Im thinking of getting a tiny terror and a marshall 1960 b cab with it and im wondering if you guys think itll be lound enough for gigging even if it isnt mic'ed ? i know the clean wont be loud enough but i dont really use cleans live
what do you play?
how big is the area you play in?
howmuch people?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
you wanna buy the TT for that?

i think a 333 ( XL ) will suit you better ( or some better amps used.. )

i think 100-300 people a 15W amp isn't anough..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
I've done it...
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
Quote by canuckboss
max around 100-300 and just classic rock / modern rock and a little metal
Not a chance. Not unless you want to sound like a pussy.

Seriously, the Thunder 30 is not that much more money and will cope better. That is if you're set on Orange and the unique tone they all seem to produce.
15 watts is pushing it for that. Look into something with a bit more wattage. Like the Thunder 30 mentioned above.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
well from what i understand 10 watts would be half as loud as 100 and live most 100 watt stacks only go to 5ish and the tt has 15 watts so you prob run it to 8 or 9 and it would be as loud right ?
It all depends on the amp - but 15 watts doesn't really cut it. I've only played on the TT through a 1x12 and thats loud enough to play with a band...but its near maxing it out. Maybe a 4x12 could get it a bit louder - but you should ideally want something bigger. Unless you're mic'd, then you're good to go.

Keep in mind you will not have anything resembling undistorted tones with the volume maxed out.
and i realized i exaggerated on how many people are at my gigs its pretty much always under 100 , closer to 50
( i thought it was more till i thought about it )
I had the TT. It was good for band practise but for gigs I don't think it'll quite cut it to be honest. I could dime it in my house without the neighbours complaining. It also wasn't very versatile. I got it in November last year and have already upgraded it. It was a nice sound and a very good amp for what it is but it just didn't do what I wanted it to. Look into other options too
My band's guitarist uses one and we've played gigs that size with it unmiced, through a 212, with the volume around half, sometimes higher. But from what you said earlier I think you'll be a bit too compromised, especially in terms of playing metal, with a TT. It's your choice, if you really like that sound then go for it, or get a thunder 30 or dual terror. But I'd probably look for something else.
Quote by canuckboss
well from what i understand 10 watts would be half as loud as 100 and live most 100 watt stacks only go to 5ish and the tt has 15 watts so you prob run it to 8 or 9 and it would be as loud right ?
That's just a very general estimate. It is not something you should base your opinion on.

The TT at eight or nine is quiet enough to have a conversation over a couple of meters away. My 50 watt Soldano into a 2x12 on five is not. It produces a lot more bass and presence due to the massive transformers and power tubes (amongst other things) and cancels out more frequencies.

It seems that you want the Tiny Terror to be the perfect amp for you because the sound clips or whatever sound kick-ass. Which is great, so maybe you should try out the Dual Terror or the Thunder 30. They are essentially a very similar thing but with more power and more oumph.

I personally wouldn't gig with my 30 watt Fryette Memphis even if it were to a tiny crowd of about 50 people. The cleans would disappear completely and the poweramp distortion would be too much for what I play. To play over a heavy drummer, a raucous crowd and a screaming vocalist, you need a powerful amplifier. Not just to be heard but to sound good.

People often - and understandably so - mistake good tone with a cranked amp. That may be true in the studio and at home but it does not always translate into a live environment, as there are too many factors to consider. A good sounding amp live is about presence and a TT does not quite offer that.