Poll: what is your favorite guitar type ??
Poll Options
View poll results: what is your favorite guitar type ??
Stratocaster
69 37%
Telecaster
51 28%
Acoustic
41 22%
Les Paul
74 40%
SG
31 17%
ES ( the whole series)
24 13%
shred guitar ( ibanez JEM type )
63 34%
Voters: 185.
Page 1 of 2
which type of guitar do you crave to own, which guitar do you enjoy listenening to, which guitar play well in your hands, which has the best tone ???
one of the very few Dutchmen on this site
I love SG's, have an SG but I would love to own a PRS Mira. I think they could possibly dethrone my gibson.
Totally in love with my les paul. Tight sound, ridiculous versatility.

I once heard someone say you can make a fender strat sound like a les paul, but you cant get a les paul to sound like a strat.

I'd love to hear any strat get the chugs and natural grit like a les paul, i've heard some strats that make me think 'its close' by using pedals etc, but really its just not the same. Two great guitars, i hate people say one is better - which is why i have both, but i still love my LP more - its GOLD.
Always waiting for that bit of inspiration.
Last edited by W4T3V3R at Apr 20, 2011,
None of the above?
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
i have never played a gibson or an epiphone thats way i can;t vouch for them, but i do love the tone !!!
Superstrat.

Anybody want a pic overload?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Rhoads style V's and Explorers

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Fenders (Strats) for electric and Martins for acoustic.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Rhoads V's should get a poll vote. or at least make a poll slot for "pointy guitars."
SG all the way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHellraiser
Go into Guitar Center and tell them you are willing to spend $3000 on as many Spider and MG half stacks as they can give you.
None of the above.

Silly question. A much better question: "what guitars do you want?" and no poll.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Explorers and Les Pauls. Hold on, I already have both..........
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Telecasters, ES 335, and PRS Custom 24 for me.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by W4T3V3R
Totally in love with my les paul. Tight sound, ridiculous versatility.

I once heard someone say you can make a fender strat sound like a les paul, but you cant get a les paul to sound like a strat.

I'd love to hear any strat get the chugs and natural grit like a les paul, i've heard some strats that make me think 'its close' by using pedals etc, but really its just not the same. Two great guitars, i hate people say one is better - which is why i have both, but i still love my LP more - its GOLD.

My strat can.
Telecaster
Explorer
Les Paul, but I actually prefer the ESP EC series to the Gibsons. Likewise I prefer the EXs to Gibson explorers.
Either way, I chose those 3 mostly due to aesthetics.
Among those, Les Paul. But I prefer double horn type guitars, like Schecter C-1's and PRS Customs. Just never really was in to Strats.
special ii, burgundy wine colored. Plane as a pimp. rosewood/mahoganoy neck. I just like classical shaped guitars. Strats, Les Pauls ES's ect.
Quote by Zoot Allures
This, all the guitars in the list are classic designs but they're so popular they've become boring by now because everyone and their dog has a one or a copy of one, so i'd vote for 'other' if possible.

you make an interesting point indeed sir ....
Quote by bokma
Ibanez RG.

The Jem is kind of gay IMHO.

how can a guitar be homosexual in any way?

your ignorant.

Ibanez Jem
*enters thread*
*sees various electric guitartypes, accompanied by 'acoustic'*
*well fuck that*
*leaves*

Do you really, really think that there is only one type of acoustic guitar TS?
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
my fender strat -> best guitar i've ever played, including top end fenders, gibsons and ibby's. it's "the one" that just feels 'perfect' in your hands!
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Well I'm a PRS person myself, because I think they're really good well-rounded guitars, but I can't deny the thick tone of a Les Paul or the crisp of a Stratocaster. I also like Telecasters.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Page 1 of 2