Page 1 of 2
I got this idea from the guitar section, so I figured why leave us on the low end out of the fun.

So post pics of your most expensive modded or stock bass.

I'll start off with my 2008 MIM Fender P bass 318 bucks used.

Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.

The Ritter Royal Flora Aurum, as it’s called, has a body carved from a rare, solid piece of maple while the nut is carved from 10,000-year-old mammoth ivory. The fingerboard is decorated with a floral inlay pattern made of 24-karat gold. There’s even a black diamond set in platinum decorating each leaf. Even the bridge, tuner buttons and knobs are cast in gold. The knobs on this luxurious bass hold an additional embellishment—they’re both topped with brilliant-cut diamonds (3.3 carats total).
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
2009 Fender MIM Precision Bass. Cost me $500 new.

Hopefully I'll have a new neck on this sucker in a couple months.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Last edited by Tostitos at Apr 19, 2011,
My Marusczcyk Custom Frog 6. It's everything I need in a bass
1390 euro (1990 USD)
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
1978 rickenbacker 4001.. it's the only bass i've ever owned, hopefully the only bass i ever will own

I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
My most expensive (and currently only) bass I own is my Spector Rebop, got it half price at 600 and something pounds.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
You have an awesome girlfriend.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Just sold my P-bass, so currently the only bass I own in my American Standard Jazz Bass which I bought new for £1000. I'll have a Musicman Stingray to add to that within the next couple of weeks, once I find one that I like.

Most expensive electric bass? Stingray FL for 900USD

Upright, after initial price and "fixes". $2250.00

Last edited by anarkee at Apr 19, 2011,
Holy crap how much does that upright weigh man?
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Alot, which is why I have the weights in the closet...lol

Actually not that much. Its just bulky to move about.
I suppose it would be my Carvin Icon-6. It was about $1,700.00 a few years back. My Music Man Special Edition Stingray 5 w/ ebony fretboard would be a close second. That one was around $1,500.00.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Going by new values, probably my Fender JB75-US, coming in at something like $1250, but I only paid $900.

For what I've actually paid, my Lakland 55-64 which was $1100.

And the most expensive I've ever owned would be my old Spector Euro 5 which I bought for $2100 used.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
1991 Carvin Lb20 birdseye maple neck-thru and koa sides. Sperzel tuners and badass II bridge. Carvin retailed it at $899 back in 1991. It's worth about $500 now, and I payed $300 for her. My #1 guitar.

<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
Last edited by loinmute at Apr 19, 2011,
My 1966 Fender Jazz bass

I've heard it worth at least 8,000 but I don't know for sure. Looking to sell it if I can find a proper buyer. Then split the money between music(spector euro/new cab) and parts to fix my dads 69 vette.

I sound like a rich kid now
^ That's what my Jazz wishes it was.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
schecter stiletto custom 6 $600

there are more 6er's floating around than I would have thought.
no sir away a papaya war is on
I bought my GTX 50 for $200. Not sure how much its worth since its in great condition and possibly older than me...
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
My most expensive bass is my Ibanez K5 - love it! Got it for ~£500
My Human BaseX.

Cost like $1600 new. Got it for like $750 because I had cash.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Last edited by biga29 at Apr 20, 2011,
Quote by Spaz91

Picked up one of these today.

Nbd next week when I actually pay for it.

Edit: It was £700, second hand.

wha- but... QUIT BUYING AWESOME SHIT
no sir away a papaya war is on
My Sandberg Ken Taylor...should of been between £1200 and £1400...I payed £800 cuz I was buying a Trace Elliot at the same time and they love me in PMT...Im not gonna lie it looks knackered now after 2 years hard (ab)use...but it still sounds like liquid gold being sucked off by Evan Rachel Wood and then brought over the edge by Dita Von Teese...

Yes,Its been a while AND Marilyn Manson is a douche for tapping and leaving both of those ladies...
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
This is the bass that was the most expensive. 1974 Fender Tele bass that was destroyed in a bar fire. (we lost about $10,000 in equipment)

But currently it would be my 1981 G&L L10000. (the Blue One)

Last edited by rexherring at Apr 21, 2011,
My '84 Precision Elite II. It plays great and sounds even better! 11 years ago, I bought it online from a gospel music store in Atlanta for $750. Best $750 I've ever spent.
"Quick to judge. Quick to anger. Slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand-in-hand."
- Rush, "Witch Hunt"
Last edited by deeptubes at Apr 25, 2011,
Quote by Tostitos
2009 Fender MIM Precision Bass. Cost me $500 new.

Hopefully I'll have a new neck on this sucker in a couple months.

Did the bridge and pickups covers come with it? Where can I pick up a set if not?
Spread Hope Like Fire

Angels and Airwaves

Et Ducit Mundum Per Lucem
Quote by sstony
My one and only SR 400

Besides my Carvin LB20; those SR's are the absolute best playing bass ever to me. Like a glove.
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
Quote by jakesc8
Did the bridge and pickups covers come with it? Where can I pick up a set if not?

They don't come on the bass, but you can order them off musiciansfriend (where I got mine). They're like $15 or something apiece.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Last edited by Tostitos at Apr 22, 2011,

Westone Electra. $420 counting tax. It came with a hard shell
Fender Jass bass case,

It's an early active bass. That is what sold me.

Never even heard of an active bass,,,,

Bad thing is that I could have got a US Fender
for just a little more.

Oh well,,,,,,,,,,,

I would never sell it and it sounds better than
a Fender anyway,

Tabdog
Page 1 of 2