Trying to form a sort of, space metal band, so I need some reccommendations please

Something in the vein of Ayreon/Star One

Thanks in advance
Quote by The Wildchild
Vektor

Mutant and Voivod too...
and I don't care if I live or die,
because I ain't ever going to no other side,
there ain't no heaven and there ain't no hell,
but I am a sinner so it's all just as well
Arcturus is the only answer
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
As much as I appreciate the answers there, is there nothing a bit less black/doom metal-y? Like my first posts suggestions
Mithras' Worlds Beyond the Veil mimics Morbid Angel's Covenant with a bit more "spacey" aesthetics.

Bar that, I recommend Demilich's Nespithe for some truly otherworldly death metal
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by Seddon1707
As much as I appreciate the answers there, is there nothing a bit less black/doom metal-y? Like my first posts suggestions
Without trying to be really anal about it, Vektor are thrash, and Mithras are death metal. So...
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
There was this awesome Finnish band that someone posted about a while ago. It was like Pink Floyd and metal had a baby. I forget the name, though.

EDIT:
Found it. Oranssi Pazuzu

It's black metal-y, but it's spacey as an airless vacuum with dust clouds and spinning spheres of molten elements suspended in it.
Last edited by madbasslover at Apr 22, 2011,
Quote by madbasslover
There was this awesome Finnish band that someone posted about a while ago. It was like Pink Floyd and metal had a baby. I forget the name, though.

EDIT:
Found it. Oranssi Pazuzu

It's black metal-y, but it's spacey as an airless vacuum with dust clouds and spinning spheres of molten elements suspended in it.

That's more like Hawkwind + black metal.