So I sent a package to california containing 2 guitars. I sent it from colorado where I'm stationed so when I'm here in cali on leave I can play them and whatnot....turns out the beezy at the UPS store forgot to write the apt number on the package, so now I have to drive 45 minutes away to pick the package up...granted its a mistake. But the apt has a trailer outside with my last name in huge green letters.

Sorry, just venting, 5.00 gas prices will do this to you.

Anyone else hate dealing with parcel services in general?
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
I once ordered shoes at like 730 PM one night. They came in the next day by UPS.
Quote by BreeBreeMiikey
So I sent a package to california containing 2 guitars. I sent it from colorado where I'm stationed so when I'm here in cali on leave I can play them and whatnot....turns out the beezy at the UPS store forgot to write the apt number on the package, so now I have to drive 45 minutes away to pick the package up...granted its a mistake. But the apt has a trailer outside with my last name in huge green letters.

Sorry, just venting, 5.00 gas prices will do this to you.

Anyone else hate dealing with parcel services in general?

Why did you put a British flag on this thread?

And I just ordered a longboard from the east coast, should be here Monday.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Why did you put a British flag on this thread?

And I just ordered a longboard from the east coast, should be here Monday.

It was the Brit's fault, that's why.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
I blame my touchscreen phone...haha, just ordered a new guitar, hopefully we see better results.

I rarely have problems, but it seems that when I do its a pain in the ass to correct.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
I mean, at the end of the day, they're just humans doing their jobs. Yeah it's annoying and an inconvenience, but how many packages do they deal with in a day? It would be pretty easy to overlook something like that, especially when most packages don't have an APT # and you are on autopilot. And about the thing with having your last name on the door. Some people have the same last name, I'm certainly not the only Evans in the world, and I'm sure there's some kind of company policy about delivering to an apartment without an Apartment #, would you rather have him risk delivering it to the wrong person and you lose your guitars altogether or having to drive and pick them up?
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
I ordered something off a website througha friend, a lazy friend. It was shipped through USPS. It never arrived. Months later, we called (because he's so lazy) and they sent another, and it never came. Not sure who to blame. It's not under my name nor did it come to my address, so I can't personally do much about it and my friend is unreliable. I'm out $50
Quote by tayroar
I mean, at the end of the day, they're just humans doing their jobs. Yeah it's annoying and an inconvenience, but how many packages do they deal with in a day? It would be pretty easy to overlook something like that, especially when most packages don't have an APT # and you are on autopilot. And about the thing with having your last name on the door. Some people have the same last name, I'm certainly not the only Evans in the world, and I'm sure there's some kind of company policy about delivering to an apartment without an Apartment #, would you rather have him risk delivering it to the wrong person and you lose your guitars altogether or having to drive and pick them up?

I agree with you, but they refused to try and deliver the package after I corrected the address over the phone for them?
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
i ordered a SNES controller from china

mfw it arrived 2 days later

You have no face?

My condolences go out to you
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
i ordered a SNES controller from china

mfw it arrived 2 days later

You frowned and your face blinked rapidly?
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by BreeBreeMiikey
I agree with you, but they refused to try and deliver the package after I corrected the address over the phone for them?

Yeah they only do 1 attempt. Even if you correct it, you still have to pick it up, or have it returned to the sender.
Yeah, UPS messed up 1 of my orders, I even made a thread about it.

Contacted MF and they sent me another pedal.

:3

Also, one of their items were backordered for a few days. The stuff I order from them usually takes 3 or so days.

That backordered item was here the next day.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Ive never had any shipping problems and I bought 2 of my guitars off amazon.
you're a stone fox
I ordered a calc textbook online for this semester and they lost it somewhere in transit and nobody decided it might be a good idea to tell me. I did end up getting another for free with next day delivery a week into classes. About 2 months later I got the original one in the mail that got lost.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by TriviumisEpic
Yeah they only do 1 attempt. Even if you correct it, you still have to pick it up, or have it returned to the sender.

I am the sender, I had it sent home so I didn't have to put it in military storage for a year while I'm deployed :/...I know how us military personell handle sensitive items, and I cringe at my guitars bein treated like that haha.

Good news called back and talked to a different rep, they are going tto resend it to the correct adress tomorrow...got my way, I'm happy lol.

5 bucks a gallon is expensive considering it'll sky rocket in the summer...
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
And I'm pretty sure UPS does 3 attempts before they send back to sender?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
InB4 "Boob rant"
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by BreeBreeMiikey
I am the sender, I had it sent home so I didn't have to put it in military storage for a year while I'm deployed :/...I know how us military personell handle sensitive items, and I cringe at my guitars bein treated like that haha.

I would think a fellow serviceman would handle your items with more care than what UPS might.

I worked at the busiest ground pickup HUB in the US which processed as much as 200 thousand packages on an average Monday and from experience I can tell you that you would likely cringe several times over the course of transit as to how your guitars might have been handled. That is unless you paid the extra money to have them personally handled the entire time instead of on conveyor belts and such.

Even if the boxes are marked this side up, dont stack, top load only, etc., not much attention is paid to this.