What is, in your opinion, the "warmest" Fender amp? The amp with the best tone that doesn't have that shrilly-tin sound. I went from a Hod Rod deluxe which I found to be pretty warm to a vintage 67 Princeton Reverb. The Princeton is a great amp but it's not as warm as the hot rod. I know this is all preference based but what would be the best amp? Is there any way to tweak my princeton to make it warmer...maybe new tubes? thanks
Quote by sexybacon
+1

+10^∞

Bassmans are very warm and have great top end.
You'd probably have to swap out the output transformer to get a significant difference in sound. You could try new tubes, but they simply don't make that much of a difference unless your old tubes have one foot in the grave. In that case, a new set of tubes can make a big difference.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I wouldn't mess with an old Princeton if it's not the sound you want. Tweeds always sound like the warmest fenders to me, especially the 30-40 watters like the bassman, pro, and low-power twin. Some of the larger blackface amps are quite warm as well - the super and twin reverb come to mind.
Wait and see if bugera brings out a Fender clone. That'll be pretty warm. By that I mean on fire.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Wait and see if bugera brings out a Fender clone. That'll be pretty warm. By that I mean on fire.

Lol, I totally saw that coming once I read "Bugera".
yeah i wasn't sure whether i should put in the "by that I mean on fire" bit or not. Punchlines aren't as good when you spell them out, but I didn't want only the wtlt list guys getting it either
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?