Page 1 of 2
<x> Today, in relation to graph

Scared? I am.

Seeing as this graph is essentially a representation of how much distrust exists for the U.S. dollar, I consider this pretty scary.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Eh, I'm indifferent. And ignorant, but mostly just indifferent.

Edit: That chart is 3 years old, I'd like to see a newer one.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Apr 19, 2011,
Looks like gold went down the last bit

edit: oh, in '08. Well... i'd buy gold too the way the US economy is heading.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Who was it that bought a bar of gold earlier?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
Where's silver at?

44.21. Still pretty low in relation to gold, historically

Quote by Kensai
Looks like gold went down the last bit

In all fairness, gold closed at 1493.60 today, but hit 1500.80 earlier.
-Jim Morrison
Last edited by SlinkyBlue at Apr 19, 2011,
I'd rather buy into a more useful commodity.
I can't help but think that one day people will realize that the only thing driving gold that high is the large number of people buying it (self fulfilling prophesy?) and it will then plummet.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Silver is still cooler than gold.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by justinb904
I'd rather buy into a more useful commodity.
I can't help but think that one day people will realize that the only thing driving gold that high is the large number of people buying it (self fulfilling prophesy?) and it will then plummet.

You shouldn't consider Gold like a stock. Gold is an investment people make because they want to have something that's accepted as currency and valuable when their country's currency is failing. Same as silver.

Yes, you can profit off of it a lot if you bought in the early 2000s, but those people aren't buying gold to make money. They're buying it because the dollar is collapsing.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by sashki
From 300 to 1500 in ten years. Crazy stuff. I wonder if other material costs have risen by similar amounts. I don't really follow this.

Have you considered that maybe gold has an intrinsic value that's relatively static, while the Dollar is the one that's dropping in value tremendously?
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Have you considered that maybe gold has an intrinsic value that's relatively static, while the Dollar is the one that's dropping in value tremendously?

This

There's

NEVER

enough

GAIN

Quote by SlinkyBlue
<x> Today, in relation to graph

Scared? I am.

Seeing as this graph is essentially a representation of how much distrust exists for the U.S. dollar, I consider this pretty scary.

Gold price is also linked to "reserve" levels and market demand. Also take into account that the Australian dollar has come from as low as 67 cents US in 2008 to currently be worth $1.05 US per Aussie dollar and we account for quite a sizeable chunk of the gold market.
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212
Good news for Canada

now why the **** is our gasoline so expensive when we sell 95% of it to the states
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
^Canada and US are best friends in the trade world. If one goes down the other goes down.

HOLY FUCK BUY BUY BUY
Last edited by Fat Lard at Apr 19, 2011,
Quote by SlinkyBlue

The funny thing about that is that my purchasing power hasn't really been affected, which is what really matters.
thats nothing average house price in vancouver is 1.2 mil.
I bet our federal reserve at fort Knox is behind this in someway.
THIS IS A PART OF MY SIG. IF YOU ARE READING THIS AS A PART OF MY POST YOU ARE DUMB BECAUSE LETS FACE IT THIS LOOKS NOTHING LIKE MY POST BECAUSE IT IS HUGE.
Quote by captaincrunk
The funny thing about that is that my purchasing power hasn't really been affected, which is what really matters.

Quote by captaincrunk

It will be, though. Consider the fact that the U.S. government subsidizes a great quantity of goods, including food, which is why prices haven't raised that much.

The inflation is being passed on to the national debt, that's why you still have your purchasing power. All it means is that, one day, breads going to shoot up to 10-15 dollars a loaf overnight instead of slowly increasing in price, like it should have been the past few years.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by Mr-Mufflers69
I bet our federal reserve at fort Knox is behind this in someway.

Dammit Goldfinger, why'd you have to go and irradiate all our gold.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by Fat Lard
^Canada and US are best friends in the trade world. If one goes down the other goes down.

HOLY FUCK BUY BUY BUY

The point is we should reserve 3% of our sales for ourselves, like saudi arabia does, so our own people live cheaper and we benefit with cheap gas at 50 cents a litre.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
The point is we should reserve 3% of our sales for ourselves, like saudi arabia does, so our own people live cheaper and we benefit with cheap gas at 50 cents a litre.

we dont deserve cheap gas with the amount of fuel we waste
I promise you, in twenty years, life is going to be exactly the same, exactly as boring, and everyone will be exactly as worried about the future. And even if that isn't true, and the sky does fall down, you don't really believe that it will now. If you did, you wouldn't be potting around on a message board to kill the precious time you have left. It's in the same sense that you secretly believe that you're going to live forever.

EDIT: lmao.
We're only strays.
Last edited by Martyr's Prayer at Apr 19, 2011,
Quote by voleurz
we dont deserve cheap gas with the amount of fuel we waste

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
1500/boob?

That's insane.

Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I promise you, in twenty years, life is going to be exactly the same, exactly as boring, and everyone will be exactly as worried about the future. And even if that isn't true, and the sky does fall down, you don't really believe that it will now. If you did, you wouldn't be potting around on a message board to kill the precious time you have left. It's in the same sense that you secretly believe that you're going to live forever.

lol at /boob. I love the mods.

Anyway, no, I really do believe that the dollar will collapse, and I'm prepared to leave school and go back to my family's property out in the country when it does.

People like you always assume that nothing is going to change. Things are changing all around us. The entire middle east, a good portion of Europe, Greece, England is pretty screwed right now too...

Why can't it happen to us, go on. With something of substance, other than "we'll have boring lives 20 years from now"
-Jim Morrison
Quote by genghisgandhi
And what does that entail? Another depression?

pretty well,

it means anything imported will be exceptionally expensive because hte dollar is worth so little compared to the other currencies.

Because everything will far more expensive, jobs will be lost as companies are also losing money,

since jobs are lost people wont be buying as much, also causing a greater recession as even more money isnt being spent.

which can cause a very severe depression.

/wrote my econ exam today wooooohooo

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Apr 20, 2011,
Quote by Martyr's Prayer

This x 100000. Not gonna happen. Considering how much money we have invested in other countries and other countries in us, the dollar won't just straight tank. Economies are interdependent. If we go down, we're going to be taking half of the world with us.
Hell, I'd invest in boob.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by SlinkyBlue
lol at /boob. I love the mods.

Anyway, no, I really do believe that the dollar will collapse, and I'm prepared to leave school and go back to my family's property out in the country when it does.

People like you always assume that nothing is going to change. Things are changing all around us. The entire middle east, a good portion of Europe, Greece, England is pretty screwed right now too...

Why can't it happen to us, go on. With something of substance, other than "we'll have boring lives 20 years from now"

I never said it can't happen to us. And no, I won't go on, I'll just let the next twenty years speak for themselves - just like these past twenty years, after what all the doomsayers said about them.
We're only strays.
Last edited by Martyr's Prayer at Apr 20, 2011,
Quote by JimmyBanks6
pretty well,

it means anything imported will be exceptionally expensive because hte dollar is worth so little compared to the other currencies.

Because everything will far more expensive, jobs will be lost as companies are also losing money,

since jobs are lost people wont be buying as much, also causing a greater recession as even more money isnt being spent.

which can cause a very severe depression.

/wrote my econ exam today wooooohooo

But at least we will have another "rich" period when America starts building factories and we finally have to make stuff for ourselves again. We jump start our economy and then go back to just enjoying everything and being fat.
THIS IS A PART OF MY SIG. IF YOU ARE READING THIS AS A PART OF MY POST YOU ARE DUMB BECAUSE LETS FACE IT THIS LOOKS NOTHING LIKE MY POST BECAUSE IT IS HUGE.
Is there something I missed? Is there a reason why just about every thread has the word boob in it, or some reference to boob?
As death, when we come to consider it, is the true goal of our existence, I have formed during the last few years such close relations with this best and truest friend of mankind, that his image is not only no longer terrifying to me, but just is.
Quote by Justified Death
Is there something I missed? Is there a reason why just about every thread has the word boob in it, or some reference to boob?

dem titties 'r expensive nowadays
Go Veg.
Page 1 of 2