I own a Stratacoustic electroacoustic guitar and a Bugera V5 tube amp, pretty good pieces of gear and i love them both... but right now i have a cheap electric guitar that doesnt work pretty well...
my question... how can i get for my electroacoustic to sound a little more electric when running it through the V5? will a soundhole pickup work? maybe an overdrive pedal?
suggestions...

Quote by static_music34
your guitar doesn't exist, apparently

good one...
:Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1
Fender Stratacoustic
Bugera Vintage 5
With a sound hole pickup you can run it through your amp. However it has been my experience that acoustic-electrics don't sound the best through electric guitar amps, especially if you're using a lot of gain.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
First thing I thought of was this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV_w_B-xg2Y

However, I'm pretty sure this is a blended signal or something else like that. The only time I've really heard an acoustic being used to sound electric is on stuff like the Scott Pilgrim soundtrack, where the sound they're going for is muddy grungy fuzzy nasty. Beyond that, I'd say either sell amp+electric and get a good acoustic, or sell the acoustic for good electric guitar.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
when you said "those" you refer to the stratacoustic or to the electro acoustics in general?

Quote by static_music34

good one...
Ibanez RG2EX1
Fender Stratacoustic
Bugera Vintage 5
Who are you reffering to? Neither of us used the word "those."
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Quote by souperman08
First thing I thought of was this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV_w_B-xg2Y

However, I'm pretty sure this is a blended signal or something else like that. The only time I've really heard an acoustic being used to sound electric is on stuff like the Scott Pilgrim soundtrack, where the sound they're going for is muddy grungy fuzzy nasty. Beyond that, I'd say either sell amp+electric and get a good acoustic, or sell the acoustic for good electric guitar.

Love the sound of that song *-* what do you mean by blended signal though?
and may hells rain on me for this comment... but i actually like that muddy-fuzzy-nasty(?) sound... personal taste i guess

Quote by static_music34

good one...
Ibanez RG2EX1
Fender Stratacoustic
Bugera Vintage 5
Quote by Major Sparky
Who are you reffering to? Neither of us used the word "those."

my bad, i misread something... i just woke up not such a long ago ._.

Quote by static_music34

good one...
Ibanez RG2EX1
Fender Stratacoustic
Bugera Vintage 5
If you do really want that sound, yeah, an acoustic will sound grungy and "bad"/"good". However, you'll have a horrible time dealing with feedback, and you'll essentially have one electric sound (Which, while awesome, I'm sure you'll get sick of pretty quickly). I'd recommended better electric guitar+fuzz pedal.

And by blended sound, I mean I believe it's either an acoustic and fuzzy electric being played at the same time (by 2 different people), or the same guitar with the signal being split to a clean amp and a fuzz amp at the same time.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo