Page 1 of 2
Sup guiz.

So. at University we get a lot of assignments. Like most, I like to listen to music when I do them.

I usually rely on the Halo 3 OST (No lyrics, relaxed, calming etc) but I've grown bored of it.

What do you listen to?
RIP Tom Searle.
Abbey Road is a great album to study to. It's smooth without being obtrusive into your brain.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
for studying - chatak http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQmJs1sH8gU this is ambient isolationism (ambient sound recorded)

also, the shadow of the colossus OST, the jak and daxter series OST's, psyopus, stevie ray vaughn, and conor oberst's Milk thistle. also, Rachels song "water from the same source" is a nice one.

EDIT: oh, and most of shonenberg and penderecki.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Apr 20, 2011,
Quote by creeping.death!
Post-rock

Explosions in the Sky anyone?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I like Vivaldi when i study. If feeling differently though..

BTBAM - Colors

Either of the Dethalbums

Stayin' Alive
Infected Mushroom, Explosions in the Sky, Circus Maximus...

and a shitload of classical, I like to put Wilhelm Kempff's piano sonatas on shuffle.
Sigur Ros is pretty good since you can't understand what they're saying (unless you speak Icelandic).
Tyr - Eric The Red (the entire album)

Or The Concretes self titled freshman album
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
kind of blue- miles davis.

not only is it the best album ever to study to, it makes you appear to be highly intellectual.
the six unaccompanied cello suites by js bach, rostropovich or yo-yo ma, depends which artist ya like
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
get 'burnout - paradise' and don't touch the controller
"yeah, well, you know...

that's just like... your opinion man."

-The Dude, His Dudeness
I listen to artists like Satriani, Petrucci, and Buckethead. Usually not a lot of lyrics, and the shredding helps me concentrate.
e-single
Quote by MH400
Sup guiz.

So. at University we get a lot of assignments. Like most, I like to listen to music when I do them.

I usually rely on the Halo 3 OST (No lyrics, relaxed, calming etc) but I've grown bored of it.

What do you listen to?

If you like the Halo 3 OST, I really think you'd love the soundtrack for ODST. Very ambient at parts, sort of laid back as well. Has it's loud moments.

Also check out the How To Train Your Dragon OST, it's a great album to listen to, although it does have a lot more energy.
Check out my lyrics! (C4C)

Critical Condition
Tombstone

Quote by SteveHouse
That's actually the point of this. Tell your inner editor to shut the fock up and just write.
i dunno how anyone could listen to post rock while studying. most of them have too much happening, esp crescendo core.

my go to albums for studying are Shutun or Weighing Souls with Sand.
Quote by Andrew C. S.
Sigur Ros is pretty good since you can't understand what they're saying (unless you speak Icelandic).

Or Gobbledegook.

Anyway,

Mono/World's end girlfriend - Palmless Prayer/Mass Murder Refrain
Rosetta - Wake/Lift
The Dillinger Escape Plan - Option Paralysis
boris - smile / feedbacker / pink / Dronevil
Pelican - Australasia
Isis - In the absence of truth
Cloudkicker - Beacons / the Discovery

I find these albums work very well for me when studying. It's pretty subjective though.

Also, trance.
I'd go with On Revolute (Dave Weiner). It's good for covering outside noises, and there's a lot of variety to it.
The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
-Alan Kay

Check out my original classical composition here !
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Last edited by DonGlover at Apr 20, 2011,
get the intrumental version of Fortress by Protest the Hero. it'll blow your mind and I use it for studying myself
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If at first you don't succeed, play bass.

Quote by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22
Quote by CrossBack7
Explosions in the Sky.

/thread

This. Also ES Posthumus and pretty much anything that's epic in nature. Video Game/Movie soundtracks etc.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
Generic Acoustic Instrumentals. They exist for a reason.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by sk8boardbob2
This. Also ES Posthumus and pretty much anything that's epic in nature. Video Game/Movie soundtracks etc.

Oh man, this.

ES Posthumus are amazing.
Check out my lyrics! (C4C)

Critical Condition
Tombstone

Quote by SteveHouse
That's actually the point of this. Tell your inner editor to shut the fock up and just write.
well, when I study, I usually have Dream Theater playing. Select stuff, like Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence, Octavarium, A Change of Seasons, In The Presence of Enemies (once while I was listening to this, where the part "Dark master I will fight for you", my father once thought I was selling my soul to the devil to get high grades), The Spirit Carries On.

That way, when the playlist is finished, I'm finished studying. Good luck TS.
Hate to burst the whole thread bubble, but studies on memory have repeatedly shown that you remember things best when recalling them in the same state that you learned them, e.g. if you were studying while listening to All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone you'll remember what you studied best if you listen to the album again. Since you are never allowed to use an iPod while taking tests, this puts you at a distinct disadvantage when you need to recall that information most.
To actually contribute, studying for tests in the library is probably best, since it gets closest to the conditions you will be in while taking the test.

Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Bored? read these, or this
Quote by CrossBack7
Explosions in the Sky.

/thread

As much as I love Explosions(They've been in my sig multiple times), there's so many other post-rock bands out there that are just as cool.

My studying music, mostly Post-Rock, some ambient, shoegaze, and a little indie thrown in to mix it up.

This Will Destroy You(especially the new album, it's killer)
Yndi Halda
Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson
The Avalanches
Carissa's Wierd
Saxon Shore
Ef
Gregor Samsa
Catherine Wheel
Helios
Joy Wants Eternity
Low
The Cure - Disintegration
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
o_O my roommate and i both listen to the ODST soundtrack too when doing work.....

....is that you?
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Page 1 of 2