Hey guys.. Bought my pod like a month ago and I haven't got ONE decent Metal tone imo.. All i get is great clean sounds and Rock lead tones but I can't get a high gain death metal tone. This is starting to piss me off.. I can't it get it to sound CLEAR even when I have my treble at max and bass at 3 and mid at 3. It sounds KINDA like I'm playing outside a closed room but the amplifier is in the room..

Please help me someone.. I Don't have a midi cable yet so the programs won't work.
how much gain are you using?

Check out my band! Endeavor

Fender American Deluxe Telecaster (little 59')
Peavey 5150 II
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Monster Power Pro 900
Korg Pitchblack Pro
Sennheiser EW 172 Wireless
Carvin 6 space rack
Increase your mids and presence
Quote by TheQuailman
I wish my amp sucked on my knob.

if you were to smash a child around the head with a full bottle of no more tears shampoo...would it be ironic if they cried
thats part of your problem. most times any gain after 50% just adds noise as opposed to actual distortion. what kind of pickups are in the guitar you're using?

Try putting your bass at 50% , the treble at 60%, mids at 40% and gain at 60%.
keep in mind that I've never used a POD...so my suggestions may be worthless lol.

Check out my band! Endeavor

Fender American Deluxe Telecaster (little 59')
Peavey 5150 II
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Monster Power Pro 900
Korg Pitchblack Pro
Sennheiser EW 172 Wireless
Carvin 6 space rack
Quote by New_Crisis
thats part of your problem. most times any gain after 50% just adds noise as opposed to actual distortion. what kind of pickups are in the guitar you're using?

Try putting your bass at 50% , the treble at 60%, mids at 40% and gain at 60%.
keep in mind that I've never used a POD...so my suggestions may be worthless lol.

Yeah the Pod is way harder than an ordiniary amp.. i tried your settings and it sounjds worse ;(
What are you talking about? It does all kinds of metal. Use the insane model or the rectifier model... fiddle with the EQ, crank the gain. Go to Line6's website and download a bunch of patches and load them up. I used that thing for years (since they very first came out) and it does all kinds of high gain stuff.