I want to change the seffields inside my 5150 combo to vintage 30's. i opened up the back of the combo (closed back) last night and saw that the speaker are bolted in from the outside (grill side) how do i get them out and put new one's in???

i expected the head of the bolts to be inside wear i could reach it, not where the covering on the outside is!
If they are front loaded speakers than the front panel MUST come off. You should be able to find something if you google it.

Is there not a washer on the back side of the nut? In my valveking (where you could swap the speakers either through the front or the back) I just used pliers to loosen the washers.

Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Apr 21, 2011,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
If they are front loaded speakers than the front panel MUST come off. You should be able to find something if you google it.

Is there not a washer on the back side of the nut? In my valveking (where you could swap the speakers either through the front or the back) I just used pliers to loosen the washers.

ya man it looks just like the picture you posted.

with the washer on the back like that.
so i could use pliers to pull the washers off? and get em out without taking off the front? (sounds undoable with my nonexpertise with amps) this sounds risky lol
go from the back
tone slut

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
jet City 2112 Combo
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Classic Vibe Telecaster
use pliers dude you had this solved already, nothing's risky. just use the pliers to unscrew the nuts and swap it out...