Budget? - $300 for the pair.

Genres? - Rock, blues rock, metal, jazz, shred

I like the chord definition and lead tone as demonstrated in this video at about 7:03 - to the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T1CziZwHQQ

New or Used? - Used preferably. The budget listed below is probably the max I can spend on a new pair.

Closest City? - Seattle, WA. Can order online.

Current Gear? - PRS SE Hollowbody, JCA50H through an open back Orange 2x12 with V30's.

I'm really looking to get some more chord definition through some overdrive. I can achieve it with some low gain on my JCA50H, but when I get some nice chord definition, I don't have enough gain for leads. Am I correct in thinking that my pickups are muddying up chord definition under a bit more gain? Should I looking at something like P90's?

Thanks.
PM to contact me -- For Sale:
ESP X-Tone series hard case
Big Muff Pi
MXR 10 Band EQ (maybe)
Boss RV-3
You may like WCR Fillmores. They're in your budget and they have great clarity while having a nice bit of heat to them.

http://www.wcrguitar.com/fillmore.html

They're a tad pricey, but still in your price range. They pop up used every now and then as well for cheaper.
Last edited by al112987 at Apr 20, 2011,
What you really need, is a new Amp.

But seriously, like said above, WCR Fillmores could be the right ones for you.
Quote by iNS4Ne1304
What you really need, is a new Amp.

But seriously, like said above, WCR Fillmores could be the right ones for you.

^ This guy has never even heard of WCR Fillmores but is trying to not sound like a dick for using a meme.

REGGIE
You might want to consider converting that cab of yours to a closed-back one. Helps with definition regarding the lows. If your problem is more about stuff fizzing out in the mids/treble-regions, ignore this post.
Quote by LeakyFlask
^ This guy has never even heard of WCR Fillmores but is trying to not sound like a dick for using a meme.

Caught.
Was quite obvious, huh =D
Last edited by iNS4Ne1304 at Apr 20, 2011,
Quote by TheQuailman
You might want to consider converting that cab of yours to a closed-back one. Helps with definition regarding the lows. If your problem is more about stuff fizzing out in the mids/treble-regions, ignore this post.

I can only describe it as of gain and chord definition not agreeing with each other. I've heard it described as "strings are fighting with each other" by FastRedPonyCar on youtube.

Will look into the WCR's, but I'm still excited to hear more suggestions. Did anyone even listen to the video?
Big Muff Pi
MXR 10 Band EQ (maybe)
Boss RV-3
Bump... and I meant semi hollowbody for the prs.
Big Muff Pi
MXR 10 Band EQ (maybe)
Boss RV-3
Bump again? Anyone?
Big Muff Pi
MXR 10 Band EQ (maybe)
Boss RV-3
Most pickups that you can find in that price range are going to be just fine as far as clarity goes. It's really impossible to tell you specifics on what you're hearing in that video. How a pickup sounds in a guitar is variable (obviously) and trying to tell you what you are hearing is an extremely inexact science. You're probably not going to be able to get that lead sound in that video if you don't have the same guitar, or the same amp, same pedals, and the same recording setup.

If you want to look at some other makers in your price range, look at options from Motor City, Bareknuckle, Seymour Duncan's Custom Shop (the '78 and Brobucker are really good), really there are a ton of good versatile pickups out there...