This local band is hiring me to sell their merchandise at some shows. Anyone ever done this before? If so, any tips you wanna give me? I'm thinking it's pretty self-explanatory, but it doesn't hurt to check. I've not done this business before. :x
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
If the band mentions their merch, raise it up high so everyone can see. Other than that, be nice to the customers.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by Pencil Man
If the band mentions their merch, raise it up high so everyone can see. Other than that, be nice to the customers.

This (=
Don't be pushy but if sales aren't going great it's never a bad thing to go and talk to people!
However, NEVER EVER leave the merch unattended, make sure there is always somebody keeping an eye on it!
Are you hot? Show your boobs if they buy two shirts.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Pencil Man
be nice to the customers.

Aye. Treat it like you would any other public service job. Be nice, and be efficient. Merch booths always tend to turn into a bar. No real line, people all over the place wanting your attention. Try to keep an eye on who comes up first. Well, as best you can anyway. Other than that, just have fun. Having a shitty person working the merch table doesn't put the band in a good light.
yeah just be amiable and open to talk to everyone, walk around beforehand and talk to some of the guys/girls so when you start selling, it'll make it more likely they buy stuff. Also keep YOUR eyes on it at all times...you have no idea I've seen people put retarded people in charge only to get things stolen
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Are you hot? Show your boobs if they buy two shirts.

this. but she's probably not hot, that's why she won't put pictures on her profile.

<_<

>_>
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
this. but she's probably not hot, that's why she won't put pictures on her profile.

<_<

>_>

That or she knows we'd jerk off to them.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

I don't put pictures on my profile because I don't want you guys to know I'm an 80 year old Decepticon disguised as a rabbi.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
As someone who does this all the time, here's a few tips I got for you.

-Try to be near the entrance/exit, but not so close that people walk right by. You want to be in a noticeable spot, but not in the way.

-If the venue is small, wear an earplug in the ear that's facing the stage. Shit can get loud and will damage your hearing if you're sitting there for the whole show. Leave the other ear unplugged because you'll need it to hear the customer's orders.

-If the band has a rack or something, be sure to display all the clothing clearly on it behind you. Also be sure to label all the shirts with individual sizes OR organize them into different boxes according to size.

-NEVER leave the merch table unattended or watched by anyone that you wouldn't trust with your life. Even friends (or even gfs/bfs) will rip the band off given the chance. It's happened to my band before.

-Display all the CDs, posters, and other small items clearly on the table in front of you and make sure the prices are clearly marked.

-Most venues will have places to set up your merch, but not all. It's a good idea to take a small folding table just in case they don't.

-A smile and friendly face is not as important as being able to hear well and make quick transactions. People will walk away if they stand in line too long.

-Make sure people know you're the one selling the merch at the show. You have to look like you're the person to talk to, and not just some groupie who's sitting at their table.

Hope that helps and good luck
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by fail
I don't put pictures on my profile because I don't want you guys to know I'm an 80 year old Decepticon disguised as a rabbi.

and Decepticons are ugly looking, or at least ugly enough to not be able to use their attractiveness to sell merchandise. maybe use their scariness, but not attractiveness. so i win.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by fail

I'd jerk off to that.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by StewieSwan
As someone who does this all the time, here's a few tips I got for you.

-Try to be near the entrance/exit, but not so close that people walk right by. You want to be in a noticeable spot, but not in the way.

-If the venue is small, wear an earplug in the ear that's facing the stage. Shit can get loud and will damage your hearing if you're sitting there for the whole show. Leave the other ear unplugged because you'll need it to hear the customer's orders.

-If the band has a rack or something, be sure to display all the clothing clearly on it behind you. Also be sure to label all the shirts with individual sizes OR organize them into different boxes according to size.

-NEVER leave the merch table unattended or watched by anyone that you wouldn't trust with your life. Even friends (or even gfs/bfs) will rip the band off given the chance. It's happened to my band before.

-Display all the CDs, posters, and other small items clearly on the table in front of you and make sure the prices are clearly marked.

-Most venues will have places to set up your merch, but not all. It's a good idea to take a small folding table just in case they don't.

-A smile and friendly face is not as important as being able to hear well and make quick transactions. People will walk away if they stand in line too long.

-Make sure people know you're the one selling the merch at the show. You have to look like you're the person to talk to, and not just some groupie who's sitting at their table.

Hope that helps and good luck

Mucho thanks

Quote by theogonia777
and Decepticons are ugly looking, or at least ugly enough to not be able to use their attractiveness to sell merchandise. maybe use their scariness, but not attractiveness. so i win.

You like alien robot titties and you know it.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
I'd jerk off to that.

Why am I not surprised?
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Quote by fail
Mucho thanks

You like alien robot titties and you know it.

Why am I not surprised?

Because I've been sending you graphic instructions for months now?
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by fail

Why am I not surprised?

Because you know we like alien robot titties.

Smile a lot. Chat it up if there's not a line. If there IS a line, and you start being People Person, your customers are gonna bail. They aren't there to buy merch (except the fkn hipsters who have never heard the opener and didn't show in time to see them but will buy their T-shirt because you've never heard of them either), they're there for a show, so keep your interactions with them friendly and quick.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)