looking for a tube amp for blues and metal preferably low wattage. im upgrading from a 75w vypyr someone said was awesome which is just to much for me. a friend has a blues jr and it sounds great except i play blues and metal so would it be fine to just pedal up the blues jr. or some other tube amp. im also a poor college student so price is a factor otherwise id just get two amps.
you can throw a pedal or two in front of the Blues Jr. and you'd get a tolerable metal tone.
guitars:
Martin DCX1E
Fender 72' Telecaster Deluxe
Quote by moses132049
vox night train

+1. I played a Night Train at Guitar Center the other day and it was absolutely mind-blowing.

Pro tip: You can't really vary the gain on a Night Train, so to get your clean sounds you turn the volume knob down. It's really responsive to that. That's how it's designed to work.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Keep your Vypyr.

It will be better suited to playing blues to metal at bedroom friendly volumes than any small gimmicky tube amp.

It would also allow you to play with other people and gigs without much hassle, unlike a low wattage tube amp.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
fender deluxe will give a decent blues sound and a pretty good metal sound with a pedal
Quote by jumpthewhale
you can throw a pedal or two in front of the Blues Jr. and you'd get a tolerable metal tone.

+1

I just bought a BOSS MT-2, and it sounds good with my BJ. I can also get a good Metallica tone or Satriani tone with it, and either the mt-2 or a md-2, along with my ibanez.
Listen to Tom. Save your money and keep the Vyper for now.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Tom's a douche. Don't listen to a word he says.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I agree with keeping the vypyr. Depending on the metal you're into, a Blues Junior is either not going to do it, or definitely won't do it.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
+1 on keeping the vyper thier decent amps espacily for metal. Plus keepin the vyper fits the broke college kid budget pretty damn well
-Peavey 6505+
-Bugera 333xl(w/6l6 pt's) -dead
-412 X-pattern loaded w/ WGS veteran30s & HM75s
-Gibson Les Paul, SD Blackouts *being worked on back to stock*
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
the only thing that would do blues really well and metal pretty decent (suprisingly) would be an Egnater Renegade. the metal takes a boost and a little bit of mojo, but you can get there. i had a renegade for quite a while, it was a great amp.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/