Hi guys

You probably seen my other amp question the other day... well what it is this time is just for the time being so i can play for the next or so (this is going to sound rather noobish btw) with an ok sound using a marshall MG250DFX

Anyone got any tips just to get a good sound with it i'm also using an ME-50 and i have a bad monkey to.

your help will be much appreciated and please no sarcasticness this is only temp till i get my peavey!!!

Thanks Again
Originally Posted by jazar94
Oh God, anal masturbation with a banana.
Wait...
**** YEAH! ANAL MASTURBATION WITH A BANANA!

Quote by Silent Murder
This man knows his cleaning essentials.

It'll smell nice afterwards too
1.put bad monkey in front of amp as boost
2.gain around 6 or 7 on amp
3.EQ all at 12 o'clock and from there dial in a good sound
really don't know what else to say never used an
MG
Quote by GS LEAD 5
1) DO NOT BOOST AN SS AMP. Especially if its an MG.
2) Gain as low as possible.
3) Eq all you want. It will still sound crap.

What's wrong with boosting an ss amp????
the tubescreamer was designed to emulate the sound of tubes being driven and thats whats the bad monkey is bro
Also If you think it would sound like crap why would you even go as far as to give advice?
Just do whatever youve been doing until you get your peavey, What peavey are you getting??
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by sexybacon
What's wrong with boosting an ss amp????
the tubescreamer was designed to emulate the sound of tubes being driven and thats whats the bad monkey is bro
Also If you think it would sound like crap why would you even go as far as to give advice?

Boosting a valve amp is to drive the valves harder and get that nice valve distortion. Boosting a SS amp just causes nasty clipping of opamps and other transistors that you don't want to clip.
The TS was originally designed to emulate an overdriven tube amp - it failed at that task dismally however. What they are good for though, and why they are so popular, is when you don't try to get distortion from the TS itself at all but rather use it as a clean boost (with the TS drive turned way down) for valve amps.

TS: you'd probably be better off running the ME50 straight into the PA and getting some put through the foldback so you can hear it too. It should get you by until you can afford a decent amp. An MG is just pissing your money away.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I'm getting a peavey valveking kv100

that is the first step then once i have got enough cash I am investing it wisely in a brand new 6505...
Wait...

Quote by Silent Murder

Oh and music style just metal melodicalish mainly with some possible acoustical type songs (once wrote) think nothing else matters that type of acoustical songs
Wait...

Quote by Silent Murder

why not save your cash outright from the beginning and just get a 6505.
that would probably be the best for you
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Don't let them trash your amp.

The MG is notoriously mediocre - but it can do heavy metal pretty well. I believe Wayne Static uses it live. There are also higher end solid state amps that rock for heavy music - like the D100 Dime tribute amp. Also - the Roland JC-120 is iconic.
Quote by OceansBetweenUs
Don't let them trash your amp.

The MG is notoriously mediocre - but it can do heavy metal pretty well. I believe Wayne Static uses it live. There are also higher end solid state amps that rock for heavy music - like the D100 Dime tribute amp. Also - the Roland JC-120 is iconic.

The roland has awesome cleans, but if youtube vids are anything to judge, the DIme is pretty mediocre as well.

SS=/=bad
Well made SS=awesome
BUT
cheap SS=HORRIBLE
I heard a recent recording of the D100 doing some of teh br00tz and it rocked, pretty hard. Also played with it for a bit at guitar center - sounded ok but I only gave it 5 minutes of my time.

EDIT: It's also dirt cheap at like $300 for the head, so its good for a budget amp either way me thinkz.
Quote by OceansBetweenUs

EDIT: It's also dirt cheap at like $300 for the head, so its good for a budget amp either way me thinkz.

No. If you're on that much of a budget and need a ss amp then either pod or roland cube.

TS: A couple tips so you can get a 6505 quicker. Do NOT buy the valveking, it's not a bad amp but you're obviously into metal, and that wont do it very well. Also, buy the 6505 used, try it out if you're buying from someone on craigslist, if you're worried about buying from someone else then look online at the used stuff from guitar center and musiciansfriend, im pretty sure they will let you return it if it doesn't work, you're not happy with it, etc. Don't be afraid to buy a used amp! You just need to make sure you're not too hasty.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by Cathbard
Boosting a valve amp is to drive the valves harder and get that nice valve distortion. Boosting a SS amp just causes nasty clipping of opamps and other transistors that you don't want to clip.
The TS was originally designed to emulate an overdriven tube amp - it failed at that task dismally however. What they are good for though, and why they are so popular, is when you don't try to get distortion from the TS itself at all but rather use it as a clean boost (with the TS drive turned way down) for valve amps.

TS: you'd probably be better off running the ME50 straight into the PA and getting some put through the foldback so you can hear it too. It should get you by until you can afford a decent amp. An MG is just pissing your money away.

yea, you just seemed a little confused, boasting an amp isnt what you do to use an od pedal as an od. When you use an od as a boost, you arent trying to emulate anything your just hitting the tubes harder. save for the amp you WANT, not one in between. why get several crap amps before the great one, and waste time and money, when if you are a little patient you can get the great amp in a little bit.

the marshall mg arent so 0mG TeRubLE but they are by far great. I approve of the mediocre tone. My guitarist got a more than passable hard rock tone from one after sitting there for 10 minutes, and the people that are scouting us had no problem with the sound at all, and said it was fine. Weve played through much MUCH worse haha
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify