Yo, lookin for some really coool funky bass lines to learn any1 got any suggestions?

Im kinda new to the whole slap bass thing so if anyone wanna guve ne sum pointers would be cool man!

Happy easter y'all
higher ground by rhcp is always a good way to get your slapping rhythym down. thats what started me anyhow
Once you get into it, try nailing some Parliament. Classic funk. Flea is a good place to start though.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Quote by legion69
higher ground by rhcp is always a good way to get your slapping rhythym down. thats what started me anyhow

weird I was thinking of that bass line as I came into here.

but Yeah parliament funkadelic is the funk
Sly and the Family Stone. Listen to Larry Graham and you'll know who Flea copped a few lines from.
Alot of great suggestions already heres a few of my own-:

- Check out RHCP in particular, cant stop and aeroplane (both slapped) and then also songs like charlie, hump de bump, around the world, anything off blood sugar sex magik for funk.

- Jackson 5 have some great funk basslines (i want you back has already been said), written by james jamerson. i suggest you look him up and the bands hes played in including stevie wonder like signed sealed delivered has him on and a great line

- Rage against the machines debut album has some great funk lines - take the power back is an easy slap song that is fun to play.

- Jamiroquai are one of my favourite funk bands, in particular songs like runaway (definately check out that bassline), virtual insanity, cosmic girl, love foolosophy, just another story.

Other bands of interest: Sly and the family stone, funkadelic, tower of power, level 42 and if you wanna go real old school, james brown
rhcp-all their albums except maybe btw...not very funky although the title song and cant stop are quite

jamiroquai

p-funk

lenny kravitz

james brown of course
take the power back by rage!!! forgot about that what a bitchin slap riff!
Check out the songs you need to learn thread that's stickied, it has some decent suggestions.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding