So, I'm potentially starting a project guitar out of a 2007 Gibson Les Paul Menace and would love to hear some opinions of fellow UGers as to what they would like to do with it if they had the chance to do what they wanted to it. Bear in mind this thing is just a body and neck there is absolutely no hardware on this beast as of right now. I already know what I am gonna do with it aside from pickups. Not sure exactly what ones I want there, but that's beside the point. I wanna hear what you would do. So I better not see any replies saying, "Just do what you want to it." So let the opinionating begin.
My Rig: Gibson SG Menace
Gibson Les Paul Menace (Heavy Modded Project)
PRS Mike Mushok Baritone
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone Dot Deluxe
Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
Epiphone Worn '66 Wilshire
Egnater 15W Tweaker, 112 Cab
Just do what you want to it.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Quote by paul.a.hanson
So, I'm potentially starting a project guitar out of a 2007 Gibson Les Paul Menace and would love to hear some opinions of fellow UGers as to what they would like to do with it if they had the chance to do what they wanted to it. Bear in mind this thing is just a body and neck there is absolutely no hardware on this beast as of right now. I already know what I am gonna do with it aside from pickups. Not sure exactly what ones I want there, but that's beside the point. I wanna hear what you would do. So I better not see any replies saying, "Just do what you want to it." So let the opinionating begin.

Well personally I'd get some hardware. I prefer all my guitars to have a bridge of some sort.

If you want a challenge: convert it to a bolt on.
Quote by Wisthekiller
Well personally I'd get some hardware. I prefer all my guitars to have a bridge of some sort.

If you want a challenge: convert it to a bolt on.

Why would you want a Bolt-on LP.

WHY!?

Quote by Puryie
^^

Sweet spam bro, you'll get a warn soon
Last edited by Dennis_SG at Apr 20, 2011,
Make it a little nicer with some cream plastics and nickel hardware, with some gold speed knobs instead of those black ones, maybe a pickguard. Some nice low output pickups, make it a real monster. I dunnoo, I think it's kinda an ugly lester:P

That being said, the sg's are much nicer haha not knocking your git
Guitars:
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Gibson Les Paul Bfg
Acoustics
Ibanez GSR200FM Bass
Amps:
Bugera V55HD w/avatar cab
Fender Champ 600 with 4 ohm cab
70s traynor 200w head with 2 9x8 cabs for bass
Can we get a pic(s) so we can see what you're working with?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I actually already have a SG Menace, got this cause I liked the body design but wanted to go my own direction with the look of the hardware and the sound, practically starting with a bare body and neck that comes pre-painted and start working from there. The thing doesn't even have a truss rod cover! Like I said before this is what you would do. Not what I know I'm gonna do. And to the guy with the idea of making a LP a bolt-on, yes it would be a challenge, but I would never want to try that with a LP.
PRS Mike Mushok Baritone
Epiphone Dot Deluxe
I would just get a basic Seymour Duncan 59' in the bridge and JB4 in the Neck. Then I'd invest in some kind of cool multi-effects pedal to play around with while in Iraq. While I was deployed I played through my POD Farm FX. It was fun to mess around with.

If you're back home, then I'd still get the same pickups, and save up for a better amp.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I'll get pics up of the guitar as soon as I receive it, should be about a week or so.
PRS Mike Mushok Baritone
Epiphone Dot Deluxe
Add claws that seem to grow out of those 4 scars below the bridge. some variant of jimmy page wiring. I guess if all the hardware is gone you can choose a different colour scheme, like chrome or gold instead of that boring black. Oh, Red or Yellow would be nice and shocking. Knobs, pickup covers and rings will be easy, but bridge, nut and machines will probably be hard to find, so you get to paint those yourself.
I've got everything on the way to where I am in Iraq right now, gonna do all the work here. Actually got a luthier in my Platoon that is very willing to help with any problems I can't figure out myself. Ill post some before and after pics after I get everything here.
PRS Mike Mushok Baritone
Epiphone Dot Deluxe
And the project is finished! Shes a beaut! Got everything done that I can get done while I'm in Iraq for now. Ill do some more when I get back home and can finish the thing properly.
Here is the link.
https://picasaweb.google.com/117646653774037100809/GibsonLPMenaceProject?authkey=Gv1sRgCKWCnrf98YHnFQ&feat=directlink
PRS Mike Mushok Baritone
Epiphone Dot Deluxe
Last edited by paul.a.hanson at May 14, 2011,
No project guitar is complete without a pushbutton killswitch!
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
i would leave it inlayless that would be pretty sweet
Stuff that I bought:

Washburn WM24V
Raven RG100 Amplifier
Zoom G1X Multi-Effects Pedal

Quote by jsync
how do you define a guitar for a female?
how about one that whines and has trouble with feedback?
Quote by paul.a.hanson
I've got everything on the way to where I am in Iraq right now, gonna do all the work here. Actually got a luthier in my Platoon that is very willing to help with any problems I can't figure out myself. Ill post some before and after pics after I get everything here.

You guys are fighting a war but somehow you have time to sit there and **** around with guitars? The army is getting cooler every day lol
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
As a fellow LP Menace owner I think you did a pretty interesting job. Not my mind of thing but definitely interesting!
nice pickup configuration!
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard with Bigsby
Gibson Custom ES-137
Gibson Custom 54' Les Paul VOS Goldtop
Gretsch G6129T Silver Jet
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (modded)
1970 Fender Twin Reverb (blackfaced)

Quote by Lovecannon
You guys are fighting a war but somehow you have time to sit there and **** around with guitars? The army is getting cooler every day lol

Iraq is not as bad as it was...most of the fighting moved to afghanistan.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
After playing this thing for a couple of days now, I am all kinds of ungodly impressed with the tone that if offers. The Seymour Duncan SH-1 and Gibson P-94 combo is just about as sweet as I have ever heard. I can't wait to try this thing on a real amp. Let it scream on some tubes like it deserves. But it sounds great through the cheap little Marshall I have for now. I was also very pleased that I was able to get a hold of mostly Gibson original parts for the body, including the whole control surface set-up. Only the bridge, the bridge pickup and the knobs were made by separate companies. I fully intend to give it a good refinish on the paint job, a good fret dress, and have a friend of mine redo the original logo on the headstock when I get back stateside. This has been a real joy to work on and a great learning experience. This guitar is a joy to play and makes all my others (save for the ones I have at home and haven't played yet) sound and feel cheap. Been a great project I will never regret doing.
PRS Mike Mushok Baritone
Epiphone Dot Deluxe
It would look really cool if you had a way to give it the same kind of finish as the les paul voodoo's. Then again, I could see the rough finish it has on it now growing on you between now and then.
Quote by MortifiedLizard
recently I turned it into an Esquire that impregnates unsuspecting people with my children whenever I play it.

Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.
Classy dude, real classy.
(()____(Main Rig)____())>

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Washburn Taurus 5-string Bass
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.