Page 1 of 2
Due to lack of forum activity, I've extended to length of the first competition so that it will get more interest / entrants. All other competitions will be monthly. (1st of that month until a few days before the end of that month)

Lets have a bit of fun.....

Best Drum Solo.

Nice and simple - Video or record yourself playing a Drum Solo.

Rules:

- Your entry MUST be under 3 minutes long.

- It MUST be hosted on a website where no sign up is necessary to view (UG Profile MP3 section, Youtube, Soundcloud) etc.

- Maximum of 10 entrants. First come first served.

- Post in this thread if you wish to sign up.

- However, if you sign up and don't submit, then you are automatically excluded from next month's competition. In short, only sign up if you WILL submit

- It can be any style you want.

- To submit, send me a PM containing your entry. DO NOT POST IT IN THE FORUM. PM IT ME ONLY

- Entries will be judged in a poll format. (I'll create a voting thread)

- Voting will start a few days after the submission deadline, and will last for 7 days.

Entries must be submitted by May 21st 2011 11.59am GMT

Any questions / suggestions? Please feel free to comment.

Good luck
RIP Tom Searle.
Last edited by MH400 at May 8, 2011,
Entrants / Submissions

1. MH400 - Submitted

2. TheReverend724 - Not submitted

3. eddiehimself - Not submitted

4. Skinny91 - Not submitted

5. CorduroyEW - Not submitted

6. OverUnderOnward - Not submitted

7. Nathy137 - Submitted

8. Niiko - Not submitted

9. Punk Hysteria - Not submitted

On Standby, in the event that people don't submit.

RIP Tom Searle.
Last edited by MH400 at May 21, 2011,
Drum solo's are not my thing really lol, but it should be fun so count me in
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
EH is up for doing a drum solo, to get things going
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
I'm in. It'll be bongos, congas, and djembe rather than a trap set but I should be able to get something together.
Not taking any online orders.
I'll maybe enter. If I can buy the recorder I need for it before the date of submission - and if there is still a place available - I'll enter. Otherwise I'll wait until next month.
Quote by CreepingDeath13
its may 24th, submisson date was the 21st. Looks like you all lose. I am dissapoint.

Its April...?
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by CreepingDeath13
Mother of god.... it is too. Well the 21st of may is ages away. you should bring it forward to like the 5th-10th.

I vote leave it where it is, solely because I won't be home from college to record til the 12th.
Same, hopefully going to get something recorded today

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
Im In My User name is the same as on youtube
Usher Cought Up Solo
Last edited by dav27ellevay at May 4, 2011,
Welcome to the Drum Forum

Please read the competition rules in the first post of this thread. Al submissions need to be done a certain way. Thanks!
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by MH400
Due to lack of forum activity, I've extended to length of the first competition so that it will get more interest / entrants. All other competitions will be monthly. (1st of that month until a few days before the end of that month)

Lets have a bit of fun.....

Best Drum Solo.

Nice and simple - Video or record yourself playing a Drum Solo.

Rules:

- Your entry MUST be under 3 minutes long.

- It MUST be hosted on a website where no sign up is necessary to view (UG Profile MP3 section, Youtube, Soundcloud) etc.

- Maximum of 10 entrants. First come first served.

- Post in this thread if you wish to sign up.

- However, if you sign up and don't submit, then you are automatically excluded from next month's competition. In short, only sign up if you WILL submit

- It can be any style you want.

- To submit, send me a PM containing your entry.

- Entries will be judged in a poll format. (I'll create a voting thread)

- Voting will start a few days after the submission deadline, and will last for 7 days.

Entries must be submitted by May 21st 2011 11.59am GMT

Any questions / suggestions? Please feel free to comment.

Good luck

Im In dav27ellevay YOu tube
I see there's one spot left... I've never done a drum solo before but it sounds like fun... Can I take that last spot?
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Quote by Niiko
I see there's one spot left... I've never done a drum solo before but it sounds like fun... Can I take that last spot?

If you promise to submit, then yeah
RIP Tom Searle.
Sweet! Then i'm in =)
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Done. 1 more spot left, as one of the people got banned for advertising.
RIP Tom Searle.
I having problems getting mine recorded because I can't play very often without the silencer pads on my kit, damn neighbors. Next friday I'll get it finished.

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
I had a rough idea for a drum solo, but i'm gonna wait and see what everybody else can throw down first.
Quote by drummer420
I had a rough idea for a drum solo, but i'm gonna wait and see what everybody else can throw down first.

You won't see other people's material until the voting thread.

Quote by Punk Hysteria
sign me up!!!

I see you're new here. Promise that you will submit? Its the last space, so please don't take it if you can't guarantee that you'll submit.

I'll add you when / if you reply to this.
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by Punk Hysteria
i am new here, but this seems like a lot of fun. I promise i'll submit.

I'll take your word for it.

Added.
RIP Tom Searle.
Somebody can take my place if they want I don't care to submit anymore, got other things to worry about. Open up a spot for somebody else at least so they can have a chance.
I have some problems submitting as well, I was told recently that we might be moving house and its pretty much confirmed now. So now my drum kit is going to be packed away for a while (moving to a flat) and until I can get my hands on an electric kit, I'm not going to be able to do anything.

Hopefully I can get it recorded at college, but can't guarantee anything Sorry guys.

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
I'm going to my rehearsal space to bring my djembe home for recording. Should have something submitted in a couple days. I don't typically play djembe for anything but the bass note so a whole solo is gonna be a stretch but we will see what I can do.
Not taking any online orders.
Page 1 of 2