I play guitar in a funk/blues band with a saxophone player, bassist and drummer. What would do to record ourselves and how would we go about it?
Ps the cheaper the better
I would record to computer via audio interface. Use a DAW (rec. software) such as Reaper. Then I would just record on part at a time. Recording at the same time would require a lot of mics (especially for the drummer). Depending on how much equipment you have, it may be easier to record plugging your guitar/bass directly into the interface than trying to mic them.
what kind of quality are you looking for?

keep in mind that quality does not equal cheap especially when it comes to drums.
medium quality as we are all still at school, thanks for your help
Everything but the drums is easy (relatively) to record. you would need Audio interface with 2 inputs - one for guitar, one for mic. Depending on the desired quality, either record guitar straight through guitar input using Digital Audio Workstation (Reaper would be the best choice for the quality you need), or through Mic input using same DAW.

For drums... you would need a mixer with multiple inputs and multiple microphones...

Or, you can use midi drums to sequence or "fake" drum track just for the sake of recording.

You can get away with about $200 worth of gear to create a decent track, all you need is to learn how to use DAW
For drums... you would need a mixer with multiple inputs and multiple microphones...

Or, you can use midi drums to sequence or "fake" drum track just for the sake of recording.

You can get away with about $200 worth of gear to create a decent track, all you need is to learn how to use DAW

yea thats how i do my stuff and yea its just better for sound and moneys sake unless you got the bones and know how, drums just get lost it will also save on time after you get the hang of it