So yeah, im basically being investigated for benefit fraud because i didnt declare that last week I had 4 days of work unpaid. (that was very beneficial for a job in the future)
This is Job seekers allowance, I didnt have the 'employer's' detail with me at the time so i was held under caution at the job centre and all my details have been sent to the fraud section.

Eitha way i have job secure now for a few months because of this work and want to sign off but they still want to investigate and prosecute.

Whats your view on this pit!? Am I completely in the wrong? Any had experiences in this?

What do you think my punishment will be?
Last edited by smokeysteve22 at Apr 19, 2011,
I know it doesn't answer your question but how does one go about getting job seekers allowance and how difficult is it to get?
well, to the letter of the law, then yes you ****ed up. you were taking benifits when you were working. however the work was 4 days and unpaid. that and you're in line for getting a job and getting off benifits. so i doubt anything substantial would happen about it, chances are it would just be a "try not to let it happen again"
Hi, my name is Forrest and i play the Gee-tar

Current Equipment
Vintage V300 acoustic
Squier Bullet Strat
Fender FM 212R Amp
Vintage Les Paul

Next Guitar/Amp
none....... YET
I ALSO PRODUCE CRAPPY MUSIC
Twitter?
You are guilty of insurance... *looks at book* fraoud...
Quote by maidenrulz19
When playing any pokemon game and encountering a fisherman with 5 or 6 FUCKING MAGIKARP!!!!!!! I mean the thing is useless and it only gives like 7 exp points each. Yeah eventually that guy can have an army of gyarados but still.
Quote by Greenie_777
I know it doesn't answer your question but how does one go about getting job seekers allowance and how difficult is it to get?

Pretty easy, you just need to phone up and claim.
It takes forever to get going though so much pissing about.

Really isnt that helpful also
Quote by Baby Joel
Agreed.

TS, you should go to www.ultimate-lawyer.com

Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
They make a big deal of stating ALL the income you make.
Otherwise it screws with the systems and they may pay you more than you should be earning.
I don't know whether it's a criminal offence that goes recorded though.

Edit:
Quote by Greenie_777

It's pretty easy. It's also fairly easy to fraud.. should you want too. They're very helpful as well. Just keep doing the jobs they want you to apply for; and some can be "job points" which you can decide yes/no if you have sufficient reason.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Last edited by Silent Murder at Apr 19, 2011,
Quote by Silent Murder
They make a big deal of stating ALL the income you make.
Otherwise it screws with the systems and they may pay you more than you should be earning.
I don't know whether it's a criminal offence that goes recorded though.

I can understand but i made no income.
I guess it come off a more suspicious because i had no contact details on me or info about it.
Quote by smokeysteve22
I can understand but i made no income.
I guess it come off a more suspicious because i had no contact details on me or info about it.

I should have said any job paid/unpaid.
Sorry bout that.
They make you sign a doojamaflip every time you sign on and say them exact words.

They need to know eeeverything.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Last edited by Silent Murder at Apr 19, 2011,
'Always check with your benefits adviser before you start volunteering'

This is what i didnt do, Which is resulting me being accused of fraud.
Aren't you allowed to earn a certain amount of £ not exceeding x, and still get JSA? Assuming you declare/evidence it obviously. I swear I remember reading something like that in the random leaflets they always give you.
Get a full time job and stop stealing my money
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Adam124

You should think about writing for the Daily Mail. You'd fit right in.
Quote by National_Anthem
You should think about writing for the Daily Mail. You'd fit right in.

I was thinking more of the Sun or Daily star but thank you.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Adam124

Well thats the point? Im not a full doss bag who dont want to work. Its hard to turn down working paid and unpaid when all you do is sit on your arse on the dole.

Im going to sign off and move country..
I worked a weekend job whilst being on the dole. Granted it wasn't as much as everyone else got, but it was still something.
Quote by andyscoot
I worked a weekend job whilst being on the dole. Granted it wasn't as much as everyone else got, but it was still something.

Name someone who hasn't ha. (even myself on the odd occasion shhhh)

I just find it pathetic how i worked for no money but yet they accuse me for fraud.
Almost everyone i know who is on the dole, does no work whatsoever. I declared my work too
Quote by andyscoot
Almost everyone i know who is on the dole, does no work whatsoever. I declared my work too

Wow. Everyone I know does work on the dole.

Didnt you get into trouble? Why didnt you but I did?
Quote by Adam124

I'm sure he'll appreciate your $0.000000000000001
Don't spend it all in one store.
Quote by smokeysteve22
Wow. Everyone I know does work on the dole.

Didnt you get into trouble? Why didnt you but I did?

Because i declared it. You can do up to 16 hours a week and still claim it. You get less than someone who dosen't do those 16 hours though.
Quote by andyscoot
Because i declared it. You can do up to 16 hours a week and still claim it. You get less than someone who dosen't do those 16 hours though.

I see. Although i worked under 16 hours that week, I didnt declare it straight away.

I see.I see.I see.I see.I see.I see.I see.I see.I see.I see.I see.I see.I see.