The Mockingbird line runs from cheap, unremarkable entry-level guitars that I would not recommend to fantastic custom-made masterpieces. I've got one of the mid-level set-neck Mockingbird Specials and I like it very much. It plays very well, the Rockfield pickups sound great and it has a first-rate ebony fretboard on it. Along with the carved maple top, it's a lot of guitar for what I paid for it. I'd love to have a contemporary custom model or a late 70s benchmade version, but there are other guitars on which I'd rather spend that much money. Plus, the 1970s Bernardo Rico-made versions were as heavy as a boat anchor. They sure looked and played great, though.

The Mockingbird, along with the Ibanez Iceman, are my favorites of the "extreme" guitar shapes that have been made over the years. It is without a doubt B.C. Rich's best looking guitar.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Neck-dive, yo.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
i used to have the nj classic mocking bird with the nato body and the maple top. along with the rockfield pups, and ebony fingerboard and cloud inlays. it sounded great. and since i have really big hands the neck did not bother me. but alas my kid wanted to race moto cross, and a buddy of mine was willing to trade my bird for a darn kx 125. race bike. i did it for my kid, now the bike is trashed, he has lost interest in moto x and im out a mocking bird. im willing to trade my kid for another one tho.......haha
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
Quote by mig-29
i used to have the nj classic mocking bird with the nato body and the maple top. along with the rockfield pups, and ebony fingerboard and cloud inlays. it sounded great. and since i have really big hands the neck did not bother me. but alas my kid wanted to race moto cross, and a buddy of mine was willing to trade my bird for a darn kx 125. race bike. i did it for my kid, now the bike is trashed, he has lost interest in moto x and im out a mocking bird. im willing to trade my kid for another one tho.......haha

awww man.. sorry to hear that... oh well.. you had a good time with the guitar, right? That's something that counts.
The Bronze Mockingbird ? Shit.
The rest ? Okay.
Personal Opinion: Notable exception ? Exotic Classic. It's just a beauty to play.
Quote by Dayn
Neck-dive, yo.

+1

I lub my calibre classic mockingbird (czech-made i think), but it is prone to neck-dive.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?