Page 1 of 2
I know there is a relationship thread but I'd like to make a thread specifically for this. And no, I'm not trying to find a way out of the friendzone, I just got thinking about this and thought it would be something to discuss.

So, is it possible to escape the friendzone or is it the point of no return?

If you can, how do you escape it?

If you can't, what do you do? Carry on with the friendship or drop it?

Share with me, Pit.
I think there is a Courage wolf meme for you TS
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
There's pretty much no way to escape it unless you stop being friends with her for a fair amount of time and then go back.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
There is no way out. She doesn't want to have a relationship with you and is trying to turn you down without it getting awkward.

People just think this "friend zone" stuff matters because they can't accept that the girl will never have sex with them. She doesn't have secret feelings for you, she was just trying not to upset you and you have clung onto her niceness like some kind of false hope.

Raah. Glad I got that out
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
There is no way out. She doesn't want to have a relationship with you and is trying to turn you down without it getting awkward.

People just think this "friend zone" stuff matters because they can't accept that the girl will never have sex with them. She doesn't have secret feelings for you, she was just trying not to upset you and you have clung onto her niceness like some kind of false hope.

It's spelt rawr. -_-
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I've escaped the friendzone a few times. There's a few things one needs to do, in no specific order. Try and get into situations where there's just the 2 of you as this will get her feeling closer to you and more comfortable with there just being 2 of you. Kick up playful 'touchy feely' games, like do a thumb war against her then purposely cheat so as to start a play fight, this is to break down the friend vs non-friend touch barrier. Another way of doing this although it's quite hard to do is slapping each other's asses but that's another story for another time. Also introduce her to cool things about yourself that she wouldn't necessarily expect, even if you haven't done them yet, so like "oh yeah did I tell you? I'm going sky-diving next weekend for charity" or say you're gonna start taking martial arts classes, I don't know use your imagination. I will point out obviously that if you actually do these things for example go sky-diving, make sure you take photos etc to prove it, plus actually doing these things makes it look like you have a very exciting life and she's missing out. Last but not least mention the idea of you 2 being together, not too often but enough to getting her thinking about the idea.

Oh one more thing, if you're in a band invite her to some gigs of yours, no-one looks cooler than when they're on stage!

If all that fails.....rape and deny everything!
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by SurfinWithSatch
I've escaped the friendzone a few times. There's a few things one needs to do, in no specific order. Try and get into situations where there's just the 2 of you as this will get her feeling closer to you and more comfortable with there just being 2 of you. Kick up playful 'touchy feely' games, like do a thumb war against her then purposely cheat so as to start a play fight, this is to break down the friend vs non-friend touch barrier. Another way of doing this although it's quite hard to do is slapping each other's asses but that's another story for another time. Also introduce her to cool things about yourself that she wouldn't necessarily expect, even if you haven't done them yet, so like "oh yeah did I tell you? I'm going sky-diving next weekend for charity" or say you're gonna start taking martial arts classes, I don't know use your imagination. I will point out obviously that if you actually do these things for example go sky-diving, make sure you take photos etc to prove it, plus actually doing these things makes it look like you have a very exciting life and she's missing out. Last but not least mention the idea of you 2 being together, not too often but enough to getting her thinking about the idea.

Oh one more thing, if you're in a band invite her to some gigs of yours, no-one looks cooler than when they're on stage!

If all that fails.....rape and deny everything!

So much bullshit. . Everyone is different, having a thumbwar and play fight is not the answer to any girl, let alone every girl. Sky diving for charity? Martial arts? Are you serious?

And there is no friendzone, only men without balls.
Last edited by Confusius at Apr 20, 2011,
I've escaped the friend zone.

Seriously, it ain't hard. You just gotta be there, but not to the point of being a leech.
Just make her feel good, and y'know... be a sweet guy.
Don't offer her the world.
Don't be afraid to break a few rules.

She'll come round sooner or later.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Make sure your good at massages. works 9/10.

if not, bone her sister.

</internet advice>
Such is posting in Soviet Russia
Quote by DOHC
Make sure your good at massages. works 9/10.

if not, bone her sister.

</internet advice>

Massages work wonders.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by Oblivion_Rps

She'll come round sooner or later.

Yeah, sure she will. Just keep lurking in the background and making those snippy comments about her new boyfriend, she'll notice you eventually.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Yeah, sure she will. Just keep lurking in the background and making those snippy comments about her new boyfriend, she'll notice you eventually.

Do you, um have a lot of these "friends"?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by GezzyDiversion

This is the first time I've found any of those funny. That includes the frog.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Tom 1.0
Do you, um have a lot of these "friends"?

I have a "friend" who hasn't spoken to me since I got a boyfriend, because he flipped out and was like WHAT ABOUT MEEE?? erm, what about you? We were just friends. Literally. We never even had a conversation about dating and we never interacted in any kind of romantic way so if he was "in the friend zone" it was all of his own making.

Some people are so overdramatic
The friendzone is where the "almost relationship material" guys go that have a certain quality(s) making them undesirable as mates, yet still have enough redeeming qualities to where they're kept around for lols rather than completely shunned.
Peepee on yo tittays
no. he or she will she you the same, but you'll see an image of them growing smaller and smaller as the encapsulating darkness of woe and despair descends upon you.
Quote by hawk_kst
I don't believe in the friendzone...
My girlfriend and I were best friends for about two years before we hooked up...
I've been with her three years now.
There's never a point were a relationship will NEVER happen and most couples spring up out of friendship...

Every girl I've ever been with was a friend at one point. But I'm also really attractive, so it's not likely for me to be put in the friendzone.

/truth.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
The "friendzone" is absolute bull. Every relationship I've had has developed out of a friendship, one being with my best friend. Its about whether or not the girl is interested in having something more with you, being friends and that are not mutually exclusive. Objective rules are bullshit, just use your own goddamn judgement.

But you need to tell her you are skydiving for charity. That is a requirement for success
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I have a "friend" who hasn't spoken to me since I got a boyfriend, because he flipped out and was like WHAT ABOUT MEEE?? erm, what about you? We were just friends. Literally. We never even had a conversation about dating and we never interacted in any kind of romantic way so if he was "in the friend zone" it was all of his own making.

Some people are so overdramatic

I friend zoned some girl by that reckoning too, 5 years later you think she would have gotten over it

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Break the relationship, if she can't stand being without you she will come to you, if she does nothing it's better off that way.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Ok, guys I'll share a friendzone secret...You'll first need to photoshop (MS Paint) yourself surfing with a famous musician and show your friend girl the photo, but do it smooth. Nonchalantly whip out your wallet that's tethered to your pants with a chain, making sure to let a magnum sized condom fall out. Woops. Show her that pic of you and Kirk Hammett catching a massive wave ON THE SAME BOARD!!! Goodbye friendzone, hello vaginazone.
Peepee on yo tittays
The is a well popularised ladder theory.

Source: http://www.laddertheory.com/ladderconstruction.htm

Lets say there are two ladders close together hanging above an abyss. A girl either puts you on a "friends" ladder or a "more than friends" ladder and ranked accordingly. Once in a while, a guy tries to jump from the friends ladder to the other, either by asking her out and she declines, the guy misses the other ladder and falls into the abyss where there is no way back.

In a guys mind, there is only one ladder, and every girl is ranked.

There are 3 kinds of friend zones. All 3 are similar

1)The self-dug.
Basically, you failed to interact with her in any romantic/flirty way. You put yourself here as she doesn't see you as a partner, as you never implied you wanted to be one. If you even complain about her putting you in this pit, please stay away from society.

2) Shes not interested
Basically, she isn't into you. She may still like talking to you, but she doesn't see you as a possible partner. You'll probably end up as her "best friend" or something. Complaining about this is just going to annoy her and you'll fall out. End of. She will however, introduce you to many new people, and therefore a possible suiter.

3)Oblivion.
This is the end of the line. Achieved by knuckling under and chasing after her, doing everything for her. Being that sympathetic ear after her last breakup will likely put you here. Both other friend zones can lead to here. I would recommend reclaiming dignity and moving on, possibky ignoring said girl for a while. She doesn't even see you as a male, and your liklihood of achieving anything (even getting with a friend) is minimal.
A + B / F = I

A= alcohol
B= beer googles
F= friendzone
I= intercourse

That is the proven formula for beating the friendzone. Your welcome, in advance.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Last edited by mystical_1 at Apr 20, 2011,
Yeah, I dunno. I think if the person isn't attracted to you, that's that, game over.
There's only one way out of the friendzone. And it's really simple.

STOP ACTING LIKE YOU ARE HER FRIEND. Act like you're interested.

I'm not kidding. Act like a guy around her (within reason obviously) and not a friend and she'll fall for you.
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
Quote by l3vity

3)Oblivion.
This is the end of the line. Achieved by knuckling under and chasing after her, doing everything for her. Being that sympathetic ear after her last breakup will likely put you here. Both other friend zones can lead to here. I would recommend reclaiming dignity and moving on, possibky ignoring said girl for a while. She doesn't even see you as a male, and your liklihood of achieving anything (even getting with a friend) is minimal.

I was stuck in this for 4 years. I honestly couldn't say what changed, we just randomly screwed one night, did it a few more times over a month, but honistly, I now how silly it was to chase a single girl over four years. After all that time it's not quite what you imagine, trust me, you're better off bailing as soon as you're able to and get out of that zone.
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
I managed to escape it. Just gave them the cold shoulder for a while, went out with on of their mates, jealousy kicked it and then it turns out she was the shittest girlfriend I'd ever have. Oh well, life goes on.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

There is no such thing as the friendzone.

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
you got friend zone'ed because she thought you were a nice sweet, sensitive guy.

In other words, grow some balls.
It's simple. Chicks love puppies, chocolate and clothes.
Just become a guy who design clothes for chocolate covered puppies and no woman will be able to resist you!
Alright people, Move along - there is nothing to see.
"Or so you think..."
Quote by vulgarmachine
There's only one way out of the friendzone. And it's really simple.

STOP ACTING LIKE YOU ARE HER FRIEND. Act like you're interested.

I'm not kidding. Act like a guy around her (within reason obviously) and not a friend and she'll fall for you.

This assumes that they'll inevitably be interested in you.
To escape the friend zone, you must first stop caring about the friendzone. And once you stop caring about it, it doesn't matter if you escape or not.

And that is how you succeed.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

This is true, I just wish it didn't happen like that.

It's perfectly possible to get out of the friend zone, but sometimes you're friend zoned because she doesn't like you for real. Sometimes you have to get super serial and show you're interested and sometimes she just doesn't want you.

And always being there like a little lapdog isn't showing you're interested. That's showing you're a friend. You have to actively do shit to get women interested.

Quote by CoreysMonster
To escape the friend zone, you must first stop caring about the friendzone. And once you stop caring about it, it doesn't matter if you escape or not.

And that is how you succeed.

Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Apr 20, 2011,
Page 1 of 2