i need a thrash metal guitar, on a budget of no more than 350 pounds.

i like to play a lot of megadeth, songs like holy wars etc. so that kind of tone, i live in london so am very near to a wide variety of guitar shops.

thanks guys.
Any solidbody guitar you like. Personally, I like Ibanez. But its really whatever floats your boat
Gear-Ibanex rg7321 w/dimarzio pups--->Ernie Ball Jr. Vol pedal--->TS9-->Line 6 DL4--->ADA MP-1--->Marshall 9005 poweramp--->Line6 4X12 straight cab w/v30s
Ibanez is damn good for the price you pay, but what does Mustain play without checking... dean? I think. If you want to get the same tone as Dave might invest in some pick-ups, he uses seymour duncan jb, however, (and I'm not sure how much a pound is without checking) those might cost around $150 CAN.
Quote by FreddyStrat
i need a thrash metal guitar, on a budget of no more than 350 pounds.

i like to play a lot of megadeth, songs like holy wars etc. so that kind of tone, i live in london so am very near to a wide variety of guitar shops.

thanks guys.

For a lot of years Dave Mustaine played a Jackson King V pretty much exclusively.
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Remember to not only look at the guitar, but if you already have an amp, lug it with you. You may have the same amp as the store, but ithere still may be minor sound changes in the amps. It's best to use your own amp when trying to find a guitar.
Anyway... Ibanez or ESP LTD. Either are very nice guitar, although I'm on the ESP side because of my wide variety of music (metal, heavy/hardcore, etc.) but I haven't really played Ibanez other than a 7 string which I absolutely loved.
I started to feel really proud of the fact that I was gay even though I wasn't
- Kurt Cobain
Tom just found you the guitar you want - buy it, because there's no reason to give you further advice.

Mustaine has played ESP, Dean, and Jacskon - but mostly Jackson.
I only suggest the KE3 because its bang on bugdet, well built and very well spec'd.

Not only that but Marty ( my 2nd favourite Megadeth guitarist behind Chris ) played Kellys almost exclusively.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
eh. I wouldnt touch the jackson cuz i hate compound raduis necks. But thats more personal. Love ltd necks though