Here's the info:

I do not want to spend more than 600-700 dollars. Preferably less, if possible. Used or new doesn't matter as long as it's in good condition.

I mainly play metalcore, and deathcore. However, I also play with lots of cleans and slightly crunchy tones. Big influences tone wise would be Parkway Drive for the distortion, Defeater for the Crunch, and Between The Buried And Me for the cleans.

I need an amp that can do small to moderate shows, but that I can still bring home and practice on as well. I'll probably have this amp for a while, until I get a half stack for real big shows at least.

I'm in Orlando, Fl.

I've grown close to the Bugera 6262's and the Peavey 6505's. However, I'm not sure I'll either get good cleans, or good crunchy tones out of them.

I currently use:
Schecter Damien Special with EMG 81/85's.
Dean ML XL stock.
Line 6 Spyder III 75watt.

Help?
Last edited by yoimer06 at Apr 20, 2011,
Check out the Peavey Vypyr. As you may already know, Peavey builds a lot of amps that are pretty much geared toward metal. This thing has all of the distortion and everything that you will ever need, plus great clean tones. I use the 60 watt tube amp, and it is plenty loud enough for the gigs that I play. I paid around $600 for mine.
I was looking into the Vypyrs, but when I played one, I received waaaay too much feedback. I'm not too sure about, but I didn't play the tube, so I supposed I should try that.
For distortion like parkway drive you will need more than any amp distortion offers. Vypers are good amps though. Check out Jet city heads. Although for that and a cab it may be a bit out of your budget.
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
Don't get a Peavey Vypyr it'll be similar to what you already have. A 6505+ combo would do the trick. With the EMG's you have you really need a tube amp to bring out the best in them. The cleans on them (6505+) are decent, and you can add in an eq pedal and use a pedal to get your crunch sounds. The distortion channel is perfect, since parkway use them themselves
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Last edited by sammo_boi at Apr 20, 2011,
Parkway Drive uses Peavey 6505's through Mesa Cabs, and Ibanez ts808's. I was considering just getting the 6505 combo with one of those pedals along with a few others, but like I mentioned, I'm not too sure about the other tones I want.
Quote by yoimer06
Parkway Drive uses Peavey 6505's through Mesa Cabs, and Ibanez ts808's. I was considering just getting the 6505 combo with one of those pedals along with a few others, but like I mentioned, I'm not too sure about the other tones I want.

That would be perfect for you. Have the TS on your distortion channel. and use it for crunch tones as well
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Yeah, you should definitely try out the tube amp. I find that they have better sound than the solid state Vypyrs. Just remember that at high levels of distortion, you have to learn to control your feedback. I understand what you mean, though. I gigged with my Vypyr just a little while after I bought it. I set my distortion a bit higher than I should have, and let's just say it was a bit embarrassing. I didn't set it up very well, basically because I didn't know what it could do, and ended up with a ton of feedback...
Quote by sammo_boi
That would be perfect for you. Have the TS on your distortion channel. and use it for crunch tones as well

Would I be able to get both these tones at once without having to chance the setting on the pedal?
Yep. For example.

Clean - Amp only on clean channel
Crunch - TS on, amp on clean channel
Distortion - TS on, amp on clean channel

The TS i would have with Level at max and a small amount of gain. Tone around centre
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Quote by sammo_boi
Yep. For example.

Clean - Amp only on clean channel
Crunch - TS on, amp on clean channel
Distortion - TS on, amp on clean channel

The TS i would have with Level at max and a small amount of gain. Tone around centre

Thanks man, getting that shit this weekend. That's all I really wanted to know how to do, I was nearly sold on getting the 6505 regardless.
Sweet man. You'll be happy with it. It will be miles better than your Spider
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator