i recently bought an 80`s model charvel avenger. its has the twin single coil at the bridge and the single single coil at the neck. it looks cool but sounds like shat. i play a lot of 80`s and 90`s metal, from judas priest, to metallica. mostly rhythm, i want drop the pup thats going to give me the best 80`s -90`s metal sound. into the bridge position. ive never played a guitar with active pups cept at gc, with 5 other people wailing away at 11, every time i try to get a feel for them (actives.). i read the archives and im down to emg 81, dimebucker, black out, and the dimarzzio evolution pup. what would u pick out of those choices, and why. any other suggestions will noted, thanx duck. ps pix as soon as i can trans fer from i phone to here. thanx n advance
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
If you are willing to shell out the cash for EMGs, go passive and get a Bare Knuckles Holy Diver. I was looking for the exact same tone, and when I put it in my guitar, I about creamed it sounded so perfect.

So yeah, Bare Knuckles Holy Diver. Do it.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Look at the Seymour Duncan SH-4 it was used buy alot of guys in the 80's and are still used buy many today. I personaly don't like actives just because the dynamics of the sound is compressed. But they are great if your into that Numetal stuff.
i second that seymour duncan SH-4, als know as the JB model.

i've got it in both my gibson les paul standard aswell as my charvel san dimas style 1.
works fine with me.

otherwise i've heard nothing but good about that bareknuckle and the seymour blackouts too. never tried them but people tend to love them.
Not a big fan of the JB but I'd agree it's a good fit here...also look at the Dimarzio Super Distortion, Dimarzio Breed and the Duncan Custom Custom.

Oh yeah, and ignore everything you have in your original list
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Not a big fan of the JB but I'd agree it's a good fit here...also look at the Dimarzio Super Distortion, Dimarzio Breed and the Duncan Custom Custom.

Oh yeah, and ignore everything you have in your original list

Ps. The guitar will indeed sound shit if you have a shit amp, and if that's the case pickups won't make much of a difference. If you have a shit amp don't waste your money on pickups, buy a new amp instead.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Ive got Seymour Duncan Blackouts in a Schecter Blackjack. They are fantastic. Its a 7 string but the lows and highs are really tight.
Dimarzio ToneZone and Seymour-Duncan JB are solid choices for a bridge-position humbucker. The JB is trebly, and has a lot of character and bite while the Tone Zone is a lot more smooth - at least compared to the JB. I currently have full sized JB's in 2 of my guitars (Charvel San Dimas and Jackson RR5) and a JB Jr in my Strat.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
thanx for all your suggestions. my schecter has seymore duncans, the jb at the bridge i do belive. and it can really get that 80`s metal, hard rock tone. i was looking to create a monster with the charvel. but i may just go with the jb or black out. i was going to go a head and install a lfr 580 too, but then i thought naaaa i dont really use it that much.
any way, thanx 4 posting
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab