Page 5 of 25
I'm not even close! I remembered 2 dreams yesterday (or 1 very weird one ), but that's no progress.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Quote by Snowman388
I'm not even close! I remembered 2 dreams yesterday (or 1 very weird one ), but that's no progress.

That's some awesome progress. It's more helpful than you realize to remember your dreams. If you're getting really frustrated, stop trying. Trying implies that you don't believe you can do it. Just accept the fact that you are capable of lucid dreaming, and any lack of success is due to a mental block of sorts. Rather than actively lucid dreaming, use passive techniques. Let the dreams come to you.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by ChristGrind
My mild insomnia is giving me the shits lately.. Woke up twice last night. But the good thing is, i remembered 3 dreams. I guess there's a good side to it too.. I have the chance to become lucid 3 or more times.

You sure that's insomnia? You wake up after every sleep cycle, and unless you have trouble getting back to sleep after, it's perfectly normal.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by chaos13
That's some awesome progress. It's more helpful than you realize to remember your dreams. If you're getting really frustrated, stop trying. Trying implies that you don't believe you can do it. Just accept the fact that you are capable of lucid dreaming, and any lack of success is due to a mental block of sorts. Rather than actively lucid dreaming, use passive techniques. Let the dreams come to you.

Christgrind said something along the lines of that when we were chatting. I am trying to get into that mindset.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
I was dreaming that we were going in for a PE lesson and I forgot my kit. But then I was suddenly wearing my kit and realised I was lucid dreaming (it happens quite a lot). So then the astronaut from Doctor Who appeared and shit was gonna go down with my new-found super powers but then I woke up. Lucid dreaming can be a bitch sometimes.
Just keep practicing and you'll get there!
Quote by Athabasca
Argh. I had a really hazy sort of lucid dream last night. I was hanging out with a friend at a bar type place, but then I realized that I was only 17 and wouldn't usually be there in real life, so I said 'Hey, I'm dreaming.' However, my attention was somehow focused between being asleep in bed and the dream. Everything went fuzzy in my dream, and I tried to make it clearer by concentrating, but my mind just felt like it was hitting a brick wall. I finally got frustrated and stopped trying to force lucidity. The dream went on for a while back at it's usual clarity, but non-lucid.

It was like those dreams late in the morning where you are only in a very light sleep, and you can realize you're dreaming, but it's more of a daydream than a real one, with your attention flickering back and forth between your sleeping body and your dreaming one.

EDIT: This ADA (All Day Awareness) technique that I found on Dreamviews seems to be helping a ton though. This is the first time I've become lucid in quite a while.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by chaos13
You sure that's insomnia? You wake up after every sleep cycle, and unless you have trouble getting back to sleep after, it's perfectly normal.

The doctor i saw said i have mild insomnia, which is why he's prescribed me some sleeping pills for a bit. It sucks, but i'm not letting it get in the way
Quote by Will Swanson
Pull your scrotum out, and smear it over your walls.

Vast turbulence of meteors and galactic dust..
Parallel undefined measurements..
Time has new form, life has new form..
You know what I don't get? Is if you have absolute control over your dream, how come so many people struggle to do things like flying and stuff. I see people saying things like "I havn't been able to fly with my hands at my side yet, but I'm practicing it!" Shouldn't you be able to make yourself fly no matter what? And people are talking about not knowing how to do stuff like make a portal. Shouldn't all you have to do is say, "Portal right there!" and it will appear on the wall?

So basically what I am asking is, why does it still take some "skill" to do things in LDs, when you should have control over what happens? Couldn't you just say, "Hey, I control what happens, so I already know how to fly!" and just take off?
Quote by guitarocker100
You know what I don't get? Is if you have absolute control over your dream, how come so many people struggle to do things like flying and stuff. I see people saying things like "I havn't been able to fly with my hands at my side yet, but I'm practicing it!" Shouldn't you be able to make yourself fly no matter what? And people are talking about not knowing how to do stuff like make a portal. Shouldn't all you have to do is say, "Portal right there!" and it will appear on the wall?

So basically what I am asking is, why does it still take some "skill" to do things in LDs, when you should have control over what happens? Couldn't you just say, "Hey, I control what happens, so I already know how to fly!" and just take off?

It takes practice. It's the same as the length of being lucid. The first time you might only be lucid for 5 seconds, then you build it up and practice, eventually being able to maintain lucidity for 25 minutes. When i had my first couple of lucid dreams, it was very hard to control things the way i wanted to. I had to think REALLY hard about changing things, and i had to be 100% sure i was dreaming. Sometimes i say "I'm dreaming", but i don't actually believe it, and therefore just continue on in my dream. The more you become lucid, and the more you focus on lucid dreaming, the more you will be able to do in your dreams. In my last lucid dream, i took flight, changed the colour of the sky, and turned every tree into a giant mushroom. It can be frustrating finally becoming lucid and having little to no control over your dream, but the more you practice and the more you commit yourself to lucid dreaming, the easier it will get.

You know, i have a very interesting story about the last lucid dream i had. After i turned the sky purple and turned every tree into a giant mushroom, i sat on a grass hill, and just looked up at the sky. My phone starting ringing (in my dream), and i answered it. It was my friend Morgan. I told her about how amazing it was, and how beautiful everything was.. and i remember saying these exact words, "You have no idea how amazing this is.. and I'm actually talking to you in my dream. I know I'm dreaming. It's so weird."
The weird thing is, believe it or not, the next day she told me that i called her in her dream. I didn't believe her at first.. it just seemed too weird to me. Even though she called me in my dream, instead of me calling her, it's still weird..
Quote by Will Swanson

Quote by ChristGrind
The weird thing is, believe it or not, the next day she told me that i called her in her dream. I didn't believe her at first.. it just seemed too weird to me. Even though she called me in my dream, instead of me calling her, it's still weird..

Haha thats pretty trippy.
Quote by guitarocker100

I'm going to have to disagree with ChristGrind and say it's psychological conditioning. People think that it takes skill to do it, so it does. Because the dream is a reflection of the subconscious mind, if you have taught your subconscious that it takes effort, practice, and skill to do something, it will.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Thanks for the correction So it's mental pressure?
Practice worked for me It took me a few tries to actually learn to fly and change things in my dream. I guess it's different for every person?
Quote by Will Swanson

Quote by chaos13
I'm going to have to disagree with ChristGrind and say it's psychological conditioning. People think that it takes skill to do it, so it does. Because the dream is a reflection of the subconscious mind, if you have taught your subconscious that it takes effort, practice, and skill to do something, it will.

So it's more of just convincing yourself "Yes! I can do this!" and just doing it?
Quote by ChristGrind
Thanks for the correction So it's mental pressure?
Practice worked for me It took me a few tries to actually learn to fly and change things in my dream. I guess it's different for every person?

I don't know, this is just my personal opinion. I've never had difficulty controlling my dreams. If you're the type of person who thinks it will take practice to learn something properly, then it will.
It depends on your thoughts regarding dreams as well. There are those who believe that they take place on the astral plane, and their thoughts on how things work will be different from those who believe it is all the creation of the subconscious mind.
This would be an interesting experiment to run - get a large group of people who are new to lucid dreaming and give them specific tasks, perhaps provide some of them with different information. Tell some that it takes no effort, tell others that it takes a lot of practice, have a control group, etc...
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
So this morning was the first day I've written in my dream journal in a while. I decided to do it last night. I dreamt about a couple things, but most notably I recall WRITING IN MY DREAM JOURNAL in my dream, however it was too thick so I should've noticed it was a dream.

Gah.
Quote by Athabasca
I had no lucid dreams last night... unless you count the one where I was in maths class and the teacher handed me a page of nonsensical graphs and said "Sorry to spring a test on you're when your dreaming, Danny, but do your best." ( )

Great success will be had tonight!
Quote by Snowman388
So this morning was the first day I've written in my dream journal in a while. I decided to do it last night. I dreamt about a couple things, but most notably I recall WRITING IN MY DREAM JOURNAL in my dream, however it was too thick so I should've noticed it was a dream.

Gah.

I've had dreams where I've been talking with someone about lucid dreaming, and was 100% sure I was awake.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by chaos13
I don't know, this is just my personal opinion. I've never had difficulty controlling my dreams. If you're the type of person who thinks it will take practice to learn something properly, then it will.
It depends on your thoughts regarding dreams as well. There are those who believe that they take place on the astral plane, and their thoughts on how things work will be different from those who believe it is all the creation of the subconscious mind.
This would be an interesting experiment to run - get a large group of people who are new to lucid dreaming and give them specific tasks, perhaps provide some of them with different information. Tell some that it takes no effort, tell others that it takes a lot of practice, have a control group, etc...

That sounds very interesting. Sounds pretty reasonable, too. I guess when i was learning about lucid dreaming, i took the left path instead of the right
That group experiment would be awesome.
Quote by Will Swanson

I'm going to start this pretty soon!
On maybe an unrelated point of interest, I regularly wake up from a dream, become fully awake, then become pissed off that I left the dream, go back to sleep and return to the same dream.

What's up with that?
Quote by conor-figgy
I'm going to start this pretty soon!
On maybe an unrelated point of interest, I regularly wake up from a dream, become fully awake, then become pissed off that I left the dream, go back to sleep and return to the same dream.

What's up with that?

It's fairly common to go back to the same dream if you fall asleep immediately after waking up during it. It's a good way to practice becoming lucid, it's essentially a shortened version of WILD, as you're already relaxed enough to fall asleep in seconds.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Question. Is it possible (without having to go through training yourself to do dream bridging) to connect your lucid dreams? I imagine it is considering your are in control, but I'm just curious. Like if I left off doing something in a LD and I could continue from where I started in the next? With the same setting, DCs, and everything? I think that would make things much more exciting and interesting. It would be like having a second life or reality.
Quote by guitarocker100
Question. Is it possible (without having to go through training yourself to do dream bridging) to connect your lucid dreams? I imagine it is considering your are in control, but I'm just curious. Like if I left off doing something in a LD and I could continue from where I started in the next? With the same setting, DCs, and everything? I think that would make things much more exciting and interesting. It would be like having a second life or reality.

I imagine you could. When you became lucid the second time, all you would have to do is change the dream from whatever it was like to the way it was before. It would take some excellent dream recall though. If you want to try this, I recommend practicing your dream journaling to the utmost degree. Pick a dream that you want to continue, and describe it in as much detail as you can.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Well, this week just from thinking about lucid dreaming, and repeating to myself "I will lucid dream", I've had much more vivid dreams.
My dream recall is also slightly improving, but only just, as my habit of writing in my dream journal is still piss poor.

Also Chaos, why don't you have Earth in your signature? Sunn O))) is there, but no Earth?!?
Quote by Baby Joel
Well, this week just from thinking about lucid dreaming, and repeating to myself "I will lucid dream", I've had much more vivid dreams.
My dream recall is also slightly improving, but only just, as my habit of writing in my dream journal is still piss poor.

Also Chaos, why don't you have Earth in your signature? Sunn O))) is there, but no Earth?!?

I think I had it, but took it out because it wrecked the pretty curve I've got going on

If you're struggling with writing in your dream journal, I suggest you make an account on dreamviews. I always hate writing down my dreams, but they have an excellent DJ function on there, and I've started writing down one of them every day there. If you make one, add me. My user is Ancient.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by guitarocker100

I did this recently... I woke up from a lucid dream, was dissapointed that it was over and decided to 'will' myself back. I fell asleep thinking about the location of the dream and then I was back (although it was slightly different).
Quote by chaos13
I imagine you could. When you became lucid the second time, all you would have to do is change the dream from whatever it was like to the way it was before. It would take some excellent dream recall though. If you want to try this, I recommend practicing your dream journaling to the utmost degree. Pick a dream that you want to continue, and describe it in as much detail as you can.

I have one thing to add that might help with this.. read the dream you want to recall before going to sleep and randomly through the day. Refine it to where you can describe everything in it.

Posted my first dream log on DV! User is Zei, by the way.

So last night I had two very vivid dreams. One was a lot more interesting than the other. Sadly, I only remember one (damn alarm clock) and that's the boring one.

The boring one went as follows: I woke up, grabbed my dream journal (which I don't physically have one), and began writing down my first dream in a very, VERY neat cursive, as opposed to my usual chicken scratch. (Added for UG cause I just remembered) I think I had control of myself in the second dream while not going lucid... cause I remember physically telling myself "I'm gonna write in my dream journal! This is what happened!".

I don't realize why I didn't notice the myriad of different signs saying "HEY! THIS IS A DREAM!", but eh. I'm getting closer!
What's dreamview?

CARRIT:^I think you can make "conscious" decisions while not being lucid. I've remembered deciding what to do in a dream, but it was more like me witnessing my own thought process, not making the decision.
Quote by Athabasca
Last edited by Snowman388 at Apr 26, 2011,
Quote by Snowman388
What's dreamview?

CARRIT:^I think you can make "conscious" decisions while not being lucid. I've remembered deciding what to do in a dream, but it was more like me witnessing my own thought process, not making the decision.

http://www.dreamviews.com/content/

Lucid dreaming forum
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
I have been waiting ALL DAY to write this.

I think I accidently WILDed last night. I was simply breathing in rhythm and thinking "I'm going to lucid dream" in rhythm as well. Hard to explain, but I felt this "darkness" slowly enveloping me. Then all the sudden, when I am finally covered, my feet start to get this tight, prickly feeling not unlike your foot falling asleep, which I thought had originally happened. Then it started to cover my whole body. I realized (or so I think) I was entering SP. I actually enjoyed the feeling alot, but got overly excited, and was having difficulty not licking my lips, or swallowing, because SP hadn't reached my head yet. My heart was going a mile a minute. I was in this position for a good 15-30 minutes (guessing). I loved the feeling and was really excited. Then for whatever reason my eyelids started to shake and I had the hardest time keeping them shut. Finally they opened. My body broke out of SP, I did a few RCs and realized I was in the normal world. What a disappointment. I think I went lucid for about 1-2 seconds. All that happened was I saw a stairway with a glowing entrance on top. It was very vivid. However I didn't hold it long at all. I looked at my clock and realized it had been an hour since I shut my eyes.

Then I tried it again and (I think) I went through SP again, much quicker. I think I went partially lucid. I could feel my blankets and hear my fan, I couldn't control what I felt or heard. However, I did see. I couldn't control it well. It was covered in a purple haze and I remember jumping platforms of rock I turned into PB&J sandwiches, and that was through my own will. Saw a hot air balloon, turned it to a grocery bag. I couldn't control WHAT happened, I could just change the looks of what appeared. Than I woke up, and went back to a normal sleep.

Sorry that took so long, but I am just so excited. The SP was an awesome feeling. Questions:
Do you think I actually did WILD?
Was it SP?
Is it possible to partially lucid dream like that?

I'n probably make a dreamview account for stuff like this, but I'm just so excited and wanted to share. Thanks!
Last edited by LesPaulGuy514 at Apr 26, 2011,
Yes, that was definitely SP.

That was the beginning stages of WILD. With more practice you'll be able to take something like that and turn it into a full lucid dream.
I believe it is possible to partially LD, because I've been having similar things lately.

Keep it up, that's a brilliant start to progress.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Hey thanks, this thread has helped alot! I can't believe I WILDed this quickly. I think next time I will have to try to ignore the want to swallow or lick lips. SP is actually a quite enjoyable feeling, it's an awesome sensation. I'm going to join Dreamviews.

Best of luck with your LDs! I hope you can get back into full LDs.

EDIT: I joined Dreamviews. My account is Mjguitar6132.
Last edited by LesPaulGuy514 at Apr 26, 2011,
Great thread, very interested

Funny story, once I had a false awakening where I sat up in bed totally thinking im awake and started jacking off. When I finished I actually woke up and was shocked that I was sleeping. So immediately I started jacking off for a second time Great experience.

Also before I knew what lucid dreaming was I did it all the time and loved it, but once I searched it up and tried to conjure lucid dreams I could never do it again..
Damn every time I tell somebody about this they are completely doubtful and just say it's a bunch of fake crap. Even after they go look it up they still don't think it's real. They say there's no way to control your dreams and its just a bunch of fake inception stuff. I still obviously know its real but it sucks when nobody believes you about it haha. Although I do have some friends that are also trying to do it (one of them is the one who introduced me to it).

One thing I have noticed after coming back to school is that it is going to be very hard to remember dreams for my DJ on week days. Whenever I wake up at 6:00 every morning I am way too out of it to even attempt to remember dreams. Then by the time I am semi-awake I have already gotten to the point of forgetting everything. Any suggestions?
I have a question. If you have a lucid dream, when you realize that your dreaming, is your mind always fully conscious of the fact that you're dreaming?

I'm fairly certain I had one last night. Mainly because I did things in this dream that I've never been able to do in my dreams before.

Before I went to sleep, I was hopeful of having one, and told myself that I would have one, and that I would do the "looking at your hands thing".

Although I didn't actually make the decision to look down at my hands and see if they were blurry, I did see them, which is a first. I think my mind registered that as me "knowing" that I was dream, although I wasn't exactly fully aware of it.

Anyone have thoughts on this? I could provide details if that would help.

You, good sir, have not gone over to your friends house after a hard night of drinking to find 2 dudes passed out in the same room both holding their own flaccid cocks in hand, passed out, with porn on the tv.
@guitarocker100 - Nobody seems interested in it but myself. I think they're crazy. I have the same problem. I have two suggestions:
1. When you wake up during the night, write down your dreams then, even if it's just a few scribbled notes. Review them in the morning and make a more complete entry.
2. Try changing your wake up time or your bedtime to fit your sleep schedule. Each sleep cycle is approximately 90 minutes long, so set your alarm for a multiple of 90 minutes after you go to sleep. Waking up at the end of a cycle will leave you feeling more refreshed than if you wake up in the middle of one, even if you didn't get a lot of sleep.

@RisingForce1990 -
A lucid dream by definition is being fully aware of the fact that you're dreaming, so yes.
If you're only 'fairly certain', it's likely you didn't have one.
Hmm...this description of your hands is leading me to believe that you may have had a lucid dream.

More details would be in order I think. It's possible you had a semi-lucid dream, but didn't quite take the full step to becoming completely lucid. If you've got a dream journal entry or something of the sort I would love to see it.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
I don't keep a journal, but I could tell you about the parts of the dream that I felt were lucid, since they've never really occurred in my dream prior to last night.

The first part is as follows:
I ended up on a runway in the cockpit of a 747. I begin takeoff, and all is normal until I get airborne. Once the plane leaves the ground, I decide it isn't going fast enough, and hit full throttle. The plane instantly achieves full speed, almost seemed like warp speed. I could even stop the plane instantly in the air, turn it around, and instantly move at warp speed. Almost as if this plane is a UFO of sorts.

The second part that I believe was lucid, was that I was in a mall. Everything seemed normal, until I pick up a visor, and put it on. I decided that I didn't like it, and threw it into the air, and it stayed suspended for quite a bit, as if there was less gravity. I wouldn't go as far as to say no gravity, because it still fell, but at a very slow rate. Upon seeing this, I start to jump around and float, etc.

These occurrences are weird for my dreams because I never actually see my hands in my dream, and they're always in first person, (Parts of the 747 bit were from an outside view, looking at the plane). Also, I've never experienced diminished gravity in my dreams. They're almost always quite realistic.

You, good sir, have not gone over to your friends house after a hard night of drinking to find 2 dudes passed out in the same room both holding their own flaccid cocks in hand, passed out, with porn on the tv.
That just seems like an increase in dream recall or control. Perhaps you have never remembered dreams so vividly before. It doesn't sound like you were making those decisions consciously - you may have been in better control of what happened in your dream than you have been before, but I don't think you became lucid.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Alright. Thanks Chaos13!

Going to sleep now.

Come on, MILD! (hehe MILF)
Quote by Athabasca