Alright, how many riffs would you guys say you should put in a Thrash Metal/fast Death metal song? I mean I guess it gets boring if it doesen't change enough, what do you guys think?
Thrash and Death are like day and night in that sence.
Thrash I'd say 3-5, memorable and powerfull, while Death should have more than 5, probably around 8 or so as its usually more technical and changes more often.
It can also easily be twice as fast.

Its all a matter of opinion though, just do what feels right.
Quote by Namaste196
This one.

E-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-...

*Insert hilarious quote here.*
PS: i like the fact that you name yourself after the lead guitarist who replaced the guitarist that wrote your albumcover(avatar)
Quote by GidBass
PS: i like the fact that you name yourself after the lead guitarist who replaced the guitarist that wrote your albumcover(avatar)

Ok... so what are you trying to do...show off the fact that you know Dave Mustaine was in Metallica?
on a serious note i'd say something around four. Try not to make them too similar as this is where many songs of that genre start to go down hill
*Insert hilarious quote here.*
Quote by kerkhammet
Ok... so what are you trying to do...show off the fact that you know Dave Mustaine was in Metallica?

I'll be totally honest with you:
I think you were a metallica fan when you enlisted on this website, hence the name.
Later you found out megadeth is at least equally cool, hence the album cover.

It's just a little storyline that developed in my head when looking at the coincidence. No offence, happened to me as well.
Quote by GidBass
I'll be totally honest with you:
I think you were a metallica fan when you enlisted on this website, hence the name.
Later you found out megadeth is at least equally cool, hence the album cover.

It's just a little storyline that developed in my head when looking at the coincidence. No offence, happened to me as well.

Nah man I liked Megadeth before I liked any other metal band, I was into rock before that. I saw Megadeth at Download 2010 and it got me into metal. just chose the name because I was listening to Metallica while I was trying to think of a name.
You're in the Recordings forum by the way.
This belongs in Songwriting(Or something like that.).

*reported for move*
..I was watching my death.