Page 4 of 25
I've been thinking of an awesome idea for a while now. I know it's possible, it will just take a while. I've read that some people make music in their lucid dreams, whether it be a nice song on guitar, or the violin. I want to create a whole song, part by part, in my lucid dreams. Guitar and bass. People use their sub-conscious to do amazing things while dreaming, and i would like to create an amazing piece of music in my dreams. I want to sit down on the grass underneath crystal clear night sky, or sit on to of a mountain.. imagine my guitar in my hands, and just let loose. When i wake up, i'll quickly put what i played into guitar pro. I'll keep doing that until i eventually have a full song. It wont be any ordinary song. It will be a trippy, wonderful song that i have created in my dreams, and it will mean more than anything to me.

Quote by guitarocker100
Just curious, to those on the thread that are frequent lucid dreamers, how often do you have one? Is it possible to get to the point where you can choose what nights to have one and what nights not to? Or is it just random and you have to hope to get lucky.
I don't think it's possible to choose when you want one, but it's possible to become such a master at this skill, that you can have one nearly every night if you really tried. Take Düsum Khyenpa for instance. He was a master-level practitioner of Tibetan lucid dream yoga (as it says on the wikipedia page for lucid dreaming). I'm sure there are people out there that have practised this skill for their whole lives.. and become lucid nearly every time they go to sleep.
Quote by suckersdream
I think I might give this a go... I've never tried it before, but my dreams are always vivid and I remember pretty much all of them when I wake up, so I've got a bit of a head start. I'll probably just try the MILD one first. So basically, just keep telling myself I want to lucid dream, keep thinking about it, yeah? And then reality checks and stuff?
Yep, you've got the right idea Always work on your dream journal though, no matter what technique you're doing, even if you don't become lucid, and even if you stop trying. Good luck!
Quote by guitarocker100
Btw I made a Dreamviews account. I'm going to update my dream journals every day.
Good job! It has started off very nicely. Keep it up.
Quote by Will Swanson
Pull your scrotum out, and smear it over your walls.

Vast turbulence of meteors and galactic dust..
Parallel undefined measurements..
Time has new form, life has new form..
Last edited by ChristGrind at Apr 22, 2011,
Just reporting on last night.
No dice.

I think my biggest problem is I'm still not in the habit of using a Dream Journal. I remember I woke up, each time in the night as I had planned, and I remember thinking about the dream I just had, and going through all the details I could remember, etc etc. Just basic remembering. But I guess I was just too tired to even think of using a dream journal. So I figure that if I just get in the habit of using a dream journal first thing when I wake up, it'll come more naturally.

I do remember having dreams though, and I remember them being very vivid, I just don't remember what they were.

Also, isochronic tones didn't work for me. just gave me a headache. So I listened to this instead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb-3eBlv_qE
Quote by Vendetta V
ooho this thread is going on great so far

ok an update on my side...

3 lucid dreams in one night, bitches

yep it was great!

Talk!
Describe them?

I'm going to start updating with Dream entires in my UG blog.
I'll post any particularly interesting ones on this thread.
Had two lucid dreams this morning... in the second one I flew, which I've always wanted to do in an LD It was great, I could 'feel' every dive and turn in my stomach
to all those who have managed to become lucid. I still haven't managed to do it lately. I can question everything in my waking hours, but I accept everything that happens in a dream. My dreams have been extraordinarily vivid, however.

ChristGrind, I've always wanted to make music in a lucid dream as well. Good luck with it.

I have been inspired to begin my dream journaling on Dreamviews as well. For anyone who has an account on that site, my username is Ancient. Maybe it will help inspire me to be more consistent with my journaling as well. I tend to be a bit lazy with it.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by unet

Talk!
Describe them?

I'm going to start updating with Dream entires in my UG blog.
I'll post any particularly interesting ones on this thread.

cool well all that was a one long draem. i just kept waking up thru it..
I was a fighting a bear in one then i was fighting a evil hero person who looked like a miner.. with his shovel haha.. and i was with another superhero i was the ninja one! XD
it all was nice.. i didn't get to fly this time for some reason but the ninja chops/gimmicks were awesome XD
I had a bit of lucid dream this morning, as I went to bed wasted and hadn't slept in 24 hrs. So after about 14hrs sleep I was awake and just lying there, then I went lucid and was obviously thinking about hot girl sex. I remember looking at her naked stomach and as my eyes went up to her face, it surprised me that she was bi-racial (mix of black and white) and I thought to myself...hey whats going on? I usually only like white blond chicks. So I looked back down to her stomach and when I looked back up again....she was a hot blond! Not much happened as I remember she was a bit of a tease, I guess I should have thought more about.... rape, haha.

Oh, the power of the brain!

I woke up horny and hungry.
Quote by Tempoe
I I was awake and just lying there, then I went lucid

You were awake and went lucid? What?
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Well I'm kind of sick right now and existing in a waking sleep state right now. It's interesting. Like constant daydreams when I let myself relax, and patterns on my eyelids whenever I close them. Three cheers for being able to find something interesting out of feeling like shit.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by WhiskeyFace
I had 3 or 4 very long and vivid dreams this morning, unfortunately I haven't got a dream journal yet

Does anyone else find their dreams more vivid after they've been drinking the night before?

Yea man. I had my first lucid dream last night, after a night of drinking It was pretty great, and it was odd because I didn't realize it was a lucid dream until a few hours after I woke up. I was like "hey wait a minute, that was totally lucid!"
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
I first heard about lucid dreaming about three years ago. Tried for over 6 months. I had very good dream recall but all I could get were a couple for 3-5 second LDs over half a year. That itself really brought my confidence down... I even thought of trying WILD, but the thought if the hallucinations put me off... So I gave up.

But I thought I'd give it another shot, I've been writing dream journals for a few months now, got my reality checks in place, my dreams are vivid and I can recall at least two dreams every night now. But I don't know what to do now I may try MILD again, but I wasn't very successful with it before and it kept me awake most of the time

Any advice? Should I just suck it up and start with MILD again? I've been trying to induce a LD by reading up on Lucid dreams again, in hoping I may get a DILD, but I want to try harder, and not just randomly attain lucidity Right now it just seems like I'm just waking up in the middle of the night for no reason and falling back asleep.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Velocity
Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt
AMT WH1 Japanese Girl Wah
Marshall BB-2 Boost/OD
Joyo JF-07 Classic Flanger
Joyo JF-37 Analog Chorus
Last edited by BlueIceBox at Apr 22, 2011,
I am trying the ADA technique that I linked to in the post right before yours. It seems to have helped many people.
If attempts at MILD are keeping you awake, you are trying too hard. Just say a mantra once or twice, affirm your intentions to lucid dream, and then relax. When I first started trying to LD, I would do almost nothing besides read about it and reality check constantly. However, this proved to negatively influence my chances at lucid dreaming. Because thoughts of it were so commonplace during my waking hours, I would actually have dreams about learning how to lucid dream, and they would be nothing out of the ordinary, so I would miss a perfect opportunity to realize I was dreaming.

Less is more when it comes to MILD.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
I'm going to share my first lucid dream I had last night, and I remember it extremely well.

It started with me walking along in a world of farm fields, and I was kidnapped by two nofaced people. They were pushing me on and on down these field roads, and at that time I had no idea where I was going. Then all of a sudden a tigerbunny, yes a bunny the size and with the feroicousness of a tiger, jumped out from behind a bush and tried to attack us. I defended myself by throwing carrots from the field to distract the animal, and then it got really close and was hanging over my face about to bite my head off, and out of fear I grabbed the closest thing I could grab to stick in his mouth, which at the time was a wheat plant, and when it bit it, thousands of fly's started pouring out of it's mouth. I suppose it got terrified after that because it ran off.

We didn't walk any more then, because when I stood up the kidnappers and I, were at this city with these huge buildings and the same insects that came out of the plant were flying around these shadow people. One of these people said, "I know we're not supposed to make a big deal about him, but I can't stand the suspense!" and ran off screaming causing a chain reaction that caused everyone of the shadow persons around him to start screaming and running around this gray blank city.

The kidnappers stowed me away into this building to keep the shadow people from screaming. In that building there was an old man selling books, and I was looking at the books and he said to me "See something you like?" and even though I was looking at these blue and red Joe Bonamassa books (I know, no such thing) I asked "What would you prefer?" and he picked out the blue Joe Bonamassa book, the one I already owned personally in my dream, and said,
"This is a good read."
I said, "I know, I have this book, but I don't have this one." I then
picked up the red book, flipped open the cover and seen the price, which was $1.94, and realized I had no money on me, and so I said,
"Man, I just realized I have no money."
"It's okay, I can pay for it." he said.
I then grabbed the book, shook his right hand, and at the same time laying my other hand on this shoulder and said, "You're a good man."

After that I walked off to find the kidnappers, and found them in this building that resembled my middle school basketball gym along with a small crowd of people that were sitting on the bleachers. Upon scanning across these people I found my girlfriend amongst them. I walked past my kidnappers, and up to her and sat across from her. Then I realized what all these people were here for, Joe Bonomassa was on our gym's stage about to perform.

The music was strange, because it was more mainstream music, and their was naked chicks dancing and two toddlers beating drum sticks on the ground to make the beat of the music and Joe was singing and playing along with it. At one point my girlfriend said "This sounds like Sweet Child of Mine" realizing that she was confusing Guns N' Roses song Sweet Child of Mine for the Guns N' Roses bands actual name I said "Yeah, but you mean Gun's N' Roses."

After a few songs I noticed everyone was just sitting around, and said to my girlfriend "Let's start something," and we got down in front of the stage and started jumping around. Everyone else started coming down and swaying along to the music also. For some reason the stage was freakishly tall and no one could see over it for some reason. At this point I realized my dream was becoming ridiculous and woke up.

tl;dr
First lucid dream was a success!
BLANKBLANK
The beginning of the dream I don't remember much until the tigerbunny part, so I suppose it was all lucid after that.
BLANKBLANK
Quote by Arfey McFeeshy
The beginning of the dream I don't remember much until the tigerbunny part, so I suppose it was all lucid after that.

Was there a definable moment where you said: "I'm dreaming." and were able to control what you did from there on?
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by chaos13

You were awake and went lucid? What?

touché again

yeah...pretty much, I closed my eyes and was in a lucid dream right away. Probably less than 30 sec or so, I think it only lasted about 5 mins or so then I was awake (without wanting to be) again. I pretty much could control everything as in most of them, sometimes I just slip away though. The paralysis I HATE though.
Quote by Tempoe
touché again

yeah...pretty much, I closed my eyes and was in a lucid dream right away. Probably less than 30 sec or so, I think it only lasted about 5 mins or so then I was awake (without wanting to be) again. I pretty much could control everything as in most of them, sometimes I just slip away though. The paralysis I HATE though.

So you're just saying you fell asleep really quickly. I see. I enjoy the feeling of sleep paralysis.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Agh, I tried the WILD technique last night, (Incredibly stupid move in retrospect,) and I just could not get to sleep. Like, I could not get comfortable, and felt like I had to manually breathe. Shit sucked, because even a while after I just gave up, I could not get comfortable.

I was so frustrated that when I got up in the morning, after somehow managing to get to sleep, I was just like '**** this shit,' and didn't write down my (non-lucid) dream.

I'm going to have to read up some more on WILD. I don't even know if I experienced sleep paralysis or not, what is that supposed to feel like?
Quote by SlayingDragons

I'm going to have to read up some more on WILD. I don't even know if I experienced sleep paralysis or not, what is that supposed to feel like?

Your body will start to feel really heavy, or as if you've had a blanket tightly tucked around you, and it may seem like you're starting to sink into your bed. It can also be difficult to tell where your feet are - I have a tendency to cross one ankle over the other at times, and when I'm in SP, I can't tell if they are crossed or beside each other. It's almost as if they're floating in space.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by chaos13
Your body will start to feel really heavy, or as if you've had a blanket tightly tucked around you, and it may seem like you're starting to sink into your bed. It can also be difficult to tell where your feet are - I have a tendency to cross one ankle over the other at times, and when I'm in SP, I can't tell if they are crossed or beside each other. It's almost as if they're floating in space.

Huh, so I did have a little bit of sleep paralyzation.

I think I may have been really uncomfortable because I didn't know what to expect exactly, but the OP almost as informative as the DT helped. I shall attempt it once more tonight, and then if I can't do that, I'll have my alarm set for ~6 hours after sleeping, so I can try it then, when it's supposed to be more opportune.

I guess this is a really good time to practice meditation.

I shall report back in the morning with results.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Apr 23, 2011,
Quote by SlayingDragons
Huh, so I did have a little bit of sleep paralyzation.

I think I may have been really uncomfortable because I didn't know what to expect exactly, but the OP almost as informative as the DT helped. I shall attempt it once more tonight, and then if I can't do that, I'll have my alarm set for ~6 hours after sleeping, so I can try it then, when it's supposed to be more opportune.

I guess this is a really good time to practice meditation.

I shall report back in the morning with results.

I tried to base it off the DT. Keep in mind that weed pretty much destroys your dream recall, so don't smoke for a while before you go to bed.

Good luck
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by SlayingDragons
Agh, I tried the WILD technique last night, (Incredibly stupid move in retrospect,) and I just could not get to sleep. Like, I could not get comfortable, and felt like I had to manually breathe. Shit sucked, because even a while after I just gave up, I could not get comfortable.

I was so frustrated that when I got up in the morning, after somehow managing to get to sleep, I was just like '**** this shit,' and didn't write down my (non-lucid) dream.

Sometimes it can become very frustrating, but you should never fully give up on it. There have been times where i wake up and really can't be bothered writing my dream down, but i never fully give up on lucid dreaming. Anyone can do it, with practice, patience, and commitment.

Another thing though, i find trying to have a WILD extremely hard if i'm trying it just before bed. It's very hard for me to get from completely awake, to extremely relaxed.. relaxed enough to have sleep paralysis. I find it much easier trying the WILD after 6 hours sleep, because i'm not fully awake, but i'm not tired enough to completely fall asleep. Sometimes when i try at night, i get super frustrated and just give up, because it takes me well over half an hour to become relaxed enough to have the body vibrations start. Try it after 6 hours sleep, and see how it goes
Quote by Will Swanson

My enthusiasm for LD has died down because I've had no results besides improved dream recall. I'm going to start writing in my dream journal again and see how things go.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Quote by Snowman388
My enthusiasm for LD has died down because I've had no results besides improved dream recall. I'm going to start writing in my dream journal again and see how things go.
That happened to me too last year. I stopped writing in my dream journal, and never even thought about lucid dreaming. Then i had one, and it was the most beautiful one i've had so far. That got me back into it, and from the start of the year i've been full on with my commitment to lucid dreaming

The dream journal is always a good point to start, no matter how experienced you are with lucid dreaming. It's almost second nature to me now, writing in my dream journal. Don't give up, just tell yourself that you'll succeed. You will, you know you will.
Quote by Will Swanson

Quote by chaos13
Was there a definable moment where you said: "I'm dreaming." and were able to control what you did from there on?

Yes, I didn't really say "I'm dreaming" in my sleep but at a point I knew I was.
BLANKBLANK
I've written down my dreams every single morning since January 13th, so about three months, and I now remember every dream I have, once or twice I have been mildly lucid so I recommend this method if you're interested
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Epiphone PR5-E Electro-Acoustic
Line 6 Spider IV 30 (I know)

Yes I like Epiphone.
Attained sleep paralysis for my longest time yet last night. I was kind of going through a dream that was similar to my everyday life environment(I don't remember the specifics) except there were little oddities thrown in here and there. I wasn't aware that I was dreaming, I'm not even sure if I was really dreaming, it was just that my thought process before sleeping had trailed off and I forgot that I was actually supposed to be laying in bed.

Anyways things got scary really fast unfortunately. All I remember is the end, but everything started speeding up and I was moving through different rooms at crazy speeds. Then there was just this entity, I can't even describe what it looked like. It was humanoid. But I've never felt so much maliciousness from something in my entire life. I knew I was dreaming at this point, but I didn't want to be anywhere near there, so I just woke up. When I woke up I was just trapped in a state of paralysis(I tried moving my limbs but to no avail) hearing creeping things in my head. Eventually I calmed myself and was able to move off my bed and turned on the lights and shit.

I'm getting closer, but I hope my dreams aren't always nightmares like that.
I have terrible insomnia, but recently, the amount of sleep I get has increased as well as my ability of dream recall. I wonder if they're related. I have this little habit of tapping myself on the head and saying 'am I still dreaming?' five times before I attempt to sleep and I'll do it again when I wake. I don't know why, but I think it's helping.

I think I'll use this thread as a semi-journal to look back on, I do need to keep a journal to get better at this right.

• Teaching people in decrepit mansion.
  • Give special lessons to talented ones.
  • Fvck that chick from uni in my room in the mansion.
  • Realise all the students are sick, so I leave.
  • Arrive at lovely estate and start teaching kids there.
  • Three go past a barrier, I chase after them, I arrive and find one dead.
  • I take the other two back while being shot at.
  • See that the kids here are sick too.
  • Get invited to a wedding with fellow teachers, some are friends. However teachers are not allowed inside main wedding tent.
  • Zombie things attack wedding, a lot of them look like my students.
  • We run in circles for a bit.
  • I reach a street where I see Three-dog from F3 on a bench sleeping, zombie people approach him. I leave him.
  • Find three old kid students of mine hiding in an alley who aren't sick and I tell them to go to my safehouse, however they don't hear me and act on their own.
  • We get inside and lock the door. I'm pretty sure we're underground, except there are windows to a very pretty purple-blue sky outside and we can hear screaming.
  • I try to show them where all the food is, but they find it after I say where it is as if I'm not there.
  • They seem to be happy, eating and watching tv in my safehouse, all protected and comfortable.
  • I think I wondered if I was dead and that's why ignored me.

We'll see what happens.
Quote by Snowman388

Put less effort into it, but don't give up. Do a reality check once or twice a day, pay the utmost attention to your surroundings while awake, and tell yourself you'll have a lucid dream as you fall asleep. Same thing happened to me when I first started, and I am having a similar non-lucid spell right now. Just do the bare minimum to keep LD'ing in your subconscious, but don't give up on it.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
So I was reading that during sleep the body releases a chemical that makes you paralyzed (so you don't actually do what you're dreaming) I guess this is the effect I feel of not being able to sit up to end my dream when I am lucid then? It's an actual thing and not just in your mind then? And how about when you roll over etc, does the body wake up a bit to stop the chemical or what?
where can i get info on the WILD techniques?
If I stay too quiet
I can hear her walking by
Death cold air is moving
Like the touch of her hand

ikuisesti hallussa surua,
pienentynyt enkeli, ottaa minuun,
johtaa minut tämän arvokkaan valoa,
ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
Quote by Blackritual0
where can i get info on the WILD techniques?

The OP, man. Lots of good stuff in there.

Ok, so I had the weirdest dream last night. I almost became lucid, and knew I was dreaming, but didn't actually have control of my dream. Like, I wasn't freaked out by something that I can't remember at the moment, because I was telling myself 'it's just a dream,' but then just went along my normal dream business. 0.o

It's both a bit irritating and encouraging to have come so close, because I was almost there, if I had just taken control over it I would have been there, but then again, to have come so close means that I'm getting better at identifying dreams.

And I think I found out I'm using music as an avoidance system for all the problems in my life. But that's another story.
It's an awesome sign that you got that close. That means you're well on your way to becoming fully lucid

Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
My mild insomnia is giving me the shits lately.. Woke up twice last night. But the good thing is, i remembered 3 dreams. I guess there's a good side to it too.. I have the chance to become lucid 3 or more times.

^^ Congrats man. You're getting so close to becoming fully lucid.
Quote by Will Swanson