Page 1 of 3
If an actual alien was discovered I doubt it would become public knowledge very quickly or easily.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Michael Jackson's been dead for ages dude.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
It's either a silicon mold, a legitimate alien, or a small child from several thousand years ago perserved in the ice. Kind've like the "Iceman" they found a while back.

Edit: I doubt it's a legitmate alien.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Last edited by Robbin'TheHood at Apr 20, 2011,
I'm pretty cynical that all the "aliens" people seem to find are almost identical to humans just with different shaped bones.

Chances of them evolving like us are pretty damn slim.
if that thing was fake, it looks like an extremely expensive and realistic looking body. seems legit to me.

edit:

Quote by Greenie_777
I'm pretty cynical that all the "aliens" people seem to find are almost identical to humans just with different shaped bones.

Chances of them evolving like us are pretty damn slim.

are they slim though? i mean, one of the main reasons we evolved into thinking, reasoning beings is because we had opposable thumbs and no means of self defense other than whatever tools we could create. it sort of makes sense that they would look more similar to us and not some kind of animal-like creature.
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Last edited by frozen_soul at Apr 20, 2011,
was anyone else just expecting it to jump up and grab the camera guy?

Looks pretty realistic, but again never and HD footage or sensible "lets keep the body and send a tiny bit to get tested and see what happens"

I doubt its a real alien, but it would be cool if it was

PSN ID: ArranP
Damn ET has a better rack then I thought.
"I have good eye-sight, insight, and foresight. How could an
intelligent hare make such a silly mistake?"

Wow, it's convenient that aliens apparently look exactly how they've been portrayed in the media since the 1950s
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
It is actually chicken skin and bread. Not joking. The guy who shoot the video confirms that it is fake.
Quote by frozen_soul
are they slim though? i mean, one of the main reasons we evolved into thinking, reasoning beings is because we had opposable thumbs and no means of self defense other than whatever tools we could create. it sort of makes sense that they would look more similar to us and not some kind of animal-like creature.

Well actually it's believed man developed into thinking after several generations fed on magic mushrooms they found in the woods. (That actually is a real theory )
Quote by space aids
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

Quote by SlinkyBlue

Wow, it's convenient that aliens apparently look exactly how they've been portrayed in the media since the 1950s

To be fair, if the UFOers were correct, then they would look that way and always have, and that's why the media has portrayed them that way.
Quote by frozen_soul
if that thing was fake, it looks like an extremely expensive and realistic looking body. seems legit to me.

edit:

Well if they lived on a planet that was identical to ours then it would be believable but then again what are the chances of that?
It looks just like all the other fake aliens. If someone really wants to cause a stir, they need to make something new, that no one has ever seen before.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by frozen_soul

Quote by skateralle
It is actually chicken skin and bread. Not joking. The guy who shoot the video confirms that it is fake.

Quote by Greenie_777
Well if they lived on a planet that was identical to ours then it would be believable but then again what are the chances of that?

in order for life to be possible on a planet certain conditions have to be met, like it has to have water and oxygen and has to be a certain distance from it's star, etc. it wouldn't be surprising if there was an earth-like world out there.

edit: there's no way that thing is made of chicken skin and bread
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Quote by biga29
It looks just like all the other fake aliens. If someone really wants to cause a stir, they need to make something new, that no one has ever seen before.

Like an alien with tiger blood and tyrannasaurus DNA? Or it has 5 five sardine heads on top of a house cats body?
Quote by space aids
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

Quote by frozen_soul
in order for life to be possible on a planet certain conditions have to be met, like it has to have water and oxygen and has to be a certain distance from it's star, etc. it wouldn't be surprising if there was an earth-like world out there.

You could have aliens that don't need oxygen to live

Just saiyan, anything's possible
Quote by darkcheef
You could have aliens that don't need oxygen to live

Just saiyan, anything's possible

Couldn't they see in infra red vision like in that movie predator?
Quote by space aids
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

Seriously. Who's to say that Aliens are even carbon-based life forms?

What if they don't even register on the visible spectrum of light that we can see?
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by frozen_soul

edit:

Yes, they are slim. We did not evolve into thinking, reasoning beings because we had opposable thumbs, the two are completely independent, random mutations. Yes, opposable thumbs were a useful adaptation that helped us get the high protein diet we needed to support a large brain, but having opposable thumbs does not lead to increased brain size. Crabs have opposable thumbs, and birds can use tools. I believe both of these fit your 'animal-like creature' description, as do humans. We are animals too, and conscious thought is not adequate to 'separate' us from other 'lower' animals.

That said, this video is most likely fake. I'm not saying extraterrestrial life doesn't exist, it almost surely does, however, the chances that extraterrestrial life would be recognizable to us is extremely slim, as is the probability that they would come to earth. If extraterrestrial life exists nearby, it would not be tolerant of the same conditions as we are. Likely, they would use nitrogen or sulphur as their cellular energy, and they would have high iron contents, because the evolution of plants is the only reason we have atmospheric oxygen on earth. This means they would oxidize on contact with our atmosphere, and would completely corrode. They probably would have come from either a colder or warmer planet than we do, so their tissues (if they have tissues) would be unable to cope with our temperatures, they would freeze or boil. So, the chances we would find extraterrestrial life, be able to identify it as life, and have it remain on our planet in an unaltered form is rare enough that it will not happen in any of our lifetimes.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Quote by Robbin'TheHood
Well actually it's believed man developed into thinking after several generations fed on magic mushrooms they found in the woods. (That actually is a real theory )

Eh, I find that theory more plausible than the theory that aliens happened to evolve into similar creatures, which then became capable of space travel, and decided to come to this one little planet for whatever purpose.

Yeah... The chances of that actually happening are so low it makes creationism look good.

But yeah, Terrence Mckenna came up with some weird theories.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
What if they don't even register on the visible spectrum of light that we can see?

Uhh, that's just plain not likely. Not many physically strong (able to manipulate other physical objects) things are transparent...
It's a chicken.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
who says its dead?
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by captaincrunk
Uhh, that's just plain not likely. Not many physically strong (able to manipulate other physical objects) things are transparent...

I think opaque things can reflect multiple frequencies at the same time including ones belonging to infrared and ultraviolet spectrum.
Quote by captaincrunk

...Air? Water? Have you seen the strength of pneumatic pistons? Sea stars use a water vascular system (they have no muscle tissue), and they can pry open clams. I'd like to see you do that to a live clam. Yes, these both have visible containers, but the containers are only visible because they're carbon based, so when light reflects off them, it releases wavelengths that our carbon based eyes can pick up. If they were helium or arsenic based, we would not be able to see the wavelengths that they emit, so they would appear colorless.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Last edited by muse-ik at Apr 20, 2011,
Quote by muse-ik
...Air? Water? Have you seen the strength of pneumatic pistons? Sea stars use a water vascular system (they have no muscle tissue), and they can pry open clams. I'd like to see you do that to a live clam. Yes, these both have visible containers, but the containers are only visible because their carbon based, so when light reflects off them, it releases wavelengths that our carbon based eyes can pick up. If they were helium or arsenic based, we would not be able to see the wavelengths that they emit, so they would appear colorless.

Colorless, but not really invisible. It just plain isn't likely.

EDIT: And pneumatic pistons have solid, not invisible materials. It just seems extremely unlikely and unnecessary. Even water has some color.
Last edited by captaincrunk at Apr 20, 2011,
Quote by muse-ik
...Air? Water? Have you seen the strength of pneumatic pistons? Sea stars use a water vascular system (they have no muscle tissue), and they can pry open clams. I'd like to see you do that to a live clam. Yes, these both have visible containers, but the containers are only visible because they're carbon based, so when light reflects off them, it releases wavelengths that our carbon based eyes can pick up. If they were helium or arsenic based, we would not be able to see the wavelengths that they emit, so they would appear colorless.

Then explain why I can see things that aren't carbon-based, like, I don't know, metal?
why do they even give these dumbasses attention...
if a ****ing ufo hurtled into the earth, there would be nothing left. and the ****ing commies wouldnt be so calm about it
Quote by frozen_soul

edit:

Yes. Close to impossibly slim.

Quote by muse-ik

...wat?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Apr 20, 2011,
Quote by SlayingDragons
Then explain why I can see things that aren't carbon-based, like, I don't know, metal?

Because metal's magnetic.

****ing magnets.

Page 1 of 3