http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/apr/20/iphone-tracking-prompts-privacy-fears

Does this bother any iphone users or is it just another 'feature' that we shouldn't care about unless we've got something to hide?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
If I could access this file, it would really help me. I've had some particularly messy nights, were I would like awfully to know where I've been.
Quote by Sherlock_Bones
If I could access this file, it would really help me. I've had some particularly messy nights, were I would like awfully to know where I've been.

http://petewarden.github.com/iPhoneTracker/

tell us how accurate it is please.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I don't care. Who the hell is gonna track a 16 year old idiot?
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
That's really accurate and really scary
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Quote by Snowman388

your parents?

your mates for a laugh?

girlfriend/boyfriend?

crazy ex?

Quote by element4433
I'm on Tesco Mobile so my phone can't track my location... and I don't have iOS 4. But if someone wanted to know where I've been, that's fine by me...
Quote by Lemoninfluence
your parents?

your mates for a laugh?

girlfriend/boyfriend?

crazy ex?

Nobody cares that much.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
I'm just wondering why anyone would bother to see how many video texts people have of horse pr0n or whatever shit you're gonna find on the average person's phone.

Quote by LRCGUITAR
I'm on Tesco Mobile so my phone can't track my location... and I don't have iOS 4. But if someone wanted to know where I've been, that's fine by me...

Even if you've been to a hooker? And you don't want your significant other to find out?
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Apr 20, 2011,
had an iphone for two years, always loved it.

really dont give a shit about privacy
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I'm just wondering why anyone would bother to see how many video texts people have of horse pr0n or whatever shit you're gonna find on the average person's phone.

Just because somebody spends a lot of time down in the stables, doesn't mean the whack it off to Red Rum.
It's shocking the amount of people that apparently don't care that everywhere they go is being monitored. What if you need to take a day off work and your employers snoop on where you go to make sure that you are where you say you are. Your parents tracking you, what if a stalker gets hold of that information?
Quote by Snowman388

In London all 16 year olds have guns and swords. Would make finding murders a lot easier.

PSN ID: ArranP
Quote by JackalUK
It's shocking the amount of people that apparently don't care that everywhere they go is being monitored. What if you need to take a day off work and your employers snoop on where you go to make sure that you are where you say you are. Your parents tracking you, what if a stalker gets hold of that information?

Lemme guess, even if the phone was turned off for that particular day you were "sick", it would still somehow record the data in the OSs' file system?
Quote by JackalUK

You're being monitored by...yourself.

The only concern would be if your computer was stolen - in which case the person who had it would only know where you've been. They couldn't track you in the future with it.

How on earth would your employers track you? Have you even read the story?
to those who don't care, what happens if you lose your phone or it's stolen?

someone now has access to everywhere you've been. The place you most often visit is most likely your home, your usual route to work/school is on there, the location of family and friend's homes etc.

Now if that ends up in the hands of a mildy techno-capable person with less than honest intentions, they now have at least one house to rob which is apparently well off enough to own an iphone.

Quote by BumbleBoned
You're being monitored by...yourself.

The only concern would be if your computer was stolen - in which case the person who had it would only know where you've been. They couldn't track you in the future with it.

How on earth would your employers track you? Have you even read the story?

or your phone.

I assume you've never lost a mobile phone.

Quote by element4433
I had my phone stolen in January, but the irony is, I found my phone thanks to the tracking app, which I'm guessing uses the data from this.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
to those who don't care, what happens if you lose your phone or it's stolen?

someone now has access to everywhere you've been. The place you most often visit is most likely your home, your usual route to work/school is on there, the location of family and friend's homes etc.

Now if that ends up in the hands of a mildy techno-capable person with less than honest intentions, they now have at least one house to rob which is apparently well off enough to own an iphone.

Time stamps also tell them when you might be at work/school. So when less people are likely to be home. Easier to rob your home.