alright guys, i pretty much have a budget of 200$

i play generally any genre. Metal, Blues, Classic Rock etc.

I have a Peavey Classic 30

lol, this pretty much sums everything up...if you need anything else, tell me, im trying to find the best pickups out there
That's a tough call, since it largely depends on what the guitar's EQ already is.

Does it tend toward the brighter or darker side of things?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Unfortunately, that's an impossible question to answer.

Personally, I would put an SD Custom in the bridge, and a 59 in the neck, but I'm not you. There are many, many options out there when it comes to pickups, far too many for there to be an objective best for anything.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
punk ass zebras

cause strats can't have them
Last edited by jypsyseeker! at Apr 20, 2011,
im sorry, i went away from the computer and left this up lol....

my Les Paul tends to be on the darker side actually...to me its really muddy, and im assuming its because of the pickups.

I've heard that Bareknuckles make good pickups but GOOD LORD....they are insanely priced. Sound good, but a bit rich for my blood lol

When i switched from a Line 6 Spider 4 15w to the peavey, it seemed to clean it up a bit, but not much....the current pickups are stock and unchanged. They are good for hard rock, but not much else
Quote by Offworld92
Unfortunately, that's an impossible question to answer.

Personally, I would put an SD Custom in the bridge, and a 59 in the neck, but I'm not you. There are many, many options out there when it comes to pickups, far too many for there to be an objective best for anything.

ya, i've heard that that set is very versatile. From what i can tell, it is one of the most versatile, which is what im looking for. I've been told to check out EMG's, but they seem like a one trick pony...basically metal and thats it from what i hear...plus its up towards the top end of my budget