This is sort of a reverse situation to the hypothetical in the 'rape' thread, I'm just genuinely curious what you guys have to say. Let's say your son rapes some girl, it isn't violent but there's not really much of a grey area, he definitely committed the act. A few days later 3 of the girl's friends break into his house and beat him to death slowly with baseball bats. How would you react?

What if they video taped it and posted it online as a "warning to all you sick ****s out there"?
Press charges.

Edit: And obviously, mourn the death of my son. Because he would always be my son no matter what.
I'd have beaten them to it and the little cunt would be a in a police cell.

Though I hope to be a decent parent and that this would only every happen in hypothetical land.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
So much WHAT THE **** going on here...
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
Quote by Tom 1.0
I'd have beaten them to it and the little cunt would be a in a police cell.

Though I hope to be a decent parent and that this would only every happen in hypothetical land.

ya rly

In the particular, ridiculous hypothetical you posited TC, I'd be pressing some charges on the twats who broke into my house and killed him. Yes, what he did was wrong and appropriate measures needed to be taken. Doesn't change the fact that a bunch of little vigilante justice wannabes broke into my hypothetical house and killed my hypothetical son.
Quote by cornmancer
Even if he did such a vile thing, I'd mourn him and press charges. One bad act doesn't damn you. It just lowers you.

Quote by Meelad360
Press charges.

Edit: And obviously, mourn the death of my son. Because he would always be my son no matter what.

This.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I'll say the same thing I said in that thread.

hypothetical answer: I'd let the police deal with it.

realistic answer: I don't know how I'd react. I could disown him for raping someone and not give a shit. I might hunt the killers down individually. I can't possibly predict what'd happen.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I'd beat her friends to it. I'd beat the living hell out of him.
Gear
Yamaha PSR-E413 Keyboard
Roland AX-09 Lucina Shoulder Synth/Keytar
Roland KC-350 Keyboard Mixing Amp
Roland CM-30 Portable Keyboard Amp
You guys, a rapist is a vile person. Just because he is the product of your semen doesn't give him a free pass. It's not like "well, he's my son, guess I'll forgive him." If he ****ing rapes someone, he is a scumbag piece of shit cretin that deserves no forgiveness.
sometimes people deserve to be killed

dont be too caught up in our laws, we're still animals in nature
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
It shows how far UG has fallen when I can honestly say:-

'Take it to the rape thread'

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1433814

100% this!

what has happened with the pit? I mean I know we are a bunch of idiots that have no life but I never thaught it would get so low
Quote by boreamor
Nope because I'm not a dick.
Quote by spanish lovin
then did you just call yourself a PUSSY???

^This = Win
Quote by shadow_murph
100% this!

what has happened with the pit? I mean I know we are a bunch of idiots that have no life but I never thaught it would get so low
Discussing ethical dilemmas/hypotheticals is low?

It's not like we're sitting around making fun of rape victims.
Quote by due 07
False. My son would not rape somebody.

How can you be so ignorant? Your child isn't you. Your child is a completely separate human being. You do not know what they would do, because you are not them. I'm sure my family thinks I would never try any type of recreational drug. That doesn't mean I won't. Just because I'm their family doesn't mean that I am the same person as my parents.

Quote by due 07
You guys, a rapist is a vile person. Just because he is the product of your semen doesn't give him a free pass. It's not like "well, he's my son, guess I'll forgive him." If he ****ing rapes someone, he is a scumbag piece of shit cretin that deserves no forgiveness.

Rape can be a very grey area though.

Some cases of consented sex can be classed as more rapey than actual rape cases.

The people who hunt women down and rape them on the streets, 100% agree, but i'd say 90% of rape cases have a massive element of doubt about them.
I'd have already gone into hiding from the shame, cutting myself off from human contact and thus would never learn of my son's death.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Rape=\= death sentence. Rape is a terrible thing, but death is something different entirely.
I'd be ashamed, but he's my (hypothetical) son and I would always stand by him no matter what. If some vigilante shitbags tried to hurt or kill him, I would hunt down said vigilantes and kill them. Cycle of violence, I know, but what father would I be if I didn't stand up for me family?
Quote by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.
Luckily I have experience with this subject. I brutally raped the killers and then gave them a taste of their own medicine and killed them whilst making it look like a mass suicide.
you're a stone fox
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
How can you be so ignorant? Your child isn't you. Your child is a completely separate human being. You do not know what they would do, because you are not them. I'm sure my family thinks I would never try any type of recreational drug. That doesn't mean I won't. Just because I'm their family doesn't mean that I am the same person as my parents.

So many things wrong with this post. First, the thing you quoted... I obviously do not think that no matter what, my son won't rape someone. Second, are you really comparing recreational drug use to rape. Seriously? I don't even know what to say to that. If my kid eats psych mushrooms, I'll say "well, just read about it and make sure you know what you are getting yourself into." If he rapes someone, he is no longer my son.