So, guidance counselors. my idiotic parents are making me see one, and it's pissing me off. Do gc's piss anyone else off?
i've been seeing mine for the past 4 weeks and everything's gone downhill since then. and life was going quite well before that! Jesus, i hate my ****ing family
what exactly has this guidance counsellor done that's made your life worse?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I do believe the whole thing wouldn't be an issue if there wasn't already problems in the first place
Quote by Lemoninfluence
what exactly has this guidance counsellor done that's made your life worse?

indirectly lowered my self esteem
a lot of times parents will take kids who have nothing wrong with them and send them to a guidance councilor. it could defffinately make someone's mental health go downjill with everyone looking at htem going 'you have issues, you're not normal'
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by the_perdestrian
a lot of times parents will take kids who have nothing wrong with them and send them to a guidance councilor. it could defffinately make someone's mental health go downjill with everyone looking at htem going 'you have issues, you're not normal'

this

s'exactly what's happenin to my gf..
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
They're just there to help. Trust me, I can speak from experience, if something is bothering you then it's best to speak to someone. And a guidance counselor is probably one of the best people who can help you, because they wont judge you like your friends/family might, they probably have a lot of experience and you dont have to pay them.
Quote by Masamune
Why do your parents want you to see the GC and how is it indirectly lowering your self esteem?

well i told them i'm no longer mormon about 5 weeks ago and a few days later they sent me to one so i'm thinking that's why.
And seeing a GC makes me feel like i need 'help' and i hate feeling low and needy like that
Last edited by Mark Roxx at Apr 20, 2011,
Quote by Mark Roxx
well i told them i'm no longer mormon about 5 weeks ago and a few days later they sent me to one so i'm thinking that's why.
And seeing a GC makes me feel like i need 'help' and i hate feeling low and needy like that

Ask your parents to explain how magnets work... and when the can't, send them to the guidance counsellor!
Quote by Yakult
Shooting mice is the equivalent to smoking weed: it's fun and seemingly harmless, but before you know it, you're shooting smack into every vein and murdering children left right and center.

GeEbZ.
Quote by Geebz
Ask your parents to explain how magnets work... and when the can't, send them to the guidance counsellor!

good plan
Quote by Mark Roxx

Pretty sure your bill of rights has an ammendment giving you freedom from religion, bring that up any time they feel like mention it.
Quote by Mark Roxx

Ah, mormons.

No further explanation required.
Quote by Mark Roxx

It seems as though you just have crazy, controlling parents if you don't mind me saying. Tell your dad and your mothers that you want to be your own person and don't believe you should follow someone who went and created a religion from eating some plant in the woods and subsequently getting high and talking to God.
I agree with daviddo442, they're there to help you. Obviously if they don't help people they wouldn't be there, so just get the attitude that they're trying to help you, and they may actually help.

Originally Posted by GbAdimDb5m7
this is the internet, it's not like someone can track me down and tell my mother that I have a sexual attraction torwards her.

e-married to Andrea55
e-brother of dhruvrajvanshi
Quote by Geebz

what if they know?
Quote by fatted aphid
I agree with daviddo442, they're there to help you. Obviously if they don't help people they wouldn't be there, so just get the attitude that they're trying to help you, and they may actually help.

I don't hate the counselor per se, it's just not helping the least bit, and my parents are still making me go and I'm PO'ed.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
It seems as though you just have crazy, controlling parents if you don't mind me saying. Tell your dad and your mothers that you want to be your own person and don't believe you should follow someone who went and created a religion from eating some plant in the woods and subsequently getting high and talking to God.
haha, you slipped that it there smoothly

Originally Posted by GbAdimDb5m7
this is the internet, it's not like someone can track me down and tell my mother that I have a sexual attraction torwards her.

e-married to Andrea55
e-brother of dhruvrajvanshi
Quote by dhruvrajvanshi
what if they know?

Blasphemy!

OT: All counselors/psychologists don't really know anything. They always say you're depressed and suicidal or something like that. I call BS.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by Mark Roxx

First of all, needing help is not a shameful thing at all, if you're every truly in a bad situation I'd encourage you to seek help. That said, not wanting to be Mormon is far from a legitimate reason for going to the counselor and maybe you can convince your counselor to try to convince your parents that you don't need to be there?
Quote by :Vicious--
Blasphemy!

OT: All counselors/psychologists don't really know anything. They always say you're depressed and suicidal or something like that. I call BS.

He was talking about my parents, but still, agreed!
Quote by Masamune
First of all, needing help is not a shameful thing at all, if you're every truly in a bad situation I'd encourage you to seek help. That said, not wanting to be Mormon is far from a legitimate reason for going to the counselor and maybe you can convince your counselor to try to convince your parents that you don't need to be there?

I'm really not in a bad situation at all. Come to think of it, maybe it isn't about religion. Instead it might just be that I have bad days where I get really quiet and crap, and somehow that's led them to think i have more problems than normal.
I had one in high school I saw maybe three or four times. She was a nice lady

EDIT: Oh, that kind of guidance counselor... nah, never saw one.
Last edited by thewho65 at Apr 20, 2011,
I saw one in high school but that was just for scheduling classes and such. All in all i'd say in your situation its quite on overreaction on your parents part. Quite unfortunate, but make the best of it i suppose since you can't really rectify the situation as i assume you are still a minor (correct me if i am wrong). You can probably have some good laughs with the situation thats what'd id do. And hey maybe miss a class you don't like/need!

Forced counseling mostly doesn't work. Mostly. <-cartman voice
I see a psychologist regularly. No, there is nothing "wrong" with me. It has benefited me though. If your counselor is good, then it should be beneficial. Just try not to have a bad attitude. Mental health is something you should take seriously.
I was hoping he'd help me with my social skills but that hasn't been what's happening so I'm kind of giving up on this counseling thing
Well, I'll use this as a platform to tell you a story!

One time, for reasons I will not disclose here, I got sent to a mental hospital. Upon my discharge from the hospital, one of the requirements was that I have a counselor. So, we got one, and I was hoping for this one not to be some kind of "I don't wanna work with you, I just wanna put scenarios in your head and make you think everyone is against you so I can profit" types. Turns out, she was almost exactly that. She didn't put scenarios in my head, she just made me look at certain situations I had gone through in some twisted light that I now know just wasn't true. So, I felt even worse than when I went into the hospital, and started sinking rapidly. Then, when I moved away from my old town, I started realizing that I felt much happier.

The moral of the story is: Take the things counselors say with a grain of salt, because they may be messing you about. But they might actually be good, and in that case, disregard.
My middle school had the coolest guidance counselor ever. Me and my band would go up to his room during lunch and class and chill with him talking about music and stuff. He hooked us up with our first show when we were in 8th grade, we'd burn cds for eachother and whatnot. He ended up coming to our other shows throughout the summer until the band broke up. Highschool GC's aren't that cool...

But yeah this post has nothing to do with what the OP was.
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Quote by dhruvrajvanshi
what if they know?

TS said his parent's are religious... trust me, they won't be able to explain it :P
Quote by Yakult
Shooting mice is the equivalent to smoking weed: it's fun and seemingly harmless, but before you know it, you're shooting smack into every vein and murdering children left right and center.

GeEbZ.
The one at our school is unintentionaly hilarious... we get a lot of ammunition out of his total obsession with "Points!"
I think I've heard of a situation like this before...*cough*
No seriously, I understand. My parents think Satan seeped into my butthole or something and as a consequence I declared my unbelief in Mormonism. I have a counselor but it's unrelated to the religion thing. I actually love counseling. Don't feel low or weak about it. Truth is, in my opinion, everyone needs counseling. You're not worse off than anyone, you're just someone trying to fix your situation. I find counseling really helps my week move along. Just take advantage of it, it could help you in various situations. There's a chance the counselor might take your side, not your parents. Mine thinks my parents are crazy.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.