im fairly horrible at guitar, but would like to start doing acoustic songs to acompany my singing. any songs that are simple to learn?

at this stage i can play 45 by shinedown and your guardian angel by red jumpsuit apparatis. cheers
You should try Dunas, by GNR.
Another cool and easy song is Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, by Pearl Jam.

These are not exactly new, but they are easy and fun.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
Jason Mraz? most of his stuff is acoustic, fairly new and easy
try i'm yours or geek in the pink
David Bowie did an awesome acoustic cover of ziggy stardust and it's pretty easy...
Try some Jack Johnson, he's fairly simple. Listen to the band Transit, they have some good acoustic songs. Search around, you'll find some songs.
Quote by Kerdmann5
Try some Jack Johnson, he's fairly simple. Listen to the band Transit, they have some good acoustic songs. Search around, you'll find some songs.

Agreed, Transit rules and their song "Outbound" is really fun and easy. The Decemberists also use a lot of acoustic songs, I'd recommend "Leslie Anne Levine".
Quote by Kerdmann5

Yes, Jack Johnson. My favourite artist, eheh.

Jack's songs will get you started and get used to barre-chords. There are some videos on Youtube that uses the basics, but heck, it still sounds pimp. Try "Sitting Waiting Wishing" and "Gone"
How about jessie j's "price tag?"
thats nice and easy just look for the tab capo 5
and jam away with the acoustic version.

Rachel
Quote by saneff
"let Her Cry" by Hootie & the Blowfish

like 5 years ago i was in a band and we did a heavy cover of let her cry, it was wicked