So I'm in the market for a new amp And I want something with a British tone And I found these on Craigslist. The Marshall is the AVT150H with the cabinet for 400 and the peavey Windsor is just the head for 225. I've done quite a bit of research on both and I still can't decide. Both sellers are quite a distance away in seperate directions so it will be very hard to go try out both, so I guess what I'm asking is which one do you guys think would be for my money, if it helps I'm going for a very heavy sound ranging from early Metallica to hatebreed
The windsor will sound better. But really if you're going to go that heavy, than I wouldn't be looking at either of those amps.

Budget?
New/used?
Genres?
Gigging?
Closest major city?
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
go with the Peavey it has a very convincing JCM tone, I'm sorry but the AVT series is not a great amp, no matter who trys to tell you diffrent.
I had an avt50 a while ago And it sounded Pretty good until I tried to get it louder then it just sounded baaadd, so I was hoping for some honest feedback to see of the 150 was any better, thanks
thinking of getting the peavey windsor, does it get good black sabbath tone or plain classic metal tones?
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
Would the peavey be able to get up into That area of heaviness with a bad monkey and a 10 band eq?
Quote by Jarrodthebobo
thinking of getting the peavey windsor, does it get good black sabbath tone or plain classic metal tones?

It'd get a good sabbath tone. It really shines in the AC/DC territory.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Quote by kaosxrocker
It'd get a good sabbath tone. It really shines in the AC/DC territory.

okay kewl. only good sound amp i can think of in my price range.
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
windsor
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Did some searching on craigslist last night and found a jcm 2000 tsl for 550. Happy new amp day?