out for ya! That's just my opinion.