Basically, I may need to purchase a solid state amp for jamming with a drummer. I have several very tiny battery powered solid state amps, then a few 5 watt tube amps. I was looking at a few solid state amps that I like, but they are all 30 - 35 watts...is that enough to play with a drummer? Sorry, I just have no clue when it comes to solid state amps. The ones I'm looking at have single 10" or 12" speakers.
budget? styles? bedroom/jamming/gigging? why ss? where are you located?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Yes, 30 watts will get you heard over a drummer, however you're amp my start to distort by then, and that's not good. Soooo....

Genres?
New/Used?
Budget?
Closests Major City?
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Yes, I suggest the Roland Cube 30 watt if you're on a strict budget. It has some amp modeling, but is much better than spiders or any other crap
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
I'm sorry, I'm not asking for help picking an amplifier out, I'm just asking if 30 watts - 35 watts is enough to jam with a drummer. The reason I'm going with a solid state is because I'm saving up for a tube amp now that I want that hasn't hit the market yet, and I'm just trying to get by cheap with a solid state until the tube amp I'm waiting for hits the market and I'm able to buy it. I'm trying to stay at the price range I can find at 30 - 35 watts solid state because that means I will be redirecting as little as possible of my new tube amp fund into something else.

I will be jamming at home with my existing equipment, and the solid state I purchase may very well end up sitting at the drummer's house, used only when jamming with him. Jamming with this drummer on a very eclectic collection of songs...not really any standard genre, etc.
Quote by JAHellraiser
Yes, I suggest the Roland Cube 30 watt if you're on a strict budget. It has some amp modeling, but is much better than spiders or any other crap

To be honest, I'll probably go with the Orange Crush 35 watt version, just because they are the best sounding solid state amps I've encountered in a long time. I really wish it came with a 12" speaker instead of a 10", though.
if he's a hard hitter probably not.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch