so i just came into possession of an old Peavey Nitro (NGD thread to come later) and it has an old Kahler 2710 "Killer" bridge on it. does anyone know anything about these? is there anything that i need to know before putting a much needed new set of strings on it? it seems to be a very similar design to a Floyd Rose which i have experience with, but i wanted to be sure before i go and mess with it. any help will be appreciated.

thanks
gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez RG
Peavey Nitro
Takamine EG-351SSC
Bugera 333xl 212

My Music:
MySpace
Facebook
add me!
do you have any pics?
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
after my research, i believe that the 'killer' is a kahler system on a fulcrum instead of kahler's normal cams (if that makes any sense). so... i think that you should set it up as if its a kahler. maybe im completely wrong. probably am. whatever. good luck. have fun
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!
i was mistaken in my first post, it isn't a killer, its a 2720 Spyder tremolo. i restrung it and everything was fine, however i don't have a whammy bar for it and the only ones i can find online are from wammiworld.com and they want $29 for one!
does anyone know if i can find old Kahler parts anywhere else? i've already emailed Peavey about it and i'm waiting on a response, but i heard their price will probably be steep as well. could i buy a bar from a different Kahler tremolo model and use it with the Spyder?
gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez RG
Peavey Nitro
Takamine EG-351SSC
Bugera 333xl 212

My Music:
MySpace
Facebook
add me!
The company is still in business. Try a Google search.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.