Enough people cared to report my last thread, so let's hear your opinions and why suicide is a dirty word.
Quote by laid-to-waste
If you're serious seek help, if not, seek help.

This.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by laid-to-waste
If you're serious seek help, if not, seek help.

Option C - Laugh at people who take shit too seriously in the pit.
Suicide really doesn't seem like something that should be played around with...unless you just want attention.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by BrickIsRed
Option C - Laugh at people who take shit too seriously in the pit.

I've got a sense of humour. You, on the other hand, may as well go to the nearest hospital's emergency room and laugh at anybody that looks like they don't want to live anymore.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Dude. You don't mirror your own thread.

Good luck with your warning/ban.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by bradulator
Suicide really doesn't seem like something that should be played around with...unless you just want attention.

My point is, you shouldn't tell people what they can or can't say on the internet.
Censorship of valid discussions is for morons.
Quote by BrickIsRed
My point is, you shouldn't tell people what they can or can't say on the internet.

I respect things that deserve respect. This thread is just about as respectful as a pig rolling in his own shit.
Quote by BrickIsRed

Discussions?
Suicide is not cool, and a sensitive issue. If you are contemplating it, get help. If not...then...whatever. You haven't opened a lot of doors for us to discuss anything valid here.
Quote by BrickIsRed

Think of it this way: somebody depressed comes on and doesn't know that you're joking, joins the suicide club, and kills themselves because they have a confirmation of their thoughts. I feel like such a thing has happened before, not under the same circumstances, but y'know.

there's a difference between censorship and protection from a lawsuit perhaps?
Quote by SkepsisMetal
Discussions?
Suicide is not cool, and a sensitive issue. If you are contemplating it, get help. If not...then...whatever. You haven't opened a lot of doors for us to discuss anything valid here.

I'm wondering why people are afraid to explore what makes it a sensitive issue? I believe everything is up for discussion. You can't simply brand something as taboo, never to be discussed.

Quote by bradulator
Think of it this way: somebody depressed comes on and doesn't know that you're joking, joins the suicide club, and kills themselves because they have a confirmation of their thoughts. I feel like such a thing has happened before, not under the same circumstances, but y'know.

there's a difference between censorship and protection from a lawsuit perhaps?

If someone can be influenced to commit suicide over two sentences of text on the internet, they probably didn't need much encouragement in the first place.
Last edited by BrickIsRed at Apr 19, 2011,
You have the right to say whatever you want where ever you want. But UG reserves the right to delete what you say.

Besides, there is a time and place for everything. For example, some may argue against gay marriage. This is acceptable. But I wouldn't do it in a bar in San Fransisco. There are safer places for such discussions.
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.
-Jim Morrison
Last edited by theboots at Apr 19, 2011,
Quote by BrickIsRed
I'm wondering why people are afraid to explore what makes it a sensitive issue? I believe everything is up for discussion. You can't simply brand something as taboo, never to be discussed.

Seriously? It's because it involves death and depression, two things that suck in life, why the hell would you want to discuss/make jokes of that? I think I can quite safely conclude nobody close to you has ever committed, as it's a horrific experience.
Quote by laid-to-waste
Seriously? It's because it involves death and depression, two things that suck in life, why the hell would you want to discuss/make jokes of that? I think I can quite safely conclude nobody close to you has ever committed, as it's a horrific experience.

People die all the time. Even videogames are based on it. Why should suicide in particular be any different?
This is not a proper website to discuss something so serious and tragic as suicide. This issue is best left to professionals trained to give meaningful advice and opinions, along with options for help.

I am very displeased with you TS.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by BrickIsRed

It's the other way around. They're not afraid per se, but they don't want to discuss something which is a sensitive issue. There are plenty of places where this sort of discussion isn't taboo I'm sure, but a lot of people are and have been affected by suicide...so it's not something you just bring up into general discussion.

If someone can be influenced to commit suicide over two sentences of text on the internet, they probably didn't need much encouragement in the first place.

That's the thing though, when you're that close to the act you don't need much encouragement. Which is why you don't just throw around these sorts of misplaced "humorous" discussions. They need serious, legitimate help, not someone cracking a joke to make them feel better. It's not like they lost their phone and need to smile.
They probably lost a big part of their life, and need to fill that void, before they destroy the rest of it.
Last edited by SkepsisMetal at Apr 19, 2011,
Okay, let's say a guy walks into a bar, shoots several people and skull****s 3 of them. Chances are, sooner or later, someone is going to discuss it, and not necessarily as a sensitive subject. Many might even find it hilarious.

Suicide on the other hand...
Its sad that if, after having lost a few family members and 2 of my closest friends to suicide, I expressed my true feelings on the subject I would probably be banned...
"I can see that we speak the wrong notes."

Warlock NJ Deluxe (haters gonna hate)
Crate EL-10G
The problem isn't joking about suicide, at least not in my opinion. It's the way you've gone about it. There have been many threads discussing suicide on UG, but the tone was different than this/these threads. Talking suicide isn't the problem, joking about it in the way that you are is.
Quote by BrickIsRed
People die all the time. Even videogames are based on it. Why should suicide in particular be any different?

Since when was any death an emotionless topic? Video games are pixels on a screen which has programmed to be predictable, life is full of randomness and chaos, which is clearly an inappropriate analogy.

Quote by BrickIsRed
Okay, let's say a guy walks into a bar, shoots several people and skull****s 3 of them. Chances are, sooner or later, someone is going to discuss it, and not necessarily as a sensitive subject. Many might even find it hilarious.

Suicide is a very dark ultimate way of saying 'I hated everything about my life, I was miserable and I wanted to die'. This is particularly traumatic if the person didn't show any outward signs of depression, because then people would blame each other for not picking up on it.
Last edited by laid-to-waste at Apr 19, 2011,
Very disrespectful of you TS.
"I have good eye-sight, insight, and foresight. How could an
intelligent hare make such a silly mistake?"
Quote by laid-to-waste
Since when was any death an emotionless topic? Video games are pixels on a screen which has programmed to be predictable, life is full of randomness and chaos, which is clearly an appropriate analogy.

When you reach my age, it is. I know quite a few dead people.
I believe it's healthier out in the open than as a hushed topic.
Last edited by BrickIsRed at Apr 19, 2011,
Quote by BrickIsRed
Okay, let's say a guy walks into a bar, shoots several people and skull****s 3 of them. Chances are, sooner or later, someone is going to discuss it, and not necessarily as a sensitive subject. Sociopaths might even find it hilarious.

Fixed... yeah you need help
call the suicide hotline its kinda fun
been there, done that. NOT,NOT... respectively
Quote by BrickIsRed
When you reach my age, it is. I know a lot of dead people.
I believe it's better to be out in the open.

Except what you've done here is far from a group therapy session, it's an insult.
Quote by laid-to-waste

Suicide is a very dark ultimate way of saying 'I hated everything about my life, I was miserable and I wanted to die'.

this is not entirely true man.
"I can see that we speak the wrong notes."

Warlock NJ Deluxe (haters gonna hate)
Crate EL-10G
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by satanicgurrl
this is not entirely true man.

Fair point, I guess a lot of people had different motives for suicide. I guess I was using an anecdote to write what I thought.