I'm having trouble with getting my pick angle correctly when trying to do alternate picking on 16th note power chords.

Someone told me once that it's easier (your pick gets stuck less on the up-strokes) if you angle your pick and your attack slightly. But I'm not sure exactly how. Anyone have any advice, preferable with pictures?

Thanks!
I dunno try putting your pick flat against the string, but orthogonal to the body. then keeping it orthogonal to the guitar, rotate it counter clockwise about 30 degrees.

then rotate it about 5 degrees along the axis of the neck.

thats how I play although im fairly certain I invert the angles on opposing strokes, that way the angle is always the same.
"I can see that we speak the wrong notes."

Warlock NJ Deluxe (haters gonna hate)
Crate EL-10G
Quote by satanicgurrl
I dunno try putting your pick flat against the string, but orthogonal to the body. then keeping it orthogonal to the guitar, rotate it counter clockwise about 30 degrees.

thats how I play although im fairly certain I invert the angles on opposing strokes, that way the angle is always the same.

Also keep the pick really loose so it just glides over the strings as you pick.
Quote by skylerjames13
This +10000

You're a decent 11'er Bryc3e

Nothing can keep you away from the need to create.. Cause your path is free! - Jari Maenpaa
I play sideways. No pictures.... but imagine the normal guy holding the pick flat against the strings. Now turn pick 45 degrees. It takes a little adjustment of the wrist (pulling it in towards you a little).

Works for me, Ive been playing death metal for some years and can pick pretty fast.

Definitely doesnt work as well for fault harmonics or palm mutes.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
Quote by satanicgurrl

ha didnt see this, same thing sorta. +1
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
Quote by maddnotez
I play sideways. No pictures.... but imagine the normal guy holding the pick flat against the strings. Now turn pick 45 degrees. It takes a little adjustment of the wrist (pulling it in towards you a little).

Works for me, Ive been playing death metal for some years and can pick pretty fast.

Definitely doesnt work as well for fault harmonics or palm mutes.

do you find it muffles the attack, since you're not getting as sharp a stroke?