Okay, this might sound like the most trivial and foolish question ever asked, but if one has access to saws, drills, sandpaper, and guitar hardware, how difficult is it to carve a guitar body, mainly the screws for the neck, and the pockets for electronics? Also, how difficult is it to solder up all your electronics? I'm asking since I plan to do a build this summer, and being a novice, I wanted to ask.
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Vox Night Train 15W
An ever-morphing BOSS and MXR loaded pedalboard

"I eats more chicken any man ever seen!"
-Howlin' Wolf
I'm pretty sure you'll need a lot more than saws, drills and sandpaper to make a good body. Electronics are easy to solder up and you can find diagrams for them online, that's how I'm doing mine. I'd say find a pre-made body not try and make your own.
soldering is easy, but for the pockets in the body you will likely need a router.

I was thinking about doing that, but its a big time commitment in sanding and cutting, so I bought an unfinished body from GFS for 50 bucks. Much easier
Quote by Bluesblitz
Okay, this might sound like the most trivial and foolish question ever asked, but if one has access to saws, drills, sandpaper, and guitar hardware, how difficult is it to carve a guitar body, mainly the screws for the neck, and the pockets for electronics? Also, how difficult is it to solder up all your electronics? I'm asking since I plan to do a build this summer, and being a novice, I wanted to ask.

Depends what you mean by difficult... do you have any other woodworking skill or is this all brand new to you? If you have some experience, its just another piece of wood... not that big of a deal. If not, well, go slow, measure everything multiple times, and pay attention. Nothing is difficult unless you are a retarded blind monkey or something. Even then I'm sure you can whittle out something that makes noise.