I have these basic questions, i ll ask them , kindly answer them

1) Whats the difference between Major scale and major pentatonics?(nd also min nd min pentatoncis)

2) The difference between major pentatonics and minor pentatonics? (give me the number representation of the scales, like 1 3 5 6 7 for major pentatonics(if i m right))

3) U give me this number representation of the major pentatonic scale, for instance its 1 3 5 6 7 (I dont know weather its right) so the maj pentatonic scale of C will be C E G A B ? So basically the point is, major pentatonics are derived frm major scale right?

Please answer these questions number wise, nd if someone could also explain me more than these questions , pls do.
1:Major scale is Diatonic (dia=7) it has 7 different notes.
Take out 2 you have a "pentatonic scale " the most common ones to remove are the 4 and 7,
they are the semitones.
natural Minor is diatonic , most common tones to remove are 2nd and 6 to create a "pentatonic minor scale"

2:Major=1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
pentatonic major=1,2,3,5,6,8
natural minor= 1,2,b3,4,5,b6,b7,8
pentatonic minor = 1,b3,4,5,b7,8
1)
C major pentatonic- C D E G A
C minor pentatonic- C Eb F G Bb

2)
major pentatonic- 1 2 3 5 6
minor pentatonic 1 3 4 5 7

3) yes, the major pentatonic is derived form the major scale, the minor pentatonic is derived from the minor scale.
1) The major scale is the major scale, the major pentatonic scale is five notes from the major scale (namely 1-2-3-5-6).

2) The major pentatonic is derived from the major scale and the minor pentatonic is five notes of the minor scale (namely 1-3-4-5-7m of the minor scale, 1-b3-4-5-b7 when compared to the major scale).

3) Yeah, pentatonics are derived from the major or minor scale.
Major scale: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 (C D E F G A B)
Major pentatonic scale: 1 2 3 5 6 (C D E G A)
(Natural) Minor scale: 1 2 b3 4 5 b6 b7 (C D Eb F G Ab Bb)
Minor pentatonic scale: 1 b3 4 5 b7 (C Eb F G Bb)
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
I think the formulae has been covered and their relationship to the major and minor scales. I'll address in terms of application.

Major Pentatonics:

Can be used over songs in a major key. It's just the major scale with two notes removed. Most often associated with country music, but can appear in a wide variety of genres.

Minor Pentatonics:

Can be used over songs in both major or minor keys. Over songs in a minor key it functions as the minor scale with two notes removed. Over songs in a major key it functions as the major scale with accidentals, namely the b3 and b7. These notes played over a major key result in the sound most commonly associated with blues or rock music. However you can find it in a wide variety of genres.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
I'm gonna answer in simple terms. If I was a beginner, I'd have no clue what you guys are on about

1. So here's a model for C major

C D E F G A B
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

It has 7 notes

A major pentatonic has 5 notes. The 4th and 7th notes are removed

C D E G A
1 2 3 5 6

Major pentatonic is:

1 2 3 5 6

Minor pentatonic just starts on the 6th. Easiest way to remember.

3. Yes, major pentatonic is derived from the major scale.
You were wrong with the numbers
It's 1 2 3 5 6
So a C pentatonic scale would be C D E G A
Notice how it is also a minor pentatonic when played starting on an A
A C D E G
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!