I've got a 40 watt tube amp and it's a bit too loud for home use (if you want to get a decent drive sound out of it) but the power tubes have not been changed for a while and they are unbranded chinese EL84's and there are 4 of them. Should I down size since I'm mainly playing at home at the moment because I'm not in a band and theres only my brother who I jam with at home. Replace the tubes on my 40 watter or get a smaller tube amp?
Well what amp is it?
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Replacing the tubes is not going to lower your volume. On the contrary, depending on how old the tubes are, you may even find the amp is louder if you retube it.

You also haven't specified what model amp it is.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
I've never heard of that, so prolly time for a new amp.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
It depends on the type of music you play and how much headroom you need. If you are using lots of pedals and what not then just use your amps clean channel and turn the volume down. Having the headroom is important for pedal use. On the other hand, if you like to drive your amp and make it work for a living then you should downsize. I play large clubs in a 6pc band with a 12 watt amp. We just mic the thing. Our guitarist that needs clean volume uses a 50 watt amp.
Not taking any online orders.
I mainly want to drive my amp, but I don't play anything too heavy so I'm kinda in between mainly I play Red hot chili peppers, foo fighters, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, R.E.M, Queens of the Stone Age, Jack Johnson, The Black Keys, Radiohead, The White Stripes.
What amp do you suggest I go for?
Quote by Gundamnitpete
I've never heard of that, so prolly time for a new amp.

Because the only good amps are the ones you've heard of
Quote by RHCP_Nirvana_FF
I mainly want to drive my amp, but I don't play anything too heavy so I'm kinda in between mainly I play Red hot chili peppers, foo fighters, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, R.E.M, Queens of the Stone Age, Jack Johnson, The Black Keys, Radiohead, The White Stripes.
What amp do you suggest I go for?

I'd go with a smaller amp. Something like a blues Jr would probably be great for you. A Laney AC15 would also be worth looking at. Both will work for what you want to do but the Fender would have better cleans while the Laney has better overdrive. Vox AC15 and Fender tweed deluxe amps would be even better if you have the money for them.
Not taking any online orders.