No.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
I won't stay in a band if everything sucks except the music. I love playing in a band that all works together neatly even if I absolutely hate the music being played.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
well, id try to change things around at first, but if i really dont like any aspect of the band besides the sound, yeah id definitely go. Besides, im the virtuoso guitarist, the composer, arranger, and kinda sing a little too, so go to hell rest of the band, change ur attitute or im outta here
been there, done that. NOT,NOT... respectively
the problem with the band is the constant shit talking, no one is ever upfront about anything except me.

its literally a ****ing soap opera

I left my old band because the music sucked, even though hanging out with them was fun as hell. it'll be ironic if i leave this one for the opposite reason.
personally I would rather jam in a band with music I don't like but everything else was cool than to play in a band I don't like playing music I do.

I mean obviously enjoying the music would be prefeered to not likeing the music but if you can't get along with everyone and they aren't responsible and if they act like 12yo girls then I would rather play with anyone that doesn't act that way.
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
In my experience the music of a band usually suffers if the band members don't get along with each other.

I think this is one of the reasons I like to keep my bandmates at arms length from me generally. Sure I joke around and stuff with them, but in terms of candlelight dinners and such, it's not for me. I only really need to like them on a superficial level in order to create music with them.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by chris4355
you really like the music, but hate every other aspect of the band

I won't work with anyone who brings negativity to the table because they don't positively affect what I'm doing as a musician.

I want to create good music because I think good music is positive energy. All negativity corrupts and I don't want negativity in my life at all. I don't want the music I write to have any negative influences. I'll jam with anyone, that's how I meet musicians and get projects started, but that's when things get too personal and the fate of a project depends on the right attitude of its participants.

I've had a few regular gigs but the reason that I don't continue any of them now is because of negative influences. Girlfriends, drugs, drinking, personal problems.. etc.

I believe that if your heart is pure, then your work will be pure. I don't write music for shallow reasons like financial gain or popularity and I don't depend on my music to pay my bills. Writing music should not be hard for me.
A callous exterior isn't an uncommon way of protecting ideals; it hides the idealists from the derision of fools and cowards. But it also immobilizes them, so that, in trying to preserve their ideals, they risk losing them.
Last edited by Attenuare at Apr 26, 2011,
Quote by chris4355
the problem with the band is the constant shit talking, no one is ever upfront about anything except me.

its literally a ****ing soap opera

I left my old band because the music sucked, even though hanging out with them was fun as hell. it'll be ironic if i leave this one for the opposite reason.

No... Definately won't work because of that. IMO, leave and find a better one. One that you agree with... Ask your friends if they want to start a band! One of my friends have a band and invited me. If I accept and stay depends on the people and the atmosphere of the jam sessions.
If you guys can tolerate each other I would stay. I don't particularly like everyone in my band, and I only talk to them during practice or with something pertaining to the band affairs. Only time we've ever all been together or any of us together with another bandmate is when it has something to do about the band. We're not best friends and I think that's a good thing. These are people to work with, just like any other job, your going to find people that talk sh*t or aren't quite upfront about their feelings in any situation in life, this is no different.

As long as everyone is working towards a common goal, the betterment of the band, then there should be no problem. No matter what your personal feelings are towards the other members. I don't believe there is a "perfect band" for anyone, there is always going to be some issue about something and somebody is going to have to sack up and get over it.

As long as you can enjoy yourself and none of the happenings actually take a toll on the band itself, stay.