Page 1 of 2
My Jap made 470 that cost about £70.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti SE with PRS USA Tremonti pickups
2001 Ibanez RG470
Peavey Bandit 112
Fender Superchamp XD
USA Jackson SL1
sa206FM - decent sound, very low price. Obv not a prestige, but it's well made (of course, ibanez)
JEM77 BRMR

It not only looks good, but it can also help you look good
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
XPT-707 would be awesome to have.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Well, I love my recently purchased Prestige RG1421F the best because its MINE. lol. But if money were no object, I would probably want a JEM.
Gear:
Ibanez Prestige 1421F
Epi Les Paul Ultra (With SD JB/Jazz pups)
Bugera 120w 333xl 212 combo
Peavey ValveKing 50w 112 combo (Eminence Texas Heat 12" speaker)
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
MXR M108 10 band EQ.
Dunlop Slash Crybaby Wah.
RG550s for me!
Heres my desert yellow one

with old school S series coming in second
heres my early 90s s440 (with an edge trem before the lo trs BS on the 400s)
1977 Les Paul copy....best Ibby i've ever played.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Ibanez SZ520. I love it because it combines the best qualities of a Strat and a Les Paul and combines them into one. Kind of like a PRS.
Quote by Goat Head Stew
Ibanez SZ520. I love it because it combines the best qualities of a Strat and a Les Paul and combines them into one. Kind of like a PRS.

i know right
so damn original
I haven't played any Ibanez (and I've played several J Customs) that was sounded as good or played as well as my JEM7VWH.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Without a doubt, my favorite is the Ibanez PS10 Paul Stanley Signature Iceman:

That guitar was even more beautiful in a music store. Too bad I couldn't afford one back in the day.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by Dallinisrad

You might like the S2170FW Prestige. It's what the S770PB was based on (except non-prestige of course). Here it is:

Back on topic, and rather ironic actually, my favorite Ibanez is my S2170FB Prestige.

Lurve it... I lurve it a lot...

Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
Really, any guitars in the ART series because they are rock guitars and sound alot better(with dist) than most guitars that are double the price
Was gonna post that. ^ The only thing about that guitar I don't like is the top machine head. I don't know why but it annoys me that it overlaps both different sections of wood...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
rg8670

best j-custom ever
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
an old MIJ ibanez artist i played when i was a noob.

i didn't know what it was, i was like "wat, £850 for a second hand guitar? but they are like £400 new!". i was an idiot.

Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
The Iceman and Prestige really are amazing... wish I could afford them... darn economy.
chris broderick's LACS

oh yeah.....
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Ibanez has always been a mixed bag for me. Loved the look, loved the sound of the higher-quality models, but I can't use tremolos creatively, and in that case the cons outweigh the pros, and I despise the necks, which are what most people love. Bolt-on cures a lot of the worries there, but I want something I like all the way if I'm spending much money.

There is one Ibanez that I really want, and plan to buy once I'm less poor - It's a weird JS that I've never seen anywhere else a local shop has. See-thru red instead of the usual sparkle finish, hardtail, a thicker neck(Most of the Satch models have a more Fendery neck. I love my strat, so that makes me much happier than a Wizard), and weirdest of all, P-90's instead of humbuckers. I want that thing, bad. Anyone know anything about it?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Apr 22, 2011,
Quote by necrosis1193
Ibanez has always been a mixed bag for me. Loved the look, loved the sound of the higher-quality models, but I can't use tremolos creatively, and in that case the cons outweigh the pros, and I despise the necks, which are what most people love. Bolt-on cures a lot of the worries there, but I want something I like all the way if I'm spending much money.

There is one Ibanez that I really want, and plan to buy once I'm less poor - It's a weird JS that I've never seen anywhere else a local shop has. See-thru red instead of the usual sparkle finish, hardtail, and weirdest of all, P-90's instead of humbuckers. I want that thing, bad. Anyone know anything about it?

js700
http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/JS700
Quote by coolstoryangus

That's it. Thanks, if nothing else, this should help get an idea of how much I can haggle it for, and try to find out which country this one is from.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Paul Gilbert's PGM 300 and 301
Esp Eclipse II
Fender Strat LoneStar
Martin D35 Custom Shop
Vox Night Train
Vox Heritage cab 1x12
JS1200. Not only an amazing guitar, but Joe Satriani is the best guitarist ever (personally).

Where's Waldo?
I'll have to go with the RG550 I've had for about 16 years. Thanks to Pablo Gilberto for making me go Ibanez.
I would say my RG5EX1. Its not high end but I love the black pearloid style sharktooth inlays and the reverse headstock with the flat black finish. Its as if the guy who traded me it knew what I wanted before I even saw the thing.
The only thing I dont like about it is the middle pickup which some day I might take it sound and fill in the hole then repaint it flat black again.
Last edited by Darkdevil725 at Apr 29, 2011,
Page 1 of 2