Page 1 of 3
...and you happen to be the only guy who got a good look at their face. They know this and take your ID so they can find you if you talk and offer you $100,000 to stay quiet. It's a bribe/threat, what would you do?

Also, to add to it, what if they don't threaten you and just bribe you? What if they threaten you without the bribe?
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
I take the bribe if they do bribe me and do nothing if they don't.

It's money that's insured who really cares?
Take the bribe. Seems like a win win. They'll probably end up getting caught anyway

And if they didn't threaten me... and offered me the bribe, I'd be like "sure bro," then I'd click the reported button and lol as they were banned.
1996 Fender American Telecaster
Schecter Omen 6
VOX AC-15
Alvarez PF2005
1985 PROCO RAT II
BOSS DS-1, DD3, SD-1, TU-3, NS-2
Danelectro Overdrive
Jimi Hendrix Wah
EHX LPB-1
MXR Supercomp
Quote by Greenie_777
I take the bribe if they do bribe me and do nothing if they don't.

It's money that's insured who really cares?

Well, technically it makes you an accessory after.
Quote by tayroar
Well, technically it makes you an accessory after.

Only if I get caught.
In Soviet Russia, the bank robs you.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Keep my mouth shut. A bank's too impersonal, maybe if it was a murder I'd tell the police.

take the cash. then wait until the police is offering money for clues on them. then go to the police tell them everything and get even more cash.

now this is WIN-WIN
Quote by SG_dave
I wouldn't tak the cash as long as i didn't fear for my life. If i honestly felt like they would kill me i'd take the cash, but still go running to the cops with the cash as evidence.

They're men who just robbed a bank and now have your address off of your ID. You're the only one who saw them well enough to identify them, so if it comes back to them they'll think there's a good chance you did it.
Turn them in. Seeing the right course and ignoring it is the mark of a coward.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I'd accept. I don't fancy the idea of living my life in fear of these robbers killing me and my family because I testified against them. I also would really, really like that money.

Besides, the bank itself is really just a gang of thieves as well.
Quote by strat0blaster
Turn them in. Seeing the right course and ignoring it is the mark of a coward.

Yeah but you don't know who these guys are. They could be organized crime (which would seem likely if they rob a bank) or they could be just a band of theives, either way, you know they are amoral enough to rob a bank, and they have your name and address.
Quote by tayroar
Yeah but you don't know who these guys are. They could be organized crime (which would seem likely if they rob a bank) or they could be just a band of theives, either way, you know they are amoral enough to rob a bank, and they have your name and address.

Only cowards care about the well being of their family and living space.
there is no honour among theives. i would not take the money and i would still tell on them.

theres nothing stopping them from killing me either way, they have my id and im the only one who saw them. if it was armed robbery (which if its a bank, it probably was), that carries a pretty hefty jail sentence. how do i know they aren't crazy enough to silence the only witness anyways as a precaution?
my job rules. ROCKWORLDEAST

Quote by GisleAune
She is new to the internet, it seems, because there's nothing between extreme love and furious hate here, sadly.
I would lie, take the money and tell.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Even if you took the money what would you do with it? You can't spend it because if you start getting things that your friends know you can't afford they'll start asking questions. Which means you'd have to kill your friends. And that would suck.
My rig: ESP Eclipse II --> bulk amount of pedals --> Orange Rockerverb 50w
to everyone saying they would take the money and tell, the police would not let you keep the money, and surely it would come up sometime during the investigation, trial or interrogation??

and if you hid the fact they gave it to you, and it came out that they bribed you, which it surely would, you would be in legal trouble too.

i can't imagine a scenario in this situation where you keep the money, tell on them, and get to keep the money. it just wouldn't happen.
my job rules. ROCKWORLDEAST

Quote by GisleAune
She is new to the internet, it seems, because there's nothing between extreme love and furious hate here, sadly.
Quote by rotten_days
there is no honour among theives. i would not take the money and i would still tell on them.

theres nothing stopping them from killing me either way, they have my id and im the only one who saw them. if it was armed robbery (which if its a bank, it probably was), that carries a pretty hefty jail sentence. how do i know they aren't crazy enough to silence the only witness anyways as a precaution?

That's a good point, you don't know if they'll just silence you anyways. Still, I'd rather play it safe than sorry. Also, to those who are saying they'd take the money and tell, do you not think they'll figure it out when they make you testify? And the court can make you testify.
i saw a movie about 4 months ago which was basically based on this, i think it was called the town

i'd take the 100k if they offered it me, but i carry around a fake id anyway so they'd be going to abdul rahman jabar's house in 12 runawizzle lane. not joking
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Quote by darkcheef
Why would they let the only eye witness to the crime live?

If you're robbing a bank and kill someone there, it only draws more attention to the crime, which would be the opposite of what you want.
Quote by tayroar
If you're robbing a bank and kill someone there, it only draws more attention to the crime, which would be the opposite of what you want.

I'd imagine that they would kill you later down the road so you can't snitch

Well, that's what someone who's cautious would do. You're dead either way in this situation
Quote by captaincrunk
Not to mention it is murder.

Well, in for a penny, in for a dollar. I don't know what the sentence for grand larceny is compared to murder, and if they murder you down the road it's first degree, but if they murder you there it's second degree.

And you bring up and excellent point, I mean, you don't really know, you might be completely screwed either way.
Quote by tayroar
Well, in for a penny, in for a dollar. I don't know what the sentence for grand larceny is compared to murder, and if they murder you down the road it's first degree, but if they murder you there it's second degree.

And you bring up and excellent point, I mean, you don't really know, you might be completely screwed either way.

If they murder you then and there it is first degree felony murder (murder while committing another felony). It would actually be worse.
Quote by tayroar

Quote by blake1221
Only cowards care about the well being of their family and living space.

Yeah you guys are right. They definitely wouldn't strike me as the kind of people who would kill a liability like an eye witness that could positively ID them. I'm sure they'd not only let the sole witness live, but also reward them with a bunch of money, and then leave them untouched and unscathed.

/sarcasm.

/naivete out of fear for your life.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by captaincrunk
If they murder you then and there it is first degree felony murder (murder while committing another felony). It would actually be worse.

First degree implies it would be premeditated, second degree is when you don't go in intending to murder someone, I thought.
Quote by strat0blaster
Yeah you guys are right. They definitely wouldn't strike me as the kind of people who would kill a liability like an eye witness that could positively ID them. I'm sure they'd not only let the sole witness live, but also reward them with a bunch of money, and then leave them untouched and unscathed.

/sarcasm.

/naivete out of fear for your life.

Maybe they are protesting against bankers in the banking crisis and don't want to hurt anyone?
i start backin' up backin' up backin' up backin' up... because my daddy taught me good!
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Greenie_777
Maybe they are protesting against bankers in the banking crisis and don't want to hurt anyone?

Or maybe they want to minimize their exposure. I mean, on one hand, you would be a loose thread, on the other hand, they may want avoid further illegal activity.
Quote by tayroar
First degree implies it would be premeditated, second degree is when you don't go in intending to murder someone, I thought.

Felony murder removes that requirement. Even if someone dies while you're committing a felony (say, has a heart attack) you're still on the hook.
I'd talk, but I wouldn't tell them in advance. So I'd probably turn that $50.000 bribe in to the police and tell them "They tried to bribe me with this, shall we make a drawing now?"

Also, my ID doesn't mention my address,and I'm not in the phone book, so I won't worry.
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
Quote by Gammas1
I'd talk, but I wouldn't tell them in advance. So I'd probably turn that $50.000 bribe in to the police and tell them "They tried to bribe me with this, shall we make a drawing now?"

Also, my ID doesn't mention my address,and I'm not in the phone book, so I won't worry.

Your ID doesn't have your address? Where are you from? In the US they have all our mailing information on them.
Page 1 of 3